ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Cutoff Prediction for General Category in CSE Prelims 2017

just predict the cutoff for gen category. Wat ever u feel according to recent trends and your expereince

Jaan Tere Naam

Comments

• Laal bhai kaisan ba? Koi Gf bni yaar? <3
    London main barish bata ke nahi aati
  • Depends upon question if 2011 2012 standard then 102 - 104.
    2013 - 2015 then 110.
    2016 standard question then 116 - 118.
  • merc_benz said:

Laal bhai kaisan ba? Koi Gf bni yaar? <3 </p>

Badia haan ek nahi Gf baniya hai Playstation 4 naam hai uska usi mein laga rehta hu aajkal

Jaan Tere Naam

• merc_benz said:

Badia haan ek nahi Gf baniya hai Playstation 4 naam hai uska usi mein laga rehta hu aajkal
    Accchaa? Joystick wahi purani? :joy:
    2013 - 2015 then 110.

2016 ka standard then 125 sure bcoz mostly will improve their score I hop2 2012 standard but seeing cds, cisf and nda this year i m expecting similar to 2016 paper wiith lots of factual data

Jaan Tere Naam

• merc_benz said:

merc_benz said:

nice tum batao kahin selection hua

Jaan Tere Naam

2013 - 2015 then 110.

2016 ka standard then 125 sure bcoz mostly will improve their score I hop2 2012 standard but seeing cds, cisf and nda this year i m expecting similar to 2016 paper wiith lots of factual data
    exactly..I saw cisf etc n saw some questions like which days are celerated on which days
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.
  • merc_benz said:

merc_benz said:

Hmmm... pta to h tujhe last time kya tha.. tera kya chal rha?
  • merc_benz said:

merc_benz said:

merc_benz said:

Mera abhi ek exam ka result bacha hai waha hogaya then its ok nahi to wohi berozgari uspar yeh Modi ne seat ki mar rakhi hai aur uspar UPPSC ka bura haal

Jaan Tere Naam

• merc_benz said:

merc_benz said:

merc_benz said:

Mera abhi ek exam ka result bacha hai waha hogaya then its ok nahi to wohi berozgari uspar yeh Modi ne seat ki mar rakhi hai aur uspar UPPSC ka bura haal
    Haan yaar ye modi bc bhi na. Jo bhi h tera bhau result gudluck. Wse forum se mann ub gya h. Yaha koi bhi gyan de jata h..
    kal ka sadhu.. g**nd mai jataa bc
  • may be 125
  • edited June 2017
    This is the cutoff. It is very high this year for 2016. Cutoff for 2017 depends on toughness level.
    Screenshot_2017-06-02-01-31-47-169_com.lbe.parallel.intl.png
    1080 x 1920 - 395K
  • should be atleast 120..unless it is extremely difficult paper..
    duniya..
  • If all things remain same, I think there's generally a rise of 10% YoY.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

this is not going to happen this time though...10% YoY will reduce as score increases
    2013 - 2015 then 110.

bro have you seen these papers ? I was told that this year's papers were comparatively balanced with lesser number​ of current :# kindly throw some light.

this is not going to happen this time though...10% YoY will reduce as score increases
    I hope so buddy. But even state PCS cutoffs for even group C posts are astronomical when compared to just a year or two back. I don't know if it's the competition or the sheer population or what, but I think we ought to be ready for 125. Wouldn't hurt to tread cautiously, anyway.

I hope so buddy. But even state PCS cutoffs for even group C posts are astronomical when compared to just a year or two back. I don't know if it's the competition or the sheer population or what, but I think we ought to be ready for 125. Wouldn't hurt to tread cautiously, anyway.
    sahi baat..
    duniya..
  • edited June 2017
    Rudraa said:

Depends upon question if 2011 2012 standard then 102 - 104.
    2013 - 2015 then 110.

bro have you seen these papers ? I was told that this year's papers were comparatively balanced with lesser number​ of current :# kindly throw some light.
    Bro yeah it was balanced but the fact was static questions were mostly factual data except history , all these 3 papers plus EPFO conducted by UPSC shows that history is gona get tougher as the level of exam increases may be due to the chairman being historian himself. Rest were similar to 2016 so expecting 120 plus CSE cutoff and with decreasese in seats there will be atleast 1200 to 1300 less students called for Mains compared to 2016 so cutoff would be rising in any case unless they set an unpredictable paper

Jaan Tere Naam

Jamie bhai what about forestry it might cross 140 barrier

Jaan Tere Naam

• cutooff at least 120 unless paper is extremely tough
  • 2013-14 type paper - 105-110
    2015-16 type paper - above 120 ( less number of seats)

Jamie bhai what about forestry it might cross 140 barrier
    Forget about 2017. To avoid shock they've not even given 2016 cutoff yet. :D
  • arey bhai saturaation aata h.. ek level k baad.. 125 cutoff kaun bol rha h..

same paper m bhi 120 cross nhi hoga..
  • guys cut off high hoga and last yr se 800-
    1000 km select hoge mains main bcoz vacancy 100 kam hai is br.
  • are wah itni jaldi
    chocolate is my life
  • @Meri_Maut_Ka_Tamasha 2018 ka bhi bana du
    chocolate is my life
  • choco_dip said:

@Meri_Maut_Ka_Tamasha 2018 ka bhi bana du

2017 ka bata pehle

Jaan Tere Naam

• I am reminded of those naysayers who emerge after every prelims and ridiculously torture reality to convince themselves how the cutoffs will actually slide down.

Anyone with basic common sense could see last year that cutoffs would rise.

If the paper stays more or less the same, cutoffs will rise further. I expect them to settle close to 125 not least because PT-365 is now staple material for the vast majority of serious exam takers.

What does this mean for the 2-hour we shall have in the exam hall? Well, try judging the nature of the paper first. If it reminds you of 2016, please understand that not doing guesswork will most likely land you in depressing shit for another year.

All the best!
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
  • handshake said:

I am reminded of those naysayers who emerge after every prelims and ridiculously torture reality to convince themselves how the cutoffs will actually slide down.

Anyone with basic common sense could see last year that cutoffs would rise.

If the paper stays more or less the same, cutoffs will rise further. I expect them to settle close to 125 not least because PT-365 is now staple material for the vast majority of serious exam takers.

What does this mean for the 2-hour we shall have in the exam hall? Well, try judging the nature of the paper first. If it reminds you of 2016, please understand that not doing guesswork will most likely land you in depressing shit for another year.

All the best!

bhai kisi bhi case me max attempt karna best hai
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog