Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Modern Indian History                                         (2) Environment & Ecology
(3) Polity, Current Affairs & Govt. Schemes            (4)Budget & Economic survey
(5) Geography with MCQ's                                        (6) Important Current Affairs
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

RTI for IES PAPER and KEY 2006

Friends, today the status to my RTI request changed from Inprocess to "Request disposed off". I called the number available and the person said you will receive the reply by speed post in 3-4 days. My query is, what does "Request disposed off" mean? Does it mean my request has been rejected and they have sent a vague reply citing some rules which prohibit them from providing the documents sought by me? OR does it mean they are sending me the desired reply with necessary documents ?

I will post the scanned copy of the reply once I receive the same.
Untitled.png
977 x 809 - 268K

Comments

• edited September 2016
    It simply means that your query has been answered,there can be 2 cases-
    1.They had the paper and key,and have sent the response.
    2.Or they don't keep the papers so long back and will simply inform you the same.
  • ^^ In addition:
    Since they did not release answer keys in those days, the most probable reply would be that no such document exists.
    Let's hope they do send the actual answer nevertheless.
    Thanks for filing the RTI. :)
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Gujarat.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • edited September 2016
    I have a book of General Ability Solved papers ( made easy publications ) for IES exam. They have given A= Governor as answer to this question asked in 2006 IES exam.
  • @iasmaniac can you post an image
  • disposed off probably means rejected
    Screenshot_2016-09-10-22-42-25.png
    480 x 854 - 216K
    TIDES WILL TURN
  • I also think upsc must have done such nonsense while replying . And amazing would be if official answer of 2016 is contrary to that of 2006
  • 24madaeve said:

I also think upsc must have done such nonsense while replying . And amazing would be if official answer of 2016 is contrary to that of 2006

highly unlikely of them to give it...them people might start asking model answers for mains..
    TIDES WILL TURN
  • edited September 2016
  • in rti i think u can ask info for upto last 8 yrs .
    soo upsc will say they don't have the paper & key :D
  • I have received there reply today. They have said they don't maintain two year old data. What to do ? Should i file higher appeal?
  • 24madaeve said:

I have received there reply today. They have said they don't maintain two year old data. What to do ? Should i file higher appeal?

No use..till then result would come

TIDES WILL TURN
  • 24madaeve said:

I have received there reply today. They have said they don't maintain two year old data. What to do ? Should i file higher appeal?

But one thing we would be able to check is if there is any difference in answers of UpSC for 2006 and 2016
  • edited September 2016
    24madaeve said:

24madaeve said:

But one thing we would be able to check is if there is any difference in answers of UpSC for 2006 and 2016
    depends on who set question..last year we had questions with multiple answers...could we do anything about that?..answers will be given by who set it....even if answers is shocking/wrong..
    TIDES WILL TURN
  • pfa the reply i have got from dholpur house. any further suggestions are welcome
    rtireply.png
    618 x 567 - 100K
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog