Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

which test series should i join for philosophy

i had given mains twice before but scored low both times...had taken coaching fron patanjali and had given mitras test series in 2014.. seeing this year marks of philosophy i m confused how should i proceed with philo preparation.. plz help guys
all i need is You Lord

Comments

• Plz
    all i need is You Lord
  • edited July 4
    Don't know much about Patanjali, but I think better to re-engage with Mitra's epoche started 2nd July. However, U must enrich your notes and concepts using wikipedia or other books as per the trend observed last year (although it goes against Mitra's (UPSC ek dharra hai) starategy).
    BornPhilosopher.
  • Don't know much about Patanjali, but I think better to re-engage with Mitra's epoche started 2nd July. However, U must enrich your notes and concepts using wikipedia or other books as per the trend observed last year (although it goes against Mitra's (UPSC ek dharra hai) starategy).

what extra sources r u refering ..books or other sources..
    i had joined mitra sir's test series in 2014 but even after insisting too much he didnt tell any mistakes in my asnwers.. and at patanjali sir insists on writing what he has taught in class only.. i want to enrich my answers as i know veryone is doing either mitra or patanjali notes
    all i need is You Lord
  • doc said:

i had given mains twice before but scored low both times...had taken coaching fron patanjali and had given mitras test series in 2014.. seeing this year marks of philosophy i m confused how should i proceed with philo preparation.. plz help guys

Caution- If anybody who is reading this is andha-bhakt of any coaching wala, don't go further.

See brother, Originality in answers is highly awarded by UPSC. If you can come up with good, to the point and original answers (flavor of your own unique style of answering questions, with reflections of your thoughts regarding philosopher being asked) then possibility of exceptional marks !

Now mostly teachers would say, my notes are sufficient, don't do youtube, don't do research, just do nothing and write answers from my notes or material I provide! As I am the King !!!! Aur aapne bache ki tarah inki sun li to kasam khuda ki, UPSC na sunega. (likhwalo stamp paperwa pe)

No Katanjali, or Pitra can agree with me at all, unki dukan band ho jayegi agar ladke ye sab kar ke number laane lage to. Ab aap unki hi test series likhenge aur expect karenge ki UPSC 300 dega, not gonna happen.

PS- sorry if I was blunt and rude,open to criticism.
    Hiye Kaya mein bartan maati ro.....
  • doc said:

Caution- If anybody who is reading this is andha-bhakt of any coaching wala, don't go further.

See brother, Originality in answers is highly awarded by UPSC. If you can come up with good, to the point and original answers (flavor of your own unique style of answering questions, with reflections of your thoughts regarding philosopher being asked) then possibility of exceptional marks !

Now mostly teachers would say, my notes are sufficient, don't do youtube, don't do research, just do nothing and write answers from my notes or material I provide! As I am the King !!!! Aur aapne bache ki tarah inki sun li to kasam khuda ki, UPSC na sunega. (likhwalo stamp paperwa pe)

No Katanjali, or Pitra can agree with me at all, unki dukan band ho jayegi agar ladke ye sab kar ke number laane lage to. Ab aap unki hi test series likhenge aur expect karenge ki UPSC 300 dega, not gonna happen.

In paper 1, there is limited scope of novelty in answers. I am aware of candidates who have drawn diagrams in Paper 1 and scored well. But apart from such things, there isnt much scope in paper 1.

Yes, in Paper 2, there is plenty of scope. In fact, in Paper 2, there are two techniques of scoring well.

1) Whatever terms you read in coaching notes , you have to use it. For example, you have to use the terms Pascal wager, -- and No, no question will be directly asked on this, but you will have to include it in your answer.

2) Read from new sources and write fresh content. That will get you high marks. In any Paper 2 of any subject.

My 2 cents.

*No good deed goes unpunished*
  • Neyawn said:

doc said:

In paper 1, there is limited scope of novelty in answers. I am aware of candidates who have drawn diagrams in Paper 1 and scored well. But apart from such things, there isnt much scope in paper 1.

Yes, in Paper 2, there is plenty of scope. In fact, in Paper 2, there are two techniques of scoring well.

1) Whatever terms you read in coaching notes , you have to use it. For example, you have to use the terms Pascal wager, -- and No, no question will be directly asked on this, but you will have to include it in your answer.

2) Read from new sources and write fresh content. That will get you high marks. In any Paper 2 of any subject.

