"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains Guidance Program 2017 : The Mentor guided Test Series for Civil Services.
Join MGP/MGP+ by ForumIAS - the Mains Test Series with meaningful mentor support. With 16 GS Tests + 5 Essay Tests to cover syllabus worth 1250 marks. Read Testimonials & Strategy by Prajit Nair ( Rak 87 ) & Mittali Sethi ( Rank 56, MGP Student ) or ask Sushil ( Rank 96 ) , who upgraded to IAS with under 100 rank after improvement in GS Scores.
MGP+ commences from July 1 with 16 GS Tests + Additional Essay Tests and classes

Penalty marks in CSE Mains exam

Are there Penalty marks in CSE mains exam for writing irrelevant/wrong answers ? Many of us attempt a question in Mains despite NOT knowing anything about that in hope of securing 1-2 marks...just want to know whether or not is it counterproductive ....many gud mains answer writers have failed to clear CSE Mains '16 thats y curious.....plz share ur views
·

Comments

• no i dont think so
    may be examiner get frustrated and cut some marks
    i have also done same thing this year
    chocolate is my life
    ·
  • IFoS mein tou hota hai it seems
    IMG_1716.PNG
    1242 x 2208 - 215K
    IMG_1716.PNG 215.3K
    ·
  • There is penalty marks for writing irrevlevant content in the question...writing beyond margin etc. Last year one of my friend got 25 penalty marks ...
    ·

• Penalty marks in CSM ?? But they are not mentioned in the marksheet I think...

Someone please share more info on this matter.
    ·
  • If this happens , its good. Urge us to be to the point and stay relevant.help in time management by skipping questions we have no clue about.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • So here is the proof that UPSC shows the answer copy.

D.P agarwal sir himself saying this, see video at near 47th min.

Many people for the sake of misguiding others were propagating false news on forumias that UPSC have denined to show the checked answersheets.......utterly false.

So get your copies and analyze it.....dont waste your precious little time on gossiping on forum. Use it wisely and productively
    ·

• I had requested my copies of CSM,2014 but UPSC denied it citing Supreme Court judgement.

I will upload the reply I received from them once I get it as I seem to have misplaced it.

But now I will make fresh bid to see my copies.
    ·
  • So here is the proof that UPSC shows the answer copy.

Many people for the sake of misguiding others were propagating false news on forumias that UPSC have denined to show the checked answersheets.......utterly false.

So get your copies and analyze it.....dont waste your precious little time on gossiping on forum. Use it wisely and productively

I'm surprised by the Chairman's assertion! We should make this an announcement thread and actively explore what he means when he says copies are shown. What is the procedure? Will an RTI do? I wouldn't care about it, but he sounds so emphatic on this. Let's explore this.
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
    ·
  • Even When I seen My CAPF 2016 marks it was given that.
    You can get copy of OMR simply by writting UPSC. With self addressed envalope
    ·

• I had requested my copies of CSM,2014 but UPSC denied it citing Supreme Court judgement.

I will upload the reply I received from them once I get it as I seem to have misplaced it.

2017 try it
    ·
  • There is penalty in CAPF exam. One of my friend got in 2016 of 5 marks.

May be in CSM. But not sure.
    Race against time.
    ·
  • edited February 28
    Csm main 24-25 marks ki penalty lagi thi 2015 mains main ek candidate ki. Roman Saini shared it on unacademy and facebook
    ·
  • banbhatt said:

Csm main 24-25 marks ki penalty lagi thi 2015 mains main ek candidate ki. Roman Saini shared it on unacademy and facebook

Can you plz share the link of Roman Saini's info ??????
    ·
  • handshake said:

So here is the proof that UPSC shows the answer copy.

I'm surprised by the Chairman's assertion! We should make this an announcement thread and actively explore what he means when he says copies are shown. What is the procedure? Will an RTI do? I wouldn't care about it, but he sounds so emphatic on this. Let's explore this.
    @HelloWorld786 @handshake really can we get ans sheets?
    did u talk to anyone? or thinking to get urs? mine was 1st mains..
    and i want to analyse mine efforts... if u have any info plz share..
    many ppl are wandering fr ans sheets if they can get..
    but few are saying no upsc dont give..
    ·
  • should it be filed once final result is out or right now

I had requested my copies of CSM,2014 but UPSC denied it citing Supreme Court judgement.

Will you make fresh bid after final results or before that? reply me bcz I am also planning the same but think that it should be only after final result is out.
    ·
  • D_cluer said:

should it be filed once final result is out or right now

I had requested my copies of CSM,2014 but UPSC denied it citing Supreme Court judgement.

Will you make fresh bid after final results or before that? reply me bcz I am also planning the same but think that it should be only after final result is out.

I had then applied after the final result.
    ·
  • D_cluer said:

should it be filed once final result is out or right now

I had then applied after the final result.
    In first RTI application they summarily rejected it citing lack of information like roll number and all. This was an alibi and I retorted back with a harsh reply saying I had attached my interview call letter (supporting document) as well as clearly mentioning all my details in the application also.
    They promptly replied with mote sincerity to the second request.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google