Secure 35+ Questions in Prelims 2017

Dr. Ravi Agrahari's General Science & Tech, Environment & Ecology Module to cover atleast 35+ Questions in Prelims 2017. Start Date : 22nd March. Call : 9555923039 Click to watch Orientation Lecture.

[Interview Preparation] - Doctors' Asylum.

Hello doctors.

Requesting all of you, with or without Medical Science optional, to contribute towards interview preparations. All of us are utterly busy - be it with our jobs/pg or preparing for pg exams but let's work on this phase of the CSE as well.

Tagging few of the people that I know with MS optional: @steelalmirah @Krk @Bandit @Eiago @Aniket and others, please chip in.
Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh. Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh
·

Comments

• Start it man
    Med sc.. 3rd attempt
    ·
  • Okay I was asked last year about the qualities of a good doctor. Give a crisp answer
    ·
  • Origin of word doctor
    Rail babu...CSE 2014
    ·
  • I was asked whether there should be compulsory rural service for doctors?? What do u think and why???
    ·
  • Russell said:

I was asked whether there should be compulsory rural service for doctors?? What do u think and why???

Being a doctor I feel that if the rural service made compulsory then it must be with some greater emoluments, not only in monetarial terms only, wrt their urban counterparts. Although rural service exposes a doctor to greater challenges and more new cases at first point, therefore if it would be provided with apt infrastructure then I think no doctor would deny it. Instead of compulsion they will voluntarily ask for it.
    Med sc.. 3rd attempt
    ·
  • Okay I was asked last year about the qualities of a good doctor. Give a crisp answer

Compassion, empathetic, honest, who doesn't run away from any challenge that comes before him.......
    Med sc.. 3rd attempt
    ·
  • Aniket said:

Russell said:

I was asked whether there should be compulsory rural service for doctors?? What do u think and why???

Being a doctor I feel that if the rural service made compulsory then it must be with some greater emoluments, not only in monetarial terms only, wrt their urban counterparts. Although rural service exposes a doctor to greater challenges and more new cases at first point, therefore if it would be provided with apt infrastructure then I think no doctor would deny it. Instead of compulsion they will voluntarily ask for it.
    Exactly ....I too replied on similar lines
    ·

s/he should not only detect the symptoms of the disease but also console patients that he will get well after taking the prescribed medicine. Explaining him the disease and possible treatment(s). The belief of patient in doctor becomes stronger and thus patient is motivated to take medicine on time.
    Last read : Abundance by Peter Diamandis
    Currently reading : Why Nations Fail; Thinking, fast and slow
    On the shelf : Sapiens; The Book Thief
    ·
  • Aniket said:

Okay I was asked last year about the qualities of a good doctor. Give a crisp answer

Compassion, empathetic, honest, who doesn't run away from any challenge that comes before him.......

Okay I was asked last year about the qualities of a good doctor. Give a crisp answer

s/he should not only detect the symptoms of the disease but also console patients that he will get well after taking the prescribed medicine. Explaining him the disease and possible treatment(s). The belief of patient in doctor becomes stronger and thus patient is motivated to take medicine on time.
    This is exactly my dilemma. I dont know which one to have as my answer. Both ring in my mind. While second answer is what we ought to be, first answer is expected from us. And those poker faces at the interview hall would never let us know whether we hve got it right with either of the answers. :|

·
  • i was asked to explain the technology behind CT and MRI scan..
    ·

1. Should be able to calmly listen to the patient.
    2. Optimist.
    3. One who has the knack of motivating.
    4. Should be Empathetic towards his/her patients. Should not unnecessarily prescribe costly drugs and tests, especially for those who are from a poor or middle class background.
    5. Should be able to keep aside his/her personal biases while treating the patient.
    6. Should be open minded, Should have a mindset to explore alternate and indigenous medicine systems.
    7. Should be able to explain the cause, treatment and expected outcomes to a patient irrespective of their medical literacy level.
    8. Should go to any extent(legal and in rare cases ethically illegal) to save a life.
    9. Should take the consent of the patient or make the patient well informed when the treatment includes experimental drugs or aggressive approach. Especially for cases like radiotherapy or steroidal drugs etc.
    10. Should inform the patient about expected side effects of a particular treatment course.
    11. Should be involved in research activities or should stay updated with developments in their field of practice.
    12. Clinical diagnosis should not be made just on theory or statistics, but it should also include the experiences of the doctor and the experiences of patient which may be beyond the scope of modern medicine.
    13. Doctor should be sensitive about the errors that can be possible during non-clinical diagnosis. Should always double check when in doubt.
    14. Should never shy away from seeking a second opinion.

PS, not from MS background and therefore i am may be wrong in opinion, kindly feel free to correct me. :)
    Good Bye. See you Later.
    ·
  • I was asked these 1:---- in continuation to my desire to work for social sector, i was asked "why civils while being doctor, u can already impact the lives?".

2. Security related issues for female doctors. ( i gave real time examples , also included issues female residents face both from the administration as well as from patient parties.)

·
  • @all i gave interview twice, but sometime back,

i was asked about
    1.rural service being made compulsory for docs
    2. dosage for snake bite.
    3. hemophilia-meaning and if it is recessive x linked...i fumbled there coudlnt recall if it was autosomal recessive...still cant....im just typing, too lazy to google it. :s
    4. i worked for ongc so they asked common disorders i find there on oil platforms
    5. roles as a doctor, how capitalistic tendencies have affected traditional role. corrupt practices.
    6. rest i cant recall..

but first three Qs were in my interview by alka sirohi mam while last two under shashi tripathi mam.

We need to be good on clinical side as well...is there anyway to find a book where common medical facts are given?
    goodbye forumIAS
    ·
  • I was asked these 1:---- in continuation to my desire to work for social sector, i was asked "why civils while being doctor, u can already impact the lives?".

2. Security related issues for female doctors. ( i gave real time examples , also included issues female residents face both from the administration as well as from patient parties.)

Still in search for a good answer of the 1st. What you said?
    Med sc.. 3rd attempt
    ·
  • Aniket said:

I was asked these 1:---- in continuation to my desire to work for social sector, i was asked "why civils while being doctor, u can already impact the lives?".

i was asked same too
    impacting lives at micro level and macro level are two different things....you could say, preventive aspects needs to be adressed in india since there is huge disparity in access to health services...eg malnutrition, as a doc one could treat a patient as they come, being admin one could ensure better pds accesibility...true even preventive medicine could help address this problem but then its not a very developed branch in india.

this is what i replied, i thought they were satisfied as i dint get another Qs on this
    goodbye forumIAS
    ·
  • Aniket said:

I was asked these 1:---- in continuation to my desire to work for social sector, i was asked "why civils while being doctor, u can already impact the lives?".

----this was my first question. i was nervous and fumbled initially... replied a litle on what a doctor can do and what an administrator can do overall and... and also said that i being in the serivice will not change my identity as a doctor and that i can always help as a doctor. [ did not reply the way @Eiago did. His answer sounds very polished. ]

·
  • @anandmamc meet these brothers from another mother
    And say hi to all of them
    ·
  • Hello friends
    ·
  • anandmamc said:

Hello friends

Hello.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google