MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of Ethics : 22nd July(Morning)-8:00 a.m
Entire course in the most structured & systematic manner.
Discussion of theory + Case Studies through the prism of philosophy, psychology & Governance
It includes L.A.W.S. (live Answer Writing Session)
FREE SEMINAR ON 22ND JULY, 8.00 AM. Batch Begins with Seminar

For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com

Selecting Pud Ad as optional

Hi everyone,
I am planning to appear in CSE 2018. I want your kind inputs for the selection of pub ad as optional. Also I am 27 yrs & don't have much time to give many attempts & want to clear it ASAP.
Please guide me as CSE 2018 will be my first attempt.
Thanks in anticipation!!
·

Comments

• Dangerous
    ·
  • edited May 14
    take subject which u find intresting and get on prwo
    refer ashish tiwari blog : http://dawnreturns.blogspot.in/2016/06/public-administration-blessing-in.html , and follow religiously @Sam9012
    good luck
    ·
  • Dangerous

Thanks @GurukantDesai , Is pub ad continuously disappointing serious aspirants deliberately or there are chances to do better after spending 4-5 months with it relegiously?
    R u from pub ad?
    ·
  • take subject which u find intresting and get on prwo
    refer ashish tiwari blog : http://dawnreturns.blogspot.in/2016/06/public-administration-blessing-in.html , and follow religiously @Sam9012
    good luck

Thanks @zohanmukharjee , I have gone through the blog, he has explained things beautifully has got AIR 6 as well but because I am an beginner the generalised opinions are pulling me into process of rethinking again & again. Questions like what will happen if I write mains with this optional , will again questions will come that very tough to understand and out of syllabus, if experienced aspirants are advising elsewhere not go with it as a beginner can I write a good paper etc.
    Also I will be going to Delhi in last week of May, want an advice on which coaching is best for pub ad, mohanty sir, pavan sir or Vajiram & Ravi?
    ·
  • edited May 15
    Sam9012 said:

take subject which u find intresting and get on prwo
    good luck

Thanks @zohanmukharjee , I have gone through the blog, he has explained things beautifully has got AIR 6 as well but because I am an beginner the generalised opinions are pulling me into process of rethinking again & again. Questions like what will happen if I write mains with this optional , will again questions will come that very tough to understand and out of syllabus, if experienced aspirants are advising elsewhere not go with it as a beginner can I write a good paper etc.
    Also I will be going to Delhi in last week of May, want an advice on which coaching is best for pub ad, mohanty sir, pavan sir or Vajiram & Ravi?
    Dont waste time in unnecessary speculation , prepare the subject if u love it , if dont move on
    @Sam9012
    ·
  • Go for lukmaan ias I.e ansari sir
    ·
  • Go for lukmaan ias I.e ansari sir

Thanks @Robert_putnam .
    What's the fee ? Have you opted pub ad?
    ·
  • Buddy, I opted for public administration crash course during last mains it was 28k alongwith test series. Believe me it was worth going there I not only got somewhat conceptual clarity but also learnt writing skills.

On the basis of that I can assure you he is the best for beginners too.
    ·
  • Sam9012 said:

Go for lukmaan ias I.e ansari sir

Thanks @Robert_putnam .
    Regarding fee buddy it may be around 40k I don't have idea of full course.

Do one thing have a look at vdo lectures available online
    ·
  • Sorry but if anyone want pubad books I want to sell my old books price negotiable...
    TMPDOODLE1495122212279.jpg
    499 x 666 - 269K
    ·
  • starlord said:

Sorry but if anyone want pubad books I want to sell my old books price negotiable...

Thanks for the offer, how was your experience with opting pub ad for UPSC?
    ·
  • Sam9012 said:

Go for lukmaan ias I.e ansari sir

Thanks @Robert_putnam .
    Regarding fee buddy it may be around 40k I don't have idea of full course.

Do one thing have a look at vdo lectures available online
    Thanks ,I will surely go through videos & get back to you. Do you have any idea about how Pawan & Mohanty sir are?
    ·
  • Buddy don't go for mohanty ... and have no idea regarding pawan all I know these days ansari sir giving great efforts than odrs
    ·
  • As per my experience mohanty Sir is good for paper 1.in Paper 2 major part only taken by mohanty Sir rest is other random teacher ...BC most of syllabus is extension of GS polity
    ·
  • i am not biased toward any teacher......but Pavan sir has been giving top rank consistently. his approach is totally different and unique which help to score good marks. best thing in his class is you will get to know how to write impressive introduction , how to connect paper 1 and paper 2 & how to use examples, data, and facts to make your answer better than others. he makes things very simple and lucid.
    His regular test series is unparalleled.(one can see this year upsc pub ad paper, around 80-85% questions were directly from his test series.). i still dont know how he predicts questions which comes in upsc. Amazing!!!!
    ·
  • @mrit said:

i am not biased toward any teacher......but Pavan sir has been giving top rank consistently. his approach is totally different and unique which help to score good marks. best thing in his class is you will get to know how to write impressive introduction , how to connect paper 1 and paper 2 & how to use examples, data, and facts to make your answer better than others. he makes things very simple and lucid.
    His regular test series is unparalleled.(one can see this year upsc pub ad paper, around 80-85% questions were directly from his test series.). i still dont know how he predicts questions which comes in upsc. Amazing!!!!

Err. I remember a discussion where in a question on Taylor, his "introduction" was - " F. W. Taylor was born in #### at .....

