ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Looking for Android Phone for 8k - 15k : Advice Needed

I have not been on any WhatsApp or telegram. and don't browse net as I left my smartphone and moved to simple phone..

now I think I am losing on some life.

I want some advice for phone.
Requirements

1. Shouldn't be very big.. should fit easily in pocket
2. 2 SIMs
3. Good camera.. as in if I click photo of some pages, it should be clear.. also for mains test series -online , I need one for getting good images of copy
4. sound as loud as possible.. my current phone has low volume and its difficult to hear sometimes
5. 3g/4g - which I think everyone has
6. good battery life .. as much as possible

though my budget is on low end like 7-8k, but I can go upto 15k if phone is really nice.. someone suggest..

phone should be durable.. and touch and all shouldn't be buggy..
Writing CSE Mains 2016

Comments

• 7-8k best in class redmi3s...i have been using xiaomi for 2-3 years, even family and frnds...i would recommend it for everyone... I can vouch for it as best value for money. Rest you decide :)
  • You should go for Redmi 3s Prime (3GB RAM/ 32 GB storage space). Its cost is Rs. 8,999 and perfectly meets your equirements.
    1.Screen size is 5 inch. So not that big.
    2. Has two SIM slots. (Hybrid, But 32 GB internal storage makes up for it.
    3. Camera : Front and back camera are 13 and 5 megapixel respectively. Good enough in quality. Gives clear quality images.
    4. Again speakers are of decent quality, they are loud enough but leave a lot to be desired.
    5. Support 4G.
    6. Battery life best in 9k range. It boasts of 4100 mAh battery. Usually lasts around 2 days until and unless you play games for very long durations.
    7. It also has some cool feature like Dual Space and Dual Apps, Scroll Screenshot, fingerprint sensor etc.
    For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: Hunt or be hunted.
  • Red mi 3s prime.. Wait for Friday sale.. 12:00 pm exact.. maximum 3-5 minutes sale ;) ..otherwise wait for another week !!
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
  • point 2 - 6 addressed by asus zenfone max 2016 .. but its big
  • edited February 19
    I have asus zenfone laser2. Cost 11k local market.

Quite a good phone. Handles average games easily. 3gb ram. 128gb expandable(i use 64gb)

I use it to read articles and listen music mostly. Battery lasts 2-3days on average use.
    Its proper dual sim with dedicated slot for memory card too.
    I am clumsy and dropped it many times but nothing happened only the battery pops out.

With 1/2hr gaming or video the back heats up but is not uncomfortable.
    Camera is good in daylight below average in lowlight.
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
  • Xiomi redmi note 4 64gb version @12999/-
  • Motorola G - 4th gen. Simple reliable , gets updates on time. Esp. when you are averse to chinese phones. you can read reviews on amazon.
  • Motorola G - 4th gen. Simple reliable , gets updates on time. Esp. when you are averse to chinese phones. you can read reviews on amazon.

+1000

Very very good phone.

I would suggest you not to buy a phone but a e reader , you won't miss out on life.Smartphones are addictive and hampr prep time , also they create a cognitive load , diminishing self control .
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • I got a Redmi Note 4 last week.
    Good phone, sells at 11k.
    3GB RAM (~1.6 GB is available for discretionary apps),
    32GB internal memory (~22 GB available),
    5.5 inch screen,
    4000mAh battery. Lasts 1.5 days with moderate to heavy use (4G streaming, youtube, a couple of games, video calling around an hour a day).
    Fingerprint sensor (works lightning fast)
    The only drawback I found is that the SIM tray seems fragile (Though it might not actually be).

All in all, a very good phone at this price. Plus MiProtect for 600 bucks gives you insurance against fluid damage etc for a year.
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • Redmi 3s prime
    God is the poorest man on earth!!!
  • Redmi or lenovo..
  • Reviews for Lenovo K6 power?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog