MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

psychology optional for 2017.

guys planning to give CSM 2017 with psychology. how much syllabus have you completed? i am confused about mukul pathak sir notes. are they a must for psycho preparation? how do you plan to cover the syllabus for psycho. i have just started with baron.
please share your tips and strategies. thanks!

Comments

• preparing for 2017 started reading boran
  • did you have psychology as your graduation subject?
  • Hi. I've taken Psychology as optional subj for CSM 2017. Any whatsapp groups or study groups that I can join?
  • omnicrave said:

guys planning to give CSM 2017 with psychology. how much syllabus have you completed? i am confused about mukul pathak sir notes. are they a must for psycho preparation? how do you plan to cover the syllabus for psycho. i have just started with baron.
    please share your tips and strategies. thanks!

Nandita said:

preparing for 2017 started reading boran

omnicrave said:

did you have psychology as your graduation subject?

Hi. I've taken Psychology as optional subj for CSM 2017. Any whatsapp groups or study groups that I can join?

All join here.

https://telegram.me/upsc_psychology
    Just wait and watch...
  • Can someone please provide topic wise previous year ques. papers?
  • anybody intrested in beautifulmind class notes can message me
  • I have Psychology optional as well...have been preparing with primary focus on Mukul Pathak sir's notes, with some additional topics from Baron.

For concept clarity, I have found the Psychology section of ChromeIAS.com to be quite useful. One can always check out that site.
    "The problem often not discovered until late in life is, that when you look for things like love, meaning, motivation, it implies that these are sitting behind a tree or under a rock.
    The most successful people recognize that, in life they create their own love, manufacture their own meaning, and generate their own motivation.."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • beautiful minds notes are enough?
  • not enough. MP's notes are better
    Do not go gentle into that good night
  • Good thread! I was myself contemplating to start one. Looking for a study partner for Psychology for the 2017 attempt.

I have already completed the preparation, and I have attempted mains 2015 , and scored 210 - 87p1+123p2. I have been out of touch for preparation for a year after that.

Looking for a restart. So, if any one of you is interested for discussion once or twice a week on a pre-decided chapter; please send me a PM.

I can even teach you chapters you are uncomfortable with. I think it will enrich my preparation too. I am put up in Old Rajendra Nagar.

We have 40 weeks left, Even if we do a chapter a week, we can complete one full study, revision and answer writing practice too.
  • Guys I m also with psychology optional...@indian babu.. decent marks ..would u plz tell us what was missing from your side for paper 1 for a bit low score...it would help us to improve and would be greatly helpful.. thanks in advance
  • koi batayega Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligence..(non Psychology optional)
    Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
  • koi batayega Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligence..(non Psychology optional)

Traditionally, scholars focussed on only one type of intelligence, ie, analytical intelligence which was usually measured by IQ tests. In layman terms, they focussed only on padhai-likhai wala intelligence.This was a narrow perspective.

Gardner gave a broader perspective, He proposed that there are multiple types of intelligence instead of a single type. It implies that, for instance, an illiterate dancer is intelligent in her own way. She has high bodily-kinesthetic intelligence.

Similarly, a singer has high musical intelligence but may/may not have high logical-mathematical intelligence. Here, may/may not signify that multiple types of intelligence are independent of each other.

Gardner proposed types such as logical-mathematical, linguitistic-verbal, musical, bodily-kinesthetic, inter-personal, intera-personal, natural intelligence and so forth..(refer wiki for details)

Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.
    well, in the end, it is all about Success.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIp5Tfkgwf4
    Avoid forum if u wanna clear cse.

Traditionally, scholars focussed on only one type of intelligence, ie, analytical intelligence which was usually measured by IQ tests. In layman terms, they focussed only on padhai-likhai wala intelligence.This was a narrow perspective.

Gardner gave a broader perspective, He proposed that there are multiple types of intelligence instead of a single type. It implies that, for instance, an illiterate dancer is intelligent in her own way. She has high bodily-kinesthetic intelligence.

Similarly, a singer has high musical intelligence but may/may not have high logical-mathematical intelligence. Here, may/may not signify that multiple types of intelligence are independent of each other.

Gardner proposed types such as logical-mathematical, linguitistic-verbal, musical, bodily-kinesthetic, inter-personal, intera-personal, natural intelligence and so forth..(refer wiki for details)

Thanks Bro ! Can u also please mention some Criticism of this theory?

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.

1, there was strong correlation between different kinds of intelligence which was against basic conception of gardener. He thought these types of intelligence to be independent.
    2, he missed some universal intelligence such as culinary intelligence.
    3, his classification of intelligence was artificial. For ex- he classified the intelligence of a mechanic and a dancer as body kinesthetic intelligence. But both tasks obviously require different kinds of intelligence.
  • Does anyone know how many people hav written mains wid Psychology dis year?
  • shibbu said:

koi batayega Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligence..(non Psychology optional)

1, there was strong correlation between different kinds of intelligence which was against basic conception of gardener. He thought these types of intelligence to be independent.
    2, he missed some universal intelligence such as culinary intelligence.
    3, his classification of intelligence was artificial. For ex- he classified the intelligence of a mechanic and a dancer as body kinesthetic intelligence. But both tasks obviously require different kinds of intelligence.
    Thanks a Lot
  • cucumber said:

Does anyone know how many people hav written mains wid Psychology dis year?

Around 300-350
  • shibbu said:

cucumber said:

Around 300-350
    ohk..thanku..:)
  • cucumber said:

Mere centre par khali 4 log the....ab laga lo hisaab
  • Hi. I've taken Psychology as optional subj for CSM 2017. Any whatsapp groups or study groups that I can join?

There is one I can join u in....message me ur no
  • Beda Gark said:

cucumber said:

Bhai, marking ki koi khabar pata ho toh batao.!!
  • psychology ke baare main pata karne wale bahut kam hai waise..
  • Bhai log ye paper 1 ke topic 2&3 (research methods & methods of psychology) are troubling me...kahan se padhun..kuch guide karo
  • Chalo koi toh hain...
  • apupsc said:

Bhai log ye paper 1 ke topic 2&3 (research methods & methods of psychology) are troubling me...kahan se padhun..kuch guide karo

Pathak notes n bharti bhawan publication ki ek book aati hai .use net to search fr topics already asked e.g.t-test n its types.idea is to know as much as u can .

• cucumber said:

Beda Gark said:

cucumber said:

@Beda Gark
    How was ur psychology this year?
    Mere centre me 6-7odd students just.
    Total people with psych optional can't be more than 300
  • Have given mains 2015 n 2016 with psychology.
    Will to help u all if any prob persist.
    Add me to your telegram group
  • upen said:

Have given mains 2015 n 2016 with psychology.
    Will to help u all if any prob persist.
    Add me to your telegram group

https://telegram.me/upsc_psychology
    Just wait and watch...
  • Bro this telegram link shows an error message on click ...I have tried it many times in past also...add me too
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog