MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of Ethics : 22nd July(Morning)-8:00 a.m
Entire course in the most structured & systematic manner.
Discussion of theory + Case Studies through the prism of philosophy, psychology & Governance
It includes L.A.W.S. (live Answer Writing Session)
FREE SEMINAR ON 22ND JULY, 8.00 AM. Batch Begins with Seminar

For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com

Books on International relations

Hello all,
I aspire to be an IFS officer. Following my dream I have developed IR as my hobby and till now have read most of the basic books on this subject ( rajiv sikri, elephant dance, Idsa books- grand strategy and india's neighbours ). I follow idsa website regularly. I also took history as an optional due to same reasons. Mostly interested in world history. I have read Eric hobsbawm's 4 book series on world history and it was delightful.
Pls suggest me some more books which I can read on these topics and if possible link for digital downloads.
IFS - my dream......
Be true to yourself ......
One step at a time....
If you can take it, you can make it
A moment's pain is worth a lifetime's glory
·

Comments

• Books s jyada magzone helpful rahegi world focus current aur past issues cover kar dalooo
    ·
  • BrahMos said:

Books s jyada magzone helpful rahegi world focus current aur past issues cover kar dalooo

Is this magazine available online? I once went to book shop in my city(Kanpur) but not available.
    IFS - my dream......
    Be true to yourself ......
    One step at a time....
    If you can take it, you can make it
    A moment's pain is worth a lifetime's glory
    ·
  • World politics by Bailys and smith is very good. I personally refer to it. It has articles that are comprehensive and of academic literature quality. Plus not too verbose. Rather simple explanations. @TheWhiteDragon
    ·
  • read pax indica by afzal premi gang son of macaulay tharoor
    read international relations by pushpesh pant tmh
    ·
  • @Shad, sir can you please suggest some book for IR(=International relations) of gs mains paper 2. I am looking for a very concise book like K Shankarganesh's in economics, which can help me revise the basics of the subject (=IR)multiple times.

Though I have read David Malone's book and Rajiv Sikri's book, but revising these books is a challenge in itself and hence, i am looking for a book of IR which can be used to revise basic definitions like deterrance, neutral state, etc.
    ·
  • following
    ·
  • Start with NCERT - Contemporary World Politics and supplement it with Current Affairs.
    IR syllabus has no bounds, it's better to prepare selectively.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog