MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening)-5:15PM - 7:15PM & 29th June (Morning)-11AM-1PM ; FREE SEMINAR ON 25TH JUNE, 5.15PM Subject To Availability Of Seats
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal(Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar(Rank-200, 2016) (3) Athar Aamir 1st booklet and 2nd booklet(Rank-2)
ForumIAS Community Meet 2017 on 25th June at 11 AM - You are invited

Dear Friends, ForumIAS Annual Community Meet will be held on June 25th at 11AM in Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi. The Chief Guest for the event will be Suharsh Bhagat, IAS Rank 5, CSE 2014. Come join us , and meet ForumIAS members who have secured ranks this year. Click here to register

Mathematics as a optional personal doubts

My present status
3 attempts--Not cleared mains in all.
Optional - - pub ad
Last time I had 75+75+75+86 marks in GS

What i was thinking?
Changing optional to mathematics immediately because i have little time in my hands.

Why
Because I never had problem understanding mathematics but I'm not in touch with maths.. For 10 years pricisely.

Need help?

1).If I'm in top 10% of scorers in maths am i scoring 250+

2). I saw one online portal for maths classes. Can someone tell me ki how are they and have they joined so we can share it.

3) Next optiom is IMS... How much classroom coaching covers in mathematics optional because i was literally shitted by pavan kumar coaching in pub ad.. What he taught neva covered more than 50% of syllabus.

What else i need to know. How is maths kitna time lagega.. Complete karne mein.. Kitne bache hote hai maths se..

·

Comments

• Hey @gini

1. Relevance of this question can be doubted because marks in optional or any other subject would vary as per marking scheme by upsc. One can top at 250 in one year while in the next year 250 is like an avg score (like in 2014)
    2. Don't know about online math portal.
    3. You may be disappointed with math classes at IMS. Some people find Mr. Venkanna's accent difficult. That being said, syllabus is huge so it's not possible for any teacher to cover the whole of it. One needs to log in lots of hours for this subject.

From 2015 experience, it seems that usual strategy followed until 2014 didn't work. Pattern of papers was completely different, thus that 50% thing that you mention may as well be true for Mathematics.

I don't know the exact number of students but jitne bhi hote hain, kaafi strict competition hota hai coz most of these people are from premier institutes = very high quality competition among students. (Not trying to demean any other subject, just stating from what I know about profile of math takers)

And as I said earlier that syllabus is huge, it takes decent 6-8 months. Since you've not been in touch with math, it might go on the higher side of the range. But you may as well compensate for it if you've innate abilities to tackle the subject.

Good luck.
    Discovery.
    ·
  • Minimum you need 8 months to cover basic portion.. but to master the whole syllabus you need 1 year whole .. Maths optional does not include only maths, it also includes mechanics, physics, computer programming ... syllabus is too vast ..if you start with this optional, you may not get time for GS as well .. and after everything else you must practise lot of problems .. concept should be crystal clear ..
    Simplicity is the real beauty ..
    ·
  • gini said:

My present status
    3 attempts--Not cleared mains in all.
    Optional -- pub ad
    Last time I had 75+75+75+86 marks in GS

What i was thinking?
    Changing optional to mathematics immediately because i have little time in my hands.

Why
    Because I never had problem understanding mathematics but I'm not in touch with maths.. For 10 years pricisely.

Need help?

1).If I'm in top 10% of scorers in maths am i scoring 250+

2). I saw one online portal for maths classes. Can someone tell me ki how are they and have they joined so we can share it.

3) Next optiom is IMS... How much classroom coaching covers in mathematics optional because i was literally shitted by pavan kumar coaching in pub ad.. What he taught neva covered more than 50% of syllabus.

What else i need to know. How is maths kitna time lagega.. Complete karne mein.. Kitne bache hote hai maths se..

See its impossible to write this mains (2016) well with maths if u start preparing from now. However if u give one whole year, so u will be able to write it well in 2017.
    RBI Grade B officer
    ·
  • Thanks for all inputs.... Not changing.... Himaat nahi hai ab aur padhne ki...
    ·
  • IMS Mathematics optional notes available..In excellent condition..If anyone is interested plz contact me on 9599536717.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google