MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

If you are pub ad expert, then click me!!!

Who appoints the chief secretary of state - governor or someone else?

Comments

  • 24madaeve said:

    Who appoints the chief secretary of state - governor or someone else?

    The chief secretary is chosen by the chief minister from the senior IAS officers of the state cadre. Generally, the chief minister takes into account three factors in this regard: seniority of the officer; service record, performance and merit of the officer; and his trust and confidence in the officer.
    You raise me up to more than I can be...
  • race said:

    24madaeve said:

    Who appoints the chief secretary of state - governor or someone else?

    The chief secretary is chosen by the chief minister from the senior IAS officers of the state cadre. Generally, the chief minister takes into account three factors in this regard: seniority of the officer; service record, performance and merit of the officer; and his trust and confidence in the officer.
    Cm chooses but who formally appoints him?
  • 24madaeve said:

    race said:

    24madaeve said:

    Who appoints the chief secretary of state - governor or someone else?

    The chief secretary is chosen by the chief minister from the senior IAS officers of the state cadre. Generally, the chief minister takes into account three factors in this regard: seniority of the officer; service record, performance and merit of the officer; and his trust and confidence in the officer.
    Cm chooses but who formally appoints him?
    Appoint means choose somebody for a job.
    The question didn't mention the word formally.
    You raise me up to more than I can be...
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog