NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

whats ur best performance in 2016 mains test series

Getting through mains stage is all about our relative standing.
Since some of us are not aware of how these test series and their
marking works, lets share our best scores.

to start with my best till now is 72 in Gs 2 vision which is just about
3.5 marks per question.
has someone scored close to 100 or higher in any test vision or other
institites?
·

Comments

• Thats an awesome score! about 5.5 in every ques- assuming
    u attempted all.
    could you share what factors worked like more content/ dimensions ?

most of the ppl in my circle have got in 60s ... :(
    this score is a complete outlier.....! quite unbelievable for ppl like me.
    ·
  • edited November 2016
    91 in gs2 vision.. @killer_queen killer marks btw system showing 109 is d highest in gs 2 for 8 test series one..which was ur module? which institute?
    ·
  • koi example hai jo bina test series join kiye acha rank laya ho? :|
    it will matter in the end...definitely..
    ·
  • In 2015 list- shayad hi koi ho bhai...
    most of the top rankers have taken coaching, joined test
    series...
    in fact I believe the role and importance of
    coaching has become more crucial after the
    " back breaking move " by UPSC in 2013!
    ·
  • Nikhil Pathak had the highest GS score of 426. He did not join any coaching or mock test series
    ·
  • talking about which year brother ... not 2015 ! ?
    ·
  • there are exceptions..but exception doesnt make rule..its better to join test series and have some writing practice before the D Day..though its my view
    ·
  • At Vajiram:
    GS1-103; 2- 96, 3- 93, 4-108

Vision: 1- 112, 2- 85, 3-92, 4- 113, Essay: 118

BTW there's a member named jack_dawson on Forum. He scored rather poorly at Vision last year (~60-70 per test) but in Mains he had a GS total of 392 and 132 in essay. Geography and PK Joshi took him out in the end :(

Vision's checking army sticks to the model answer and hence is not much reliable.
    ·
  • even I felt that they are looking for a specific structure even if one
    has otherwise covered all the 'relevant' points

btw there are no model answers in UPSC evaluation ryt?
    ·
  • only 4 checked.
    GS1: 82, gs2: 79; gs3: 87; gs4 93 essay 124
    ps: left 1 question atleast in all the papers.
    Qawalli Lover. Die hard fan of NFAK..
    "Aag ka dariya h, doob ke jana hai."
    ·
  • edited November 2016
    kashmir said:

koi example hai jo bina test series join kiye acha rank laya ho? :|

Friends we access the toppers mostly through test series online videos. They become unintentional promoters.
    Eg: air4 last year. regarding vision series. but her marks in GS were kind of avg. and in optional were 280+, essay 139
    But I have never heard that Ira singhal ever gave it..If yes please give the link to her answers. Her marks were way ahead everyone else especially in GS.
    ·
  • :)
    it will matter in the end...definitely..
    ·
  • edited November 2016
    Humanties people don't need much orientation into CSM answer writing due to obvious reasons.
    For engineers it becomes indispensible and thus mock tests. All we do for 4 years is solve complicated numericals or write programs. Even our theoretical questions are factual & objective.
    While in humanities, everythng is sort of right!!
    CSE is biased against engineering and science people. That AIR 107 was 'pakka' humanities guy.

No. But I heard tht before commencement of checking, the paper setter convenes a meeting of all examiners of that paper and discusses salient points to be looked for in an answer.

But if I'm a 50+ yr old examiner, I will forget those points in a single day and check as per my own whims n prejudices with an eye on my final cheque :D :D

·
  • pks11630 said:

Humanties people don't need much orientation into CSM answer writing due to obvious reasons.
    For engineers it becomes indispensible and thus mock tests. All we do for 4 years is solve complicated numericals or write programs. Even our theoretical questions are factual & objective.
    CSE is biased against engineering and science people. That AIR 107 was 'pakka' humanities guy.

No. But I heard tht before commencement of checking, the paper setter convenes a meeting of all examiners of that paper and discusses salient points to be looked for in an answer.

But if I'm a 50+ yr old examiner, I will forget those points in a single day and check as per my own whims n prejudices with an eye on my final cheque :D :D

this is the fact.
    every examiner check as per his own conception sometimes after getting insight from good copies :D
    ·
  • sajal89 said:

91 in gs2 vision.. @killer_queen killer marks btw system showing 109 is d highest in gs 2 for 8 test series one..which was ur module? which institute?

@sajal89 it was a part mock on topics from GS 2
    VisionIAS test series
    Test code 766

·
  • Thats an awesome score! about 5.5 in every ques- assuming
    u attempted all.
    could you share what factors worked like more content/ dimensions ?

most of the ppl in my circle have got in 60s ... :(
    this score is a complete outlier.....! quite unbelievable for ppl like me.

@pathfinder1891 yes I attempted all

The only reason why I got 111 is that the paper checker was generous to the core.I have written in exact same style in other papers,scored in 80s in most of them.managed above 90 in 3 tests.
    ·
  • @bedapar
    phir toh aur jyada relative ho gya....
    some people write ans like encyclopedias
    common man's answer will always lack some
    points... ya bht general answer hoga.... :(

that way toh One should not bank upon a higher
    score in GS!

@ killer _ queen you would have written and
    presented well ... to earn that generousity
    but still same might not always work for other
    examiners

what to do..... I suddenly feel the same anxiety
    which used to creep in Cbse board exam mein
    pata nahi kaun check karega... aur kaise number
    dega :-P
    ·
  • pks11630 said:

Bhai kafi darawna angle lag rha h ye.. :D All Is Well bolo, night before the exam me aisi baatein nai karni chaiye. :p
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google