43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Test series for Sociology and GS Mains

Plzz help me out.....
I DO NOT want to join any coaching but only mock test series.

Can anyone tell me the best mock test for Sociology main? I have heard about test series of Upendra sir, Mohapatra sir and VisionIas. Plz suggest me the best one and also inform me the date of their start.

Also suggest me best test series for gs and its date of start?
·

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Test series of sociology
    Upendra sir - he does not take separate test series for outsiders usually but you can directly talk to him if you need any kind of help regarding sociology ..

Mohapatra sir- he takes test towards the end of course usually sept -oct ..it is open to all the students taking mains exam that year (They say it is for old students but everybody comes)

VisionIas - You can check their website ..They keep starting it every month (Kind of flexible test series)..Here you will get maximum number of test to attend.

Who is the best ?
    It all depends on you

(What do you want ?..
    1.You want to write more number of test.
    2.You just want to understand how to write good answers and don't need too much practice.)

So you can check your priority
    i would suggest to attend Mohapatra sir's test series to get most valuable input regarding good answers..

Regarding gs as the syllabus has changed ..so coaching classes would have to refurbish their test series accordingly .

Best of luck.
    ·
  • Mohapatra conducts tests for only those who have taken classes from him. I took postal course from visionias...the questions set by them were quite good and so was the checking...the only problem is that in postal course they do not send the tests and checked answersheets on time...quite unprofessional in this aspect....if you wanna join then join their class tests
    ·
  • Friend, all the teachers mentioned above are good. You will get benefit from all/any of them. I would like to add one more sociology teacher in the list (Bibhash Sharma) he can help you in improving your writing skills in Sociology. He even conducts online IAS test series as well as online coaching. Just write sociologyias in the google and may you be able to find information related to him. (I think forum won't permit me to add link)

Best of Luck!
    ·
  • edited August 2014
    @Shubhangi .. i had joined visionias socio test series last year.. n i found the test series to be in deed good.. i had taken d tests in distance mode n sent them the answer sheets by post.. they used to post the checked answer sheets on my online platform.. though at times they were lil late in uploading answer sheets, overall i found them to be professional.. n it really helped me in getting theek thaak marks (given the socio marking this year)..
    I m again joining this year post prelims.. i wish socio fare better this year n i b able to improve my rank..
    Btw, lemme know which test series u wud b joining.. we can exchange sm idea abt socio.. PM me..
    ·
  • @madhav what's the approximate cost of the vision ias test series?
    ·
  • @madhav what's the approximate cost of the vision ias test series?
    13000 /-
    ·
  • Welcm bhai. @Inthefray
    ·
  • how's bibhash sharma sir for sociology...had done classes from ramaswamy sir..want to join test series ..which one is good.??
    ·
  • Two years later, I have the same question. Any help?
    raksha said:

how's bibhash sharma sir for sociology...had done classes from ramaswamy sir..want to join test series ..which one is good.??

Two years later, I have the same question. Any help?

·
  • aman8770 said:

Test series of sociology
    Upendra sir - he does not take separate test series for outsiders usually but you can directly talk to him if you need any kind of help regarding sociology ..

Mohapatra sir- he takes test towards the end of course usually sept -oct ..it is open to all the students taking mains exam that year (They say it is for old students but everybody comes)

VisionIas - You can check their website ..They keep starting it every month (Kind of flexible test series)..Here you will get maximum number of test to attend.

Who is the best ?
    It all depends on you

(What do you want ?..
    1.You want to write more number of test.
    2.You just want to understand how to write good answers and don't need too much practice.)

So you can check your priority
    i would suggest to attend Mohapatra sir's test series to get most valuable input regarding good answers..

Regarding gs as the syllabus has changed ..so coaching classes would have to refurbish their test series accordingly .

Best of luck.

Any changes to this ?
    ·
  • How is Praveen Pandey's (Orient IAS) Test Series? I heard veterans like @Shkk recommending it.
    ·
  • for GS mains 2017 , i have joined forum ias MGP 2017 schedule b..i guess these forum ias guys have done a good work in MGP 2016 ..many of them have cleared and they focus on the weaknesses of their students rather than just distance relationship like other test series of Vision ias ,synergy,etc
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google