MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening) & 29th June (Morning) ; Registration open
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website :- www.mitrasias.com

Selecting maths for optional.

What are the pros and cons of selecting maths as my optional? I am a first timer.
·

Comments

• Cons :

1. huge scaling
    2. Humomgously large syllabus
    3. Fixed space in mains answer sheets
    4. No overlap with GS
    5. Requires a large amount of time to cover the syllabus and solving a large number of problems is a must.

Pros :smile:

1. You can literally sit down for hours solving problems without getting tired. The pleasure of having solved a difficult problem or understanding a new concept intuitively is unparalleled.

2. A welcome distraction from all the GS memorisation.
    3. Keeps your brain sharp
    4. The best subject for anyone, who is having trouble with 'focus'.
    5. There are no surprises in the exam hall.

That's my take on it.
    Sometimes a little bit of darkness is what we need to shine. You are a diamond in this coal mine. you can dazzle the world, trust me! All you need is a little patience. This too shall pass.
    ·
  • Cons :

1. huge scaling
    2. Humomgously large syllabus
    3. Fixed space in mains answer sheets
    4. No overlap with GS
    5. Requires a large amount of time to cover the syllabus and solving a large number of problems is a must.

according to u, how long does it take to complete maths if one devotes 4-5 hours per day? by complete i mean having clear concepts and solving examples from the standard books. @RagnarDanneskjöld
    ·
  • I haven't chosen maths yet for my optional. Tried it for a few weeks, but then decided against it given the paucity of time then and the vastness of the syllabus. Would appear with it next year, if I don't clear it this year and if I decide to go for one more attempt.
    Sometimes a little bit of darkness is what we need to shine. You are a diamond in this coal mine. you can dazzle the world, trust me! All you need is a little patience. This too shall pass.
    ·
  • It takes around 7-8 months if you devote 4-5 hours daily.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google