[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

RBI GRADE B 2016: Brochure, E-Books, Websites, form-filling queries, and associated discussions

edited July 2016 in Banking
RBI Grade B notification is out. Forms can be filled starting 18th of this month.

This will be the only thread for RBI Gr. B related discussions.
The title will be updated from time-to-time.
Any other thread on the same topic will be deleted forthwith.
pdf
pdf
RBI Grade B [DR].pdf
·

Comments

• notification etc kab aaega idea hai?
    4th mains| iss baar c**d maarenge
    ·
  • ^ August Mid/End mostly.
    Dont worry about the notification. It will come suddenly and exam date will have at max 1.5-2 months gap.

@saurabhajain
    If your optional you are going to select is Economics, then start preparing with Ramesh Singh+ The Uncertain Glory [By Sen]. This coupled with all NCERTs of Economics and Survey.
    Mrunals Lectures can be seen for deeper understanding.

If you are going to selected Finance and Management then there is material by Kalinga IAS, you can take it from any of the Shops in Old Rajender Nagar but it will only give a consolidated idea about topics and not the final things to be studied.

Offcourse, there is a lot which needs to be done in Quants and Reasoning, which I assume you can work on your own, but nevertheless, there lies to key to selection.

·
  • Any drive link for rbi material ?
    Karma - the Panacea
    ·
  • RBI RTI REPLY
    pdf
    pdf
    rbi rti ans.pdf 2.pdf
    ·
  • 163 Vacancies
    ·
  • good...
    मेरी रूह का परिंदा फड़फड़ाये
    ·
  • Is the notification out ? When will be the exam generally in which month ?
    ·
  • august / september
    ·
  • https://opportunities.rbi.org.in/Scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=3201

only finance and management from this year..eco and stats removed from the scheme for mains..
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    ·
  • Rbi asked numericals in Fand M last year..what to do ?
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
    ·
  • Rbi asked numericals in Fand M last year..what to do ?

Ya. 3 five markers were asked. I was clueless about them
    Mission 2018 - Final assault
    ·
  • @All , where can i get last year's mains papers...any idea? i need to look at the que, esp the numericals in F&M? any link/ pdf???
    युद्ध के मैदान तूने खुद चुने हैं...
    ·
  • bhaz said:

Rbi asked numericals in Fand M last year..what to do ?

@bhaz Numericals were based on which topic ?
    ·
  • Bhaiiyo do anybody have any idea from where to get last year paper.. At least model paper.
    ·
  • me4IAS said:

bhaz said:

I dont remember the questions but had read somewhere that they were from risk management and derivative topics
    ·
  • edited July 2016
    me4IAS said:

bhaz said:

IMG_20160714_193247.jpg
    1080 x 1336 - 475K
    ·
  • @All , where can i get last year's mains papers...any idea? i need to look at the que, esp the numericals in F&M? any link/ pdf???

Tojo said:

Bhaiiyo do anybody have any idea from where to get last year paper.. At least model paper.

http://tsa1998.blogspot.in/2016/05/rbi-grade-b-2015-phase-2-mains-mcq.html?m=1
    Karma - the Panacea
    ·
  • found this on facebook

How to Tackle Numerical Problems
    If you look at the syllabus, there are 2-3 chapters from where numerical problems can be asked:
    Primary and Secondary Markets
    Type of numericals - Valuation of bond and stock, Zero coupon bonds, how to find Yield to maturity, yield curve, Fixed price instruments
    If you have time and you understand finance then concepts of valuations of a company can also be done - NPV, IRR, CAPM. These can also be done
    Risk Management - This is quite huge and requires detailed study
    Type of numericals
    1) Ratio analysis from a balance sheet - This is done by bank to evaluate a company and hence to understand the risk they are undertaking. This brings in entire concepts of accounting which you won't be able to do if you don't have background.
    2) Evaluating risks -
    Liquidity risks - Understanding banks Balance Sheet, Understanding asset Liability Management, how to for time buckets and how they are managed
    Interest Rate Risk - Gap anaysis, duration analysis, modified duration analysis, VaR analysis
    Capital Adequacy - Basel II & III and capital adequacy rules - How to classify capital. Change in capital by various method, how does it effect the CAR (capital adequacy ratios), etc
    3) Credit risk evaluation _ Understanding of balance sheet, how to do credit rating by various organizations
    Derivatives: We need to do basic stuff here
    Forwards - Evaluating a forward contract - Whether it will be profitable, What is the limit of profits
    Future - Evaluating profit and loss in a future contract
    Options - Understanding graphs of various kind of options(call and Put), understanding strike price and how it is determined, understanding the point of no profit no loss, evaluting profit and loss in an option contract.
    Swaps - Interest rate swaps - Limit of profits, and losses, Currency swaps - how to create a swap tool and what to cover in it.
    ·
  • Pls let me know whether one can prepare UPSC during probation period of RBI grade B offcr? Is there possibility of getting 3 months leave for mains?
    TIA
    Time is the best teacher
    ·

Tojo said:

Bhaiiyo do anybody have any idea from where to get last year paper.. At least model paper.

http://tsa1998.blogspot.in/2016/05/rbi-grade-b-2015-phase-2-mains-mcq.html?m=1
    thanks @silvermoon
    ·
  • @PolicyGuy is Kalinga Material available in ORN?

@Tojo @Kuribayashi plz visit following link for paper https://opportunities.rbi.org.in/Scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=2817
    ·

@Tojo @Kuribayashi plz visit following link for paper https://opportunities.rbi.org.in/Scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=2817

Thanks alot brother @saurabhajain
    ·

Thanks a tonne buddy
    ·
  • @Tojo It should be. It was available last year, same time.
    You can call up and check Kumar Book Store guy.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog