Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

How was commerce optional paper 2016

Hi friends,
what were your experience with this year's paper?
1- paper level(1 and 2)
2- out of 105 marks of practical in paper 1(at most one could have attempted), how many questions were correctly attempted?
Thanks
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
·

Comments

• I believe paper II short notes were quite difficult and were not coverable from regular source. overall could not attempt 4 short notes of 10 marks each.
    Paper I though lengthy as always was still doable. i attempted 105 marks practical(if question 2 part c is counted as practical, otherwise 90 marks pure practical). attempted entire paper I.

Let's see. I would like to know from others about there attempts especially short notes of paper II
    ·
  • For me paper 1 was difficult. wasted much of time in share entry question. Was nt able to complete the paper. left of 50 marks. Expecting below par score in paper -1
    Paper 2 went gud . left 3d model and burack smith. Attempted all with diagrams ,examples and thinkers name. expecting above par marks. I hope it goes way above 220
    ·
  • In that case Paper II has gone really well for you. It seems there are very few commerce candidates this year, i had one guy other than myself at my centre. there is an extremely low forum activity for this optional this year.
    The other guy also left 30 marks in paper I and 30-40 type in Paper II. lets see commerce performance this year.
    Those who have friends with this optional may help gauge difficulty of this year paper.
    ·
  • in paper 2 I could write too general answers(like in gs). short notes were too difficult. Dont know whether would be able to get 110 marks in paper 2
    ·
  • what was the answer to the ritualism and ethnocentricism question? And did anyone attempt Freudian stages and burrack Smith model question
    ·
  • @decaprio @lovetokyo88 @Ankesh
    Hii guys..lets use this fruitfully to discuss topics related to commerce optionals which are relevent for interview.
    ·
  • For Ritualism I wrote how Indian managers are stuck to precedents and routines and previous file notings instead of assessing on merit and how this is related to heavily ritualistic religious space.

For Ethnocentrism I wrote about according all the importance to one's own culture and non acceptance of other's culture and how it can create problems in new markets and M&A. etc
    ·
  • Guys Freudian stages I wrote about Id, Ego and Super Ego, but I believe that's wrong. googling the topic gives different answers about human development from child stage upwards. what was other's experience.

scoring 250 total and 100 in paper II seems an uphill task this year. Paper I is only hope but haven't seen people getting in 150s like other technical optionals.
    ·
  • Ankesh said:

Guys Freudian stages I wrote about Id, Ego and Super Ego, but I believe that's wrong. googling the topic gives different answers about human development from child stage upwards. what was other's experience.

scoring 250 total and 100 in paper II seems an uphill task this year. Paper I is only hope but haven't seen people getting in 150s like other technical optionals.

Freudian stages are oral ,anal ,phallic and genital .the paper was tough but I think up scaling would be done

·
  • guys how did many of you find the paper? and what was your attempt?
    ·
  • ggarg said:

Ankesh said:

Guys Freudian stages I wrote about Id, Ego and Super Ego, but I believe that's wrong. googling the topic gives different answers about human development from child stage upwards. what was other's experience.

Freudian stages are oral ,anal ,phallic and genital .the paper was tough but I think up scaling would be done

Kya gandh paper hai tum log kaa by god :D
    बने पुजारी प्रेमी साकी, गंगाजल पावन हाला,
    रहे फेरता अविरत गति से मधु के प्यालों की माला'
    'और लिये जा, और पीये जा', इसी मंत्र का जाप करे'
    मैं शिव की प्रतिमा बन बैठूं, मंदिर हो यह मधुशाला ।
    ·
  • Had anyone seen these topics anywhere(in books or notes) before this mains--ritualism, ethnocentricism ,Freudian stages and burrack Smith model question
    ·
  • Hie all
    I have done good in paper I but paper II i found difficult
    as i have relied on rankers material only for covering part II I found it was not sufficient
    for commerce backgrnd(me ca) any one could easily solve paper I ,though lenghty but simple
    all the best all
    and please share some important topics that are specific to our subject for interview purpose
    other than from demonetization :)
    chocolate is my life
    ·
  • @decaprio have u given interview before ???
    any one who has experience of interview plz share
    thanks
    chocolate is my life
    ·
  • decaprio said:

Had anyone seen these topics anywhere(in books or notes) before this mains--ritualism, ethnocentricism ,Freudian stages and burrack Smith model question

Freudian stages is given in TN chabbra
    ·
  • ggarg said:

decaprio said:

Had anyone seen these topics anywhere(in books or notes) before this mains--ritualism, ethnocentricism ,Freudian stages and burrack Smith model question

yes given
    chocolate is my life
    ·
  • choco_dip said:

@decaprio have u given interview before ???
    any one who has experience of interview plz share
    thanks </blockquo
    not me... i think Shefali appeared last year.

·
  • and other
    choco_dip said:

ggarg said:

decaprio said:

yes given
    other topics?
    ·
  • Hii guys.
    My interview last year was general..no questions were asked from technical areas of commerce.
    But this year if we get the board of pc joshi or bs bassi..then we can expect some technical questions from commerce.
    Pc joshi has done pg and phd from commerce and bassi is a graduate from srcc.
    So we have to prepare commerce very well if we don't want to take risk.
    ·
  • And we should let go thinking about mains now..even I am not sure about this year's mains..but there is hardly anything we can do about it before results.
    So lets focus on interview.
    ·
  • edited January 18
    @shefali04 ji this was my1st mains i am not sure as my gs n essay was also not good
    I have totally relied on rankers source for paper II and was not able to solve paper
    can u please suggest material for paper II
    and wat we can prepare for interview for commerce
    list of topics
    I have heard that since last 3 -4 years in panel generally no one from commerce is thier so nothing much asked related to subject
    chocolate is my life
    ·
  • Hi all, just started preparing for UPSC with commerce as optional subject. Not opting for cosching. Pl suggest how to start & which books could be useful ?
    ·
  • shefali04 said:

And we should let go thinking about mains now..even I am not sure about this year's mains..but there is hardly anything we can do about it before results.

Thanks for the heads-up. We're you confident last year for the interview call?
    But why?
    ·
  • hunkaar said:

shefali04 said:

And we should let go thinking about mains now..even I am not sure about this year's mains..but there is hardly anything we can do about it before results.

Thanks for the heads-up. We're you confident last year for the interview call?
    UPSC is so unpredictable that we cannot be confident about anything.
    ·
  • choco_dip said:

@shefali04 ji this was my1st mains i am not sure as my gs n essay was also not good
    I have totally relied on rankers source for paper II and was not able to solve paper
    can u please suggest material for paper II
    and wat we can prepare for interview for commerce
    list of topics
    I have heard that since last 3 -4 years in panel generally no one from commerce is thier so nothing much asked related to subject

Even I studied from rankers material only for paper 2
    All the general stuffs which you think can be asked..keep it less technical

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog