Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

People shifting to Anthropology optional

Hi everyone

Anthropology seems to be a preferred choice for people who want to change their optional subject.

People doing or wishing to do so kindly give details
-which optional you are leaving for anthro
-reason for abandoning
-reasons for chosing anthro
-anthro with or without coaching

Your replies will be highly helpful for many in making a rational choice and understanding the reality.
Kindly give your feedback

Comments

• edited March 11
    1. Leaving pub ad fr anthro.

2. Gt around 150/500 in 2014 n 15. Failed mains despite good enough marks in other papers. Best marks in rest of the papers- 134+90+90+94+104. So I possibly couldnot be that stupid coz it looks like I have gt it together in other papers.

3. I really enjoy Anthro. I had prepared a bit of it b4 one optional was removed. At that time I chose pub ad coz it was trending then.

4. M doing without Coaching. It seems everyone who depended on coaching notes has failed in mains 2016. Books have insane amount of fodder points that no coaching could possibly cover in 3-4 months. In addition obviously I m looking at coaching notes too in topics where there isn't much material available. All in all I think books+ Xerox coaching notes+ internet+ my telegram group is doing fine fr me. I never enjoyed reading pub ad. It was so bland, boring n painful to look at.
    I have failed upsc mains a couple of times.
  • buddhu said:

1. Leaving pub ad fr anthro.

2. Gt around 150/500 in 2014 n 15. Failed mains despite good enough marks in other papers. Best marks in rest of the papers- 134+90+90+94+104. So I possibly couldnot be that stupid coz it looks like I have gt it together in other papers.

3. I really enjoy Anthro. I had prepared a bit of it b4 one optional was removed. At that time I chose pub ad coz it was trending then.

4. M doing without Coaching. It seems everyone who depended on coaching notes has failed in mains 2016. Books have insane amount of fodder points that no coaching could possibly cover in 3-4 months. In addition obviously I m looking at coaching notes too in topics where there isn't much material available. All in all I think books+ Xerox coaching notes+ internet+ my telegram group is doing fine fr me. I never enjoyed reading pub ad. It was so bland, boring n painful to look at.

Bro

You had great great great marks in essay and GS which is the basic requirement for an administrator.

It is disgusting, ridiculous irony that UPSC marks pattern is such that meritorious people are turned away and random selections are happening. Since last 3-4 years this idiocity is happening.

God save meritocracy in India.

Bro
    I wish u achieve success soon.
  • Thanks bro
  • everyone taking anthro.. 1200 to 3000 next year

surely will be butchered in 2017. now i am thinking of switching to zoology from anthro to save my next attempt.. people are quite irrational it seems.. just run in 1 direction.. god save anthro.. its next pub ad..
  • edited March 11
    How do u know 1200-3000 anthro mains candidates will be there?? How many were there in 2016?? I personally think people are in general shifting to less traditional subjects like agriculture, regional languages etc.

everyone taking anthro.. 1200 to 3000 next year

surely will be butchered in 2017. now i am thinking of switching to zoology from anthro to save my next attempt.. people are quite irrational it seems.. just run in 1 direction.. god save anthro.. its next pub ad..

• everyone taking anthro.. 1200 to 3000 next year

bhai optional koi bhi ho..tayari tarike se karni chahiye n interest k sath...
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog