Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

Answer Writing Tips Required

Hi All, @IWRA @Neyawn @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @mango_dolly
I am preparing for 2017 attempt.I have finished static part but not versed with current affairs.I have tried to write answers to GS 2 and GS3 papers but they r contemporary in nature.I am planning to join test series now.Will it help?? Since am not aware of current issues comprehensively is it wise to write now or after prelims 2017??Any tips for fresher to start writing answers for both papers.
Kindly provide inputs..

Comments

• If anyone is interested in buying GS MAINS MOCKS TEST SERIES 2016 (8 MOCKS) AT A REDUCED COST KINDLY PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA MESSAGE.
  • PowerPrep said:

Hi All, @IWRA @Neyawn @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @mango_dolly
    I am preparing for 2017 attempt.I have finished static part but not versed with current affairs.I have tried to write answers to GS 2 and GS3 papers but they r contemporary in nature.I am planning to join test series now.Will it help?? Since am not aware of current issues comprehensively is it wise to write now or after prelims 2017??Any tips for fresher to start writing answers for both papers.
    Kindly provide inputs..

Are you preparing full time or with a job? Current affairs learning evolves with reading the newspaper over a period of time.

If you have been reading the newspaper for 3-6 months , you should be have decent command over current issues.

If this is your first year, do not refer to vision compilations or anything for CA and read the Hindu instead.

You can join a test series if you want.

Most people join test series to get discipline , follow a schedule, get corrective suggestions and finish at least 50-60% of the syllabus by following a plan.

If you are working and have a job, you can go for any of the free initiatives on several websites, since they will be synchronised with your office timings and are daily.

But if you have quit your job and have takes risks, do what normal people in Delhi do, join a test series and finish all the tests . Take feedback and try to implement them. This will help save a lot of time which is normally wasted in moving from site to site .

Vision and GS score are the leading Test Series providers for Mains .

People choose on the basis of their personal preference.

PM me and I shall try to share a video where I have discussed about the answer writing thing - the introduction part.

It assumes that you already have written a few answers and feel the bottleneck that I have tried to address.

If you are a total beginner , you may not be able to relate to it as you may not have faced the problem in the first place.

Also it was done for the more experienced junta with people having written at least once Mains before.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • @Neyawn can u share the video of forumias seminar on last sunday?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog