Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

One Hour Challenge for Mains 2016: (2.0)

edited August 2016 in Social, Tips & Support
I lost my old profile, I felt bad but that should not be the reason that the forum should stop. So, here we start again ,one hour challange version 2.0:

Time is running fast.Less than 95 days from now for Mains 2016, In b/w there will be Pre results, DAF discussion, Diwali etc. So effectively you have approx 60-70 quality days. Taking an average of quality 6 hours per day you have approximately 420 hours.

Can you compelete all your syllabus,do the answer writing practice in these 420 hours?

Lets find out.

My next 4 hour challange:

Complete revision of Ariabm & Mohit Bhattacharya notes.
Follow previous days Mains marathon questions
Complete March Insights into Editorial

P.S: We will come up with Version 3.0 if this thread gets deleted. The SHOW MUST GO ON.

The angels are lost in perpetual contemplation of an infinite glory.
·

Comments

• Finish Elizabethan Age: 36 pages left.

It is im-impossible to do it all in 420 hours.
    Thanks for the heavy burden. I won't be able to sleep now. :neutral:
    ·
  • I missed this thread so much <3
    Glad @IWRA you didn't retrie from forum :)
    Next 2 hrs, post independence till Indo China war 1962
    ·
  • Thanks for this thread. Provides the much needed motivation for fellow aspirants.

Target: Revise Western Political Thinkers->> Plato and Aristotle
    ·
  • Complete my paper i pathology notes
    This too shall pass and so will you
    ·
  • IWRA said:

I lost my old profile, I felt bad but that should not be the reason that the forum should stop. So, here we start again ,one hour challange version 2.0:

Time is running fast.Less than 95 days from now for Mains 2016, In b/w there will be Pre results, DAF discussion, Diwali etc. So effectively you have approx 60-70 quality days. Taking an average of quality 6 hours per day you have approximately 420 hours.

Can you compelete all your syllabus,do the answer writing practice in these 420 hours?

Lets find out.

My next 4 hour challange:

Complete revision of Ariabm & Mohit Bhattacharya notes.
    Follow previous days Mains marathon questions
    Complete March Insights into Editorial

P.S: We will come up with Version 3.0 if this thread gets deleted. The SHOW MUST GO ON.

Found some links for Pub AD folks during revision..Do visit,you won't be disappointed.

http://www1.ximb.ac.in/users/fac/shambu/sprasad.nsf/0/e78490ff090249d06525730c0030abf9/$FILE/Public_Policy_Making_in_India_TV_SOMANATHAN.pdf

http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/Jv4TGWrwjpUODYWT90uJJJ/Policy-implementation-a-research-agenda.html

http://www.researchpublish.com/download.php?file=Policy Implementation-2198.pdf&amp;act=book
    ·
  • read epw dec
    ·
  • Human values next 1hr 30 mins
    ·
  • My First 3 Hour Challenge :
    Solving Questions on Green's Theorem and Gauss's Theorem.
    The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upwards in night.
    ·
  • Missed this thread... :)
    12 - 4 am - Topic 1 pub ad
    Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine...
    ·
  • Finished Intro Thinkers Org Behaviour of Pub Ad.

Now, 2 hr challenge
    1. August EPW
    2. August RSTV issues

Going backwards..! Daily two hrs current issues notes taking..! Starting today..!
    Prelims : 2/2. Mains : 0/2. 24 years. "Thats how you devour a whale ; One bite at a time"
    ·
  • insights into editorial of July
    Should not take more than 1- 1.5 hours I guess.!

Troughs and crests. Life.
    ·
  • insights into editorial of July

It will.
    ·
  • 6.30 to 7.30 CPA from aribam and mohit bahtt...
    ·
  • Good Morning
    Next 6hrs
    Yoga + exercise + walk : 20 min
    Memorize Fundamental duties verbatim
    Civil Engineering th + eg + pyqs
    (environmental engineering + Hydraulic Machines)
    ·
  • edited September 2016
    Upsc study halted since last 5 days..today again dedicating to SSC maths onlyy ..tomorrow xam :)

But BEFORE that 1 hour Mohit Tau to bnti h..plus The Hindu g ko bhi pdenge :) ATB

PS- @IWRA sir g aapki id bhi uda di thi !!! :neutral: okk All IZZ Well now..let's do our PIOUS DUTY to study !!!
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
    ·
  • IE 8-9
    ODE 9-12 will try to cover max
    Will be back at 12 pm
    PS thanks iwra
    ·
  • Topic for today: topic 3 harappan civilization.
    You don't have to be great to start
    But you have to start to be great..!!
    ·
  • Next 3 Hours Challenge :
    Equations of First Order and First Degree
    The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upwards in night.
    ·
  • This RAS Jaipur trip cost me 4 days. N the worst part is noone in the exam hall had extra blue pen, so I did everything with black pen itself.
    Anyways I am more eager to get over it . Work started too but have to put in serious study efforts now.leaving for work now but hope to complete The Hindu already.
    N there is case study test in GSSCORE tom. Thankfully don't have to read anything officially.
    Decision toss karke liya tha, toss ka result dekh kar nahin...
    MAINS-2016
    Now, Prelims 2017...
    ·
  • IWRA said:

insights into editorial of July

It will.
    Man.. there Lukman 100 case study notes are available in the market. Any idea how is it??
    Decision toss karke liya tha, toss ka result dekh kar nahin...
    MAINS-2016
    Now, Prelims 2017...
    ·
  • Next one hour
    Revise Pub Ad for TEST

Later,
    GS 3 Current affairs VIAS +RsTv
    Prelims : 2/2. Mains : 0/2. 24 years. "Thats how you devour a whale ; One bite at a time"
    ·
  • todays one hour challenge.

Newspaper + insights + ethics 5 case study writing
    2016 - Rank < 500 , 2017 - no balls, 2018 - game on.
    ·
  • Read tuberculosis and take notes in next one hour
    This too shall pass and so will you
    ·
  • 6.30 to 7.30 CPA from aribam and mohit bahtt...

:( completed only aribam... due to some arbit attitude :(.... we to avoid this...

·
  • 10.00 to 11.30..... post modernism, feminism and pa from mohit bhatt
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog