43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

want to opt sociology as optional .please help!!

Am opting for sociology and bought IGNOU ESO notes but they are quite huge to cover , can somebody tell me from where should i start and what all should i read before joining any classes for sociology ,
·

Comments

• You can start with 11th and 12th classes NCERT books..These r quite good. Once you r done with them..then you can read ignou..
    ·
  • Start with NCERT to see if you are not sure if you want to take socio or not.

But if you've already decided the subject then start reading the orange (Themes & perspectives) Haralambos book (Heald). Then fill in the blanks with other materials like Bottomore, Giddens and notes from Mahapatra or Gaur.

If you are going to join classes you'll anyway get a book list. Follow that.
    Sorry about the sapphires.
    ·
  • @nishudelhicity old or new ncert ??
    ·
  • Thank you :)
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google