My 2 cents.

bhai please suggest book list/ other sources to prepare for both papers.
    I scored very poor this year in paper 1
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • I searched for book list and bought 4 new books today..
    Indian philosophy dutt and chatterjee
    Western masih
    Religious masih
    Sociopolitical gauba..

I also went to meet dharmendra sir (Patanjali) ..he also admitted that everyone is writing same answers in philosophy because of coaching material and this time he will help us to make our answers unique.. Let's c how much he will help..

Test series toh join krna hi tha so I have decided to join Patanjali coz sir had told me that I can get my answers checked personally be him
    all i need is You Lord
  • Previously I had done only and only class notes of Patanjali and scored low in 2 mains.. So this time I can't take risk
    all i need is You Lord
  • I regret commenting on this thread. :s :s
    #Plato's Cave analogy !
    Hiye Kaya mein bartan maati ro.....
  • doc said:

I searched for book list and bought 4 new books today..
    Western masih
    Religious masih
    Sociopolitical gauba..

I also went to meet dharmendra sir (Patanjali) ..he also admitted that everyone is writing same answers in philosophy because of coaching material and this time he will help us to make our answers unique.. Let's c how much he will help..

Test series toh join krna hi tha so I have decided to join Patanjali coz sir had told me that I can get my answers checked personally be him

doc will he check personally all the copies or some of them...mere classnotes toh 2013 mai bane hue hai..updated kaha se milenge
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
  • thehulk said:

doc said:

Western masih
    Religious masih
    Sociopolitical gauba..

doc will he check personally all the copies or some of them...mere classnotes toh 2013 mai bane hue hai..updated kaha se milenge
    no no he will check only few questions if we go to him... we can write and gve him the answer ...like 2-3 questions daily... m sure test series papers are checked by some old aspirants only...
    all i need is You Lord
  • doc said:

thehulk said:

doc said:

Western masih
    Religious masih
    Sociopolitical gauba..

no no he will check only few questions if we go to him... we can write and gve him the answer ...like 2-3 questions daily... m sure test series papers are checked by some old aspirants only...
    thanks doc...koi idea naye updated notes kaha milenge...market mai bhi purane hai
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
  • thehulk said:

doc said:

Western masih
    Religious masih
    Sociopolitical gauba..

my notes are also of 2013.. but notes r still the same i guess warna wo kehte ki new wale le lo
    all i need is You Lord
  • I regret commenting on this thread. :s :s
    #Plato's Cave analogy !

whatever u said is right but we have to get our answers evaluated and those who dont have some group around have to go to institutes.. majburi hi hai... i think we have to choose less foolish from two foolish options
    all i need is You Lord
  • doc said:

thehulk said:

doc said:

Western masih
    Religious masih
    Sociopolitical gauba..

my notes are also of 2013.. but notes r still the same i guess warna wo kehte ki new wale le lo
    same here 2013 notes..i have realised one thing..both the coaching left some portion untouched in syllabus. i hav taken coaching from patanjali but i was like blank seeing 2016 mains paper.
    now i dont know how to procced.
    open to suggestion
  • doc said:

thehulk said:

doc said:

Western masih
    Religious masih
    Sociopolitical gauba..

same here 2013 notes..i have realised one thing..both the coaching left some portion untouched in syllabus. i hav taken coaching from patanjali but i was like blank seeing 2016 mains paper.
    now i dont know how to procced.
    open to suggestion
    I have started doing the topics from book also this time...
    all i need is You Lord
  • is there any one who preparing phiolosophy in marathi medium...? plz need help
  • Guys please tell whether Mitra test series will help
    As he says I will tell you How and why, not just What'
  • Akkdu said:

Guys please tell whether Mitra test series will help
    As he says I will tell you How and why, not just What'

Join whichever u want but just remember one thing ur answers have to be different to get good score.. Applies to me also..
    Don't go by what they r saying this is all publicity tactics.. He is nice no doubt but in optional we need more of self evaluation and self improvement
    all i need is You Lord
  • I want to sell Vision Philosophy test series with 8 tests. Anyone interested please pm me. Original Price - 12,000. Discounted Price (Rs 8,000)
  • vikvin said:

I want to sell Vision Philosophy test series with 8 tests. Anyone interested please pm me. Original Price - 12,000. Discounted Price (Rs 8,000)

Sent u a PM..... Let me know if u r interested...
  • Anyone want to sell vision Philosophy test series please leave a message@ 9466856564
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog