MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

What to mug up and what not to mug up for prelims?

edited April 29 in Miscellaneous
is it necessary to mug up gi tags, endangered species, name of lakes across country, all the mountain passes, national parks,world heritage sites located in india, folk dances, musical instruments, gharana etc ?....seniors plz help, I am new to the preparation and I am very weak at mugging up of things.

Comments

• PYQs and Syllabus
  • edited April 29

PYQs and Syllabus

@CaptainCool sir regarding PYQs....one gi tag question came recently ....so should i read all GI tags

• Please do not call sir :) .... It is humanly impossible to learn all the GI tags .... Read what ever was in news 2016-17... Just google it you will find all those added recently
  • Tiger reserve is sure this time
  • Tiger reserve is sure this time

Which one?
  • shivajii said:

Tiger reserve is sure this time

Which one?
    Options bhi puchh lo sir. :D
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • shivajii said:

Tiger reserve is sure this time

Which one?
    Panna , few in Karnataka, Rajasthan , MP all are in news just Google tiger reserves and tap it for news and u may find ...off course not all to study :)
  • edited April 30

is it necessary to mug up gi tags, endangered species, name of lakes across country, all the mountain passes, national parks,world heritage sites located in india, folk dances, musical instruments, gharana etc ?....seniors plz help, I am new to the preparation and I am very weak at mugging up of things.

Same problem I too faced and was fed up anyone clearing this convincingly, so learnt by heart all tiger reserves/ National parks, yes ALL, all wetlands, biosphere reserves too...

Total GI tags are around 226. So yes not easy but see if can focus state wise, and u will sail thru it, like Kerala has 20 GI tags.. learn all from ur state, then just try linking up if have much time or else do give a read, may come handy in eliminating atleast !!

And I love muggging up, literally can mug up anything and everything, yes I need some connecting points, that's it. Domt worry, start, u will do it !

[ Continue here,
    http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/24352/prelims-2017-single-thread-for-discussion-doubts-and-guidance?new=1 ]
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog