43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Is AAO worth it ??

Answer is NO. ASO in CSS is much better than AAO.There is no promotional avenues down the line.... from 4800 gazetted to beyond 5400 PB 3 till retirement. However every ASO reaches to Deputy Secretary..many reach Director and a very few to Joint Secretary level. AAO has frequent transfers while CSS is located only in Delhi which is very detrimental if you plan to prepare for IAS or otherwise too. Higher ranks of CSS are powerful and respected as they implement/monitor the policies of GoI in all over India. If transfer is not an issue Examiner, ITI, AEO are much better than AAO in the long run. I have talked with a few AAOs myself and found out this....you may cross verify rather than wasting ur career and repenting later....I know people who have reached only 5400 after 25 years of service.
·

Comments

• AAO has frequent visits too...not very suitable for girls...and once you are settled with kids...you would never like it too....the other thing is that the institute does give good treatment to the Audit Officer...when posted in Office they do routine file audit work
    ·
  • AAO doesn't have frequent transfer, in fact no transfer at all. But promotion is very very slow even if you perform your duties really well you can reach upto Sr. Audit Officer, 5400 gp. But even even if in 4800 & 5400 you will command huge respect and power because the office you will be visiting for audit will treat with great respect coz their assessment will be very much based on your prepared audit report and you can ask them, even to the top level IAS who are head of the office authoritatively if there is any lacunae or malpractice.
    ·
  • thanks Nihilist

Under Secretary(GP 6600) and above has much more respect than AAO anyday (even if we neglect pay (which is more than 10k more per month the day one becomes US...)...mind you every ASO becomes US). Under Secretary deals with the implementation of the policy across India. So forget IAS, an US who is dealing with schemes implemented in states is in direct contact with the principal secretaries of the State (highest level IAS in the State) for implementation of the scheme And CSS as a cadre forms the part of central govt decision making. Once you reach the level of US and above you have enough contacts in almost every ministries not just your ministry. Deputy Secretary and Director are part of policy makers...different Ministries give different avenues to bring change in the country...

AAO retires from 5400(GP)...scope of bribe is what he/she can hope to equal the pay...

Regarding transfers it was told me by AAO himself I shall cross check. However no doubt it has frequent visits. AAOs in my Ministry(PAO office) has only told me that ASO is much better than AAO and advised not to go for it. Hence I shared for the benefit of students

better be informed than sorry.....factor in 7th pay commission the pay difference will be more
    Nihilist said:

AAO doesn't have frequent transfer, in fact no transfer at all. But promotion is very very slow even if you perform your duties really well you can reach upto Sr. Audit Officer, 5400 gp. But even even if in 4800 & 5400 you will command huge respect and power because the office you will be visiting for audit will treat with great respect coz their assessment will be very much based on your prepared audit report and you can ask them, even to the top level IAS who are head of the office authoritatively if there is any lacunae or malpractice.

·
  • I just wanted the new aspirants to be well informed....no doubt AAO does commands respect in the States..cannot say the same when in central ministries...In ministries they do routine thankless work.....but then what is the use of respect after 15 years ...when your salary, designation and to some aspect respect also is low compared to your colleagues in CSS....
    ·
  • Guys if we select AAO as any of our preference then we would have to write economics paper as well?
    ·
  • Arey yaar exam toh pehle de do! Yaha trigno aur geo karke halat kharab ho rakhi hai, tumlog bol rahe ho is it worth it!

This isnt a Mba placement season ki whether Hindustan Unilever is worth it or Cadbury is worth it!

This is the govt sector with lakhs of aspirants contesting, so mere speculation wont do.. Work hard, expect less, speculate less and make yourself capable.
    The ultimate Upsc strategy that you will ever need: http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/14380/beginners-adda/p1
    ·
  • Guys any new info in AAO vs CSS Debate....
    ·
  • CSS>AAO for sure
    all i need is profound meditation. all i love is my stethoscope
    ·
  • edited March 17

CSS>AAO for sure

Aisa nhi h bhai...CSS is good but aao in home state is best..there is no transfer at all during entire service period...aao is posted in one single office for example the aao of up are posted in Allahabad, Bihar Patna jh Ranchi, mh nagpur mp Indore etc...there are few deputation offer also for the aao in c&ag n other financial institutions... aao has much more respect than the aao in CSS at any day...initial pay of aao is more than aso..although there is less avenue of promotion but if u join early then there are chances of becoming ia&as cadre officer at the fag end of the career having good promotion avenue...

The only plus point of CSS is Delhi..but work pressure in few ministry are more..thus no time to study..on the other hand aao has lot of free time but not in Delhi..

I was assistant in CSS for 19 months..
    ·
  • Gurukul said:

CSS>AAO for sure

Aisa nhi h bhai...CSS is good but aao in home state is best..there is no transfer at all during entire service period...aao is posted in one single office for example the aao of up are posted in Allahabad, Bihar Patna jh Ranchi, mh nagpur mp Indore etc...there are few deputation offer also for the aao in c&ag n other financial institutions... aao has much more respect than the aao in CSS at any day...initial pay of aao is more than aso..although there is less avenue of promotion but if u join early then there are chances of becoming ia&as cadre officer at the fag end of the career having good promotion avenue...

The only plus point of CSS is Delhi..but work pressure in few ministry are more..thus no time to study..on the other hand aao has lot of free time but not in Delhi..

for getting home state in AAO u must be in top 50 and that is not d case with every1...

plus SAS, regional language xam are other challanges..

rest up to candidate
    ·
  • Mere sabi 600+ ke friend AAO Ko change kar rahe h pref order me Becz SAS is not v easy to clear
    ·
  • Gurukul said:

CSS>AAO for sure

for getting home state in AAO u must be in top 50 and that is not d case with every1...

rest up to candidate
    With 1200 vacancies or even 1000 is it necessary to be in top 50 to get home state ?
    ·
  • Gurukul said:

CSS>AAO for sure

rest up to candidate
    With 1200 vacancies or even 1000 is it necessary to be in top 50 to get home state ?
    yes because 90% of vacancies is in south....
    ·
  • Long story short

Always choose an erstwhile 4600 grade pay job over AAO.

If travelling , high possibility of workload and slow promotion aren't a dealbreaker when you are being offered a 4800 grade pay job , then prefer AAO to all erstwhile non-interview posts.

If they are a dealbreaker , you would love to be an auditor in CAG instead of AAO in IA&AS.

My cousin is an auditor for the last 5 years or so. He was eligible to appear for SAS and become AAO. He didn't even apply/appear because to him all India posting was a deal-breaker and he is happy as an auditor.

He was also getting Excise Inspector in 2014 or maybe in 2015's CGL. He didn't join because he wasn't getting posting in south India.

But you don't have to do what my cousin did. Because even I wouldn't follow my cousin in some cases but you need to what are your deal-breaking criteria and accordingly give preference.
    ·
  • Long story short

Always choose an erstwhile 4600 grade pay job over AAO.

If travelling , high possibility of workload and slow promotion aren't a dealbreaker when you are being offered a 4800 grade pay job , then prefer AAO to all erstwhile non-interview posts.

If they are a dealbreaker , you would love to be an auditor in CAG instead of AAO in IA&AS.

My cousin is an auditor for the last 5 years or so. He was eligible to appear for SAS and become AAO. He didn't even apply/appear because to him all India posting was a deal-breaker and he is happy as an auditor.

He was also getting Excise Inspector in 2014 or maybe in 2015's CGL. He didn't join because he wasn't getting posting in south India.

But you don't have to do what my cousin did. Because even I wouldn't follow my cousin in some cases but you need to what are your deal-breaking criteria and accordingly give preference.

+10000
    ·
  • Arey yaar exam toh pehle de do! Yaha trigno aur geo karke halat kharab ho rakhi hai, tumlog bol rahe ho is it worth it!

This isnt a Mba placement season ki whether Hindustan Unilever is worth it or Cadbury is worth it!

This is the govt sector with lakhs of aspirants contesting, so mere speculation wont do.. Work hard, expect less, speculate less and make yourself capable.

Agreed bro
    ·

• He was also getting Excise Inspector in 2014 or maybe in 2015's CGL. He didn't join because he wasn't getting posting in south India.

wish to correct the type

* He was also getting Excise Inspector in 2014 or maybe in 2015's CGL. He didn't join because he ·_WAS_· getting posting in south India. *
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google