"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
ForumIAS Mains Orientation Session on June 24 at 11 AM

ForumIAS will be conducting an Orientation Session for Mains 2017 on June 24 at 11AM. The agenda of the session will be to discuss (1) Mains Guidance Plan along with sources and time management techniques (2) Toppers Talk with Prajit Nair ( AIR 87 ) who will discuss his detailed strategy for Mains Preparation. The event is specially for MGP Students / MGP interested students / Mains Marathon Followers but can be attended by all. Click here to register ( Mandatory)

Note : A second Open to All Session will be conducted soon with MGP Student Mittali Sethi in the coming days.
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening)-5:15PM - 7:15PM & 29th June (Morning)-11AM-1PM ; FREE SEMINAR ON 25TH JUNE, 5.15PM Subject To Availability Of Seats
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal(Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar(Rank-200, 2016) (3) Athar Aamir 1st booklet and 2nd booklet(Rank-2)

I wear specs of high power (-4 Diopter) & my height is 5"8'. Am I eligible for IPS & the like?

I am a male.
·

Comments

• Gupta said:

I am a male.

Yes. Basic criteria is -6 Diopter and 165 cm.(relaxation of 5 cm in special cases). So yes you are eligible for technical services(this is what IPS & alike are called)
    ·
  • CurryBoy said:

Gupta said:

I am a male.

Yes. Basic criteria is -6 Diopter and 165 cm.(relaxation of 5 cm in special cases). So yes you are eligible for technical services(this is what IPS & alike are called)

There is no limit on power. Wear a spec of -10 D or -8D it doesnt matter.

What matters is
    -6/6 vision after correction
    - no colour blindness
    - no structural or other permanent deformity

But if u hv high numbered glass u may be referred to a MEDICAL BOARD on d day of ur medical examination. They will intensively check ur vision n eye. Just chill there no need to worry. Its part of d regular procedure.
    Based on my personal experience.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google