I will leave the rest to your wisdom and judgement.
    ·
  • beanbag said:

@mrit said:

i am not biased toward any teacher......but Pavan sir has been giving top rank consistently. his approach is totally different and unique which help to score good marks. best thing in his class is you will get to know how to write impressive introduction , how to connect paper 1 and paper 2 & how to use examples, data, and facts to make your answer better than others. he makes things very simple and lucid.

Err. I remember a discussion where in a question on Taylor, his "introduction" was - " F. W. Taylor was born in #### at .....

Sounds sarcastic can u plz complete it bro? I don't have any idea of pavan sir. Could u bring some light if someone ask me to join pavan sir or ashutosh pandey of gs score for mains this year? However I am quite satisfied with ansari sir just sometimes he delays copy checking??

·
  • beanbag said:

@mrit said:

Sounds sarcastic can u plz complete it bro? I don't have any idea of pavan sir. Could u bring some light if someone ask me to join pavan sir or ashutosh pandey of gs score for mains this year? However I am quite satisfied with ansari sir just sometimes he delays copy checking??

Glad you got the sarcasm. Pawan sir has undoubtedly had good results over the years. But I did not find his content or knowledge, enough to help one tackle the kind of questions UPSC asks. Wouldn't recommend him to anyone. If you are satisfied with Ansari sir, don't join any other coaching. Use the time to strengthen your basics by reading standard text books and connecting with current affairs.
    ·
  • beanbag said:

@mrit said:

Is there any chances of trial classes?
    ·
  • Sam9012 said:

beanbag said:

@mrit said:

Is there any chances of trial classes?
    Just for comparison if trial classes are available with Mohanty, Pavan & Ansari Sir?
    ·
  • My honest review

M Puri- seems retired...was good in paper 2..not sure still teach pub ad or not

Pavan Kumar- good teacher but not updated well. Currrent batches are not showing desired results...again good with paper 2.however lot of students are unhappy with his teaching style.
    His free videos available on neostencil..may watch for trail.

Ashutosh Pandey- Seems new sensation in field of pub ad.videos available on youtube..seems good. however not much feedback available from students.

M.K Mohanty- he is good teacher and undoubtedly master of paper 1.He is also good in paper 2 but from past some years did not take much portion of paper 2.Seems he lost interest n more focused towards ethics.
    His videos are also available on youtube.

S.Ansari -having good share of pub ad market for past 2 years.Test series is popular (he himself checks copies)
    balanced approach for both the papers.updated with dynamic scenario of pub ad.

Ansari is good option in current scenario...may be not the best but his balanced approach for both papers may help to clear the exam.

Discuss all doubts with mohanty(he is honest) before joining synergy(mohanty)..n if he tells ..will cover the good part of paper 2 then you should join mohanty.

Ashutosh pandey seems good but ensure proper feedback from old students.not much info available.

Pavan kumar..may opt if you are satisfied with his trail videos.however his test series is pathetic.

You're a Warrior, damn it.
    ·
  • My honest review

M Puri- seems retired...was good in paper 2..not sure still teach pub ad or not

Pavan Kumar- good teacher but not updated well. Currrent batches are not showing desired results...again good with paper 2.however lot of students are unhappy with his teaching style.
    His free videos available on neostencil..may watch for trial.

Ashutosh Pandey- Seems new sensation in field of pub ad.videos available on youtube..seems good. however not much feedback available from students.

M.K Mohanty- he is good teacher and undoubtedly master of paper 1.He is also good in paper 2 but from past some years did not take much portion of paper 2.Seems he lost interest n more focused towards ethics.
    His videos are also available on youtube.

S.Ansari -having good share of pub ad market for past 2 years.Test series is popular (he himself checks copies)
    balanced approach for both the papers.updated with dynamic scenario of pub ad.

Ansari is good option in current scenario...may be not the best but his balanced approach for both papers may help to clear the exam.

Discuss all doubts with mohanty(he is honest) before joining synergy(mohanty)..n if he tells ..will cover the good part of paper 2 then you should join mohanty.

Ashutosh pandey seems good but ensure proper feedback from old students.not much info available.

Pavan kumar..may opt if you are satisfied with his trial videos.

You're a Warrior, damn it.
    ·
  • @Sam9012 .some demo classes of pavan sir are available online (neostencil).My advice is to follow that teacher who gives good result.Anyway you have to score good marks in pub ad and not to become pundit of it.
    ·
  • Hi...
    M an aspirant like all u ppl...
    4th attempt...waiting for interview result...
    Loyal to pubad for last 4 yrs...joined mohanty sir in first attempt...din like it...wrote mains every time...
    First 2 yrs were not good...but joined pavan sir from last 2 yrs...got good marks in 3rd attempt...n expecting better in this....
    I had one more guy from pub Ad in the medicals n he is also pavan sirs product...

I hope this helps u....
    ·
  • Aspirant5 said:

Hi...
    M an aspirant like all u ppl...
    4th attempt...waiting for interview result...
    Loyal to pubad for last 4 yrs...joined mohanty sir in first attempt...din like it...wrote mains every time...
    First 2 yrs were not good...but joined pavan sir from last 2 yrs...got good marks in 3rd attempt...n expecting better in this....
    I had one more guy from pub Ad in the medicals n he is also pavan sirs product...

I hope this helps u....

Great, best wishes results. Thanks for the answer. Since you have written mains 4 times with Pub Ad, u can guide much better.
    Please be in touch I am bit scared because of hype in market about marking in pub ad!!
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog