ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

IFoS optional dilemma . Botany vs Forestry.

I attempted two civil services with geography optional and scored very poorly.
I want to now focus on forest services.
I am thinking of taking zoology as an optional.
What should be the other optional : botany or Forestry?
Please comment.

Comments

• Since you are new to both botnay and zoology. It will be wise to take forestry as other optional.
    - small syllabus
    - scoring
    - Overlap with GS 3 Enivornment
    - Helps in GK paper
    - Helps in interview
    Indian Forest Service 2017 Batch
  • INFI said:

Since you are new to both botnay and zoology. It will be wise to take forestry as other optional.
    - small syllabus
    - scoring
    - Helps in GK paper
    - Helps in interview

Thanks a lot.
    Is zoology a better choice than botany?
  • Is zoology a better choice than botany?
  • Dehra said:

INFI said:

Since you are new to both botnay and zoology. It will be wise to take forestry as other optional.
    - small syllabus
    - scoring
    - Helps in GK paper
    - Helps in interview

Thanks a lot.
    No idea bhai.
  • INFI said:

Dehra said:

INFI said:

- small syllabus
    - scoring
    - Helps in GK paper
    - Helps in interview

Thanks a lot.
    No idea bhai.
    Ok, thanks bhai.
  • Bhai read IFS neha srivstava's post. You might get some idea.
    http://nehasrivastavaifs.blogspot.in/2016/04/strategy-for-zoology-paper-1.html

• Is there any source like any magazine which I should follow year round to cover current perspective for Botany?
  • @INFI Can you tell me how to go about forestry optional for IFos. I have around 1 month after civil mains for ifos. Is it possible to complete it within such short span of time?
    For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: Hunt or be hunted.
  • @INFI Can you tell me how to go about forestry optional for IFos. I have around 1 month after civil mains for ifos. Is it possible to complete it within such short span of time?

han bhai. more than enough.
    Abhi Focus on CSM and other optional (in case of common). After Mains will share in depth about forestry.
  • @Hot_Pursuit

Buy manikandan and prabhu breakthrough indian forestry abhi se,
    nov/dec it will run out of stock because everyone will run to buy it.

• INFI said:

@INFI Can you tell me how to go about forestry optional for IFos. I have around 1 month after civil mains for ifos. Is it possible to complete it within such short span of time?

han bhai. more than enough.
    Abhi Focus on CSM and other optional (in case of common). After Mains will share in depth about forestry.
    Thanks!! Will get back to you after Mains.
    For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: Hunt or be hunted.
  • @Hot_Pursuit

Is it available in ORN or will I have to buy it online?
  • @Hot_Pursuit

No idea about delhi mate, don't live there. It should be on amazon.
    Its a total crap book, but they stick exactly to the syllabus.
    INFI obviously knows more than I do

bookmark these for later

https://rishavgupta.wordpress.com/2014/03/28/my-strategy-for-forestry-preparation-for-i-f-s-examination/

https://foodforpoetryy.com/2017/07/01/upsc-ifs-revision-notes-for-forestry-optional/

• @Hot_Pursuit

No idea about delhi mate, don't live there. It should be on amazon.
    Its a total crap book, but they stick exactly to the syllabus.
    INFI obviously knows more than I do

bookmark these for later

https://rishavgupta.wordpress.com/2014/03/28/my-strategy-for-forestry-preparation-for-i-f-s-examination/

https://foodforpoetryy.com/2017/07/01/upsc-ifs-revision-notes-for-forestry-optional/
  • @INFI Can you please share forestry paper strategy for IFoS mains?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog