Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Strategy For Interview Uptil result

As Result seems to Be Delayed What is Your Strategy for the Mean time
1) DAF + Current Affairs
2) Mock Interviews
3) Group Preparation
4) Reading Non-Fiction Books
5) Bakar
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
·

Comments

• 4 + 6(Movies)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • MD47 said:

4 + 6(Movies)

Oh yeh toh 1 pe hona chahiye tha :expressionless:
    Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
    ·
  • MD47 said:

4 + 6(Movies)

Oh yeh toh 1 pe hona chahiye tha :expressionless:
    >:)
    ·
  • edited February 11
    @bhookasher @MD47

Bhaion read some text on State.
    That is why state was created and how bureaucracy serves it.
    I'd suggest reading Political Order and Political Decay by Fukuyama.

For instance let me ask you what will you answer for this question if asked Why Civil Services?

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
    ·
  • Political Order and Political Decay by Fukuyama.-> What is the Central Theme Running through the Book (Which is apparent from Title ,Though would like to know more) ..about to finish Not Just an Accountant...need one more Non-Fiction Book to read..
    ·
  • Political Order and Political Decay by Fukuyama.-> What is the Central Theme Running through the Book (Which is apparent from Title ,Though would like to know more) ..about to finish Not Just an Accountant...need one more Non-Fiction Book to read..

I'll tell you the theme. But first let me know your answer of this - Why Civil Services?

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
    ·
  • Shkk said:

Political Order and Political Decay by Fukuyama.-> What is the Central Theme Running through the Book (Which is apparent from Title ,Though would like to know more) ..about to finish Not Just an Accountant...need one more Non-Fiction Book to read..

I'll tell you the theme. But first let me know your answer of this - Why Civil Services?
    That is Personal Ans Will not tell you ..Only in Mock Or Interview Board B)
    ·
  • Hahaha.. ok.. accepted..

Well, the book traces the evolution of States over time in different places under different circumstances.

And it helps one frame the answer of why civil services.
    That those states with efficient bureaucracies have the most efficient institutions, which help strengthen the relationship between the government and the people.
    That is, the civil services, if led by right people can actually help strengthen the state, which is the prime agent meant to serve the people.
    And that you (and I) will be that right person to be a bureaucrat, strengthening the state, so that people could be served better.

The idea here is that the book will help you frame structures in your answers. Become abstract and give mature, well articulated answers.

@bhookasher

·
  • Shkk said:

@bhookasher @MD47

For instance let me ask you what will you answer for this question if asked Why Civil Services?

1) It's good to see you back after a long hiatus

2)Bhai is this book available in pdf or other eformat....will read it fr sure

3) That question you asked....I have not formed a structured ans apt for interview...will try to frame one

And again....good to c u
    :)
    ·
  • edited February 11
    MD47 said:

Shkk said:

@bhookasher @MD47

3) That question you asked....I have not formed a structured ans apt for interview...will try to frame one

And again....good to c u
    Same here @MD47 bhai :)
    And ebook searching faculty of mine is very weak.
    Asked for external help today.

·
  • Shkk said:

Hahaha.. ok.. accepted..

Well, the book traces the evolution of States over time in different places under different circumstances.

That those states with efficient bureaucracies have the most efficient institutions, which help strengthen the relationship between the government and the people.
    That is, the civil services, if led by right people can actually help strengthen the state, which is the prime agent meant to serve the people.
    And that you (and I) will be that right person to be a bureaucrat, strengthening the state, so that people could be served better.

The idea here is that the book will help you frame structures in your answers. Become abstract and give mature, well articulated answers.

@bhookasher

Sounds Very Interesting and Helpful for My optional (Pub-ad) and Interview as well..Would Love to read it Bro..ePDF file hai kya.??
    ·
  • Shkk said:

Hahaha.. ok.. accepted..

@bhookasher

Sounds Very Interesting and Helpful for My optional (Pub-ad) and Interview as well..Would Love to read it Bro..ePDF file hai kya.??
    I'm searching....will let u know
    ·
  • Shkk said:

MD47 said:

Shkk said:

@bhookasher @MD47

And again....good to c u
    Same here @MD47 bhai :)
    And ebook searching faculty of mine is very weak.
    Asked for external help today.
    No issues bhai... thankful to you for mentioning it
    ·
  • Shkk said:

Hahaha.. ok.. accepted..

@bhookasher

No knowledge of electronic version of the book.
    But someone today gave this website libgen.io to search for ebooks.
    Give it a try there.

·
  • Shkk said:

Shkk said:

Hahaha.. ok.. accepted..

@bhookasher

No knowledge of electronic version of the book.
    But someone today gave this website libgen.io to search for ebooks.
    Give it a try there.
    Ohk Bro thanx again..
    ·
  • MD47 said:

Shkk said:

Hahaha.. ok.. accepted..

@bhookasher

Thanks Bhai..
    ·
  • @Shkk
    How was socio this time and any special preps for interview from your side?
    ·
  • MD47 said:

Shkk said:

Hahaha.. ok.. accepted..

@bhookasher

Thanks Bhai..
    Welcm bhai
    ·
  • MD47 said:

@Shkk

Totally changed Socio's content this year.
    Took a risk of Radically transforming the notes and the content.
    God knows how will it turn out.

And regarding interview, nothing.
    But do regularly read articles on ProjectSyndicate.org
    It will help you get diverse ideas on issues which are generally lost in nationalistic fervour.

·
  • Shkk said:

MD47 said:

@Shkk

It will help you get diverse ideas on issues which are generally lost in nationalistic fervour.
    How about you?
    How were the Mains? Especially Socio.

·
  • Shkk said:

Shkk said:

MD47 said:

@Shkk

How about you?
    How were the Mains? Especially Socio.
    Mains was ok ok....socio ..paper2 went well but paper1 not upto the mark....let's c
    Thanks bhai for sharing the Syndicate source

Regarding interview....Same here
    Waiting for results
    ·
  • edited February 11
    @bhookasher ....it's there on the site that @Shkk said....libgen.io
    o:)
    ·
  • MD47 said:

@bhookasher ....it's there on the site that @Shkk said....libgen.io
    o:)

Ohk Bhai Thanks :)..
    ·
  • Whenever you guys read a good article, kindly post a link here as well.

@MD47 @bhookasher

·
  • Shkk said:

Whenever you guys read a good article, kindly post a link here as well.

@MD47 @bhookasher

Ok brother
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog