‘Microbial toxins found in popular e-cigarettes’ In a first, NASA probe detects ‘marsquake’ on the Red Planet HC lifts ban on TikTok, but with a caveat IEPF Authority in a major success recovers Rs 1514 Cr of Depositors Money Madras High Court bats for extending legal abortion period upto 24 weeks
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

UPSC civil services 2019 notification is published.

edited February 19 in Official Exam Process
896 vacancies for CSE and 90 vacancies for IFoS

www.upsconline.nic.in

cse notification - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k8I9NQhqZjivyN6spDXBA_-f-uY1AXTO

ifos notification - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TSmi0VLEpjEyVBBgID7SGOM-WYfHOnm3

Comments

• Ews reservation and age relaxation is there?
  • EWS reservation
    Rail_life said:

Ews reservation and age relaxation is there?

EWS reservation is there for cutoff. But no age and attempt relaxation.

• ews reservation is so sickening. now for general category ias will close at?
  • Just pray that this ews quota gets struck down so that merit seats are back to original levels. But I doubt SC verdict will come before 2019 recruitment is over.
  • attila said:

Just pray that this ews quota gets struck down so that merit seats are back to original levels. But I doubt SC verdict will come before 2019 recruitment is over.

+1. sooner or later it will be strucked down by supreme Court. but for us folks, it would be late by then

• Heads up for everyone applying under EWS category :

Even though document submission is required during DAF in August, please make sure you are eligible and If possible get the certificate before applying now. If you fill EWS now and later find out that you are not eligible then you will lose an attempt. Kindly share among all the aspirants.
  • as an estimate ias will close at rank 75 around.
  • Again 350 seats for general :/
    :)
  • Vagarant said:

Again 350 seats for general :/

how come 350? it should be more than that atleast
  • krr said:

attila said:

Just pray that this ews quota gets struck down so that merit seats are back to original levels. But I doubt SC verdict will come before 2019 recruitment is over.

+1. sooner or later it will be strucked down by supreme Court. but for us folks, it would be late by then
    krr said:

attila said:

krr said:

attila said:

March mein hearings start honge so expect atleast a year for the verdict. Also after this year assuming BJP is back to power which they will be with ease, overall seats would be in 500 600 levels toh 50% open ka bhi fayda nahi hoga
  • krr said:

attila said:

How r you so much sure abt that?
  • Friends please tell me ; what is specification for photo and signature ( I am confused which one is 350× 350 and 1000×1000)
  • krr said:

as an estimate ias will close at rank 75 around.

85 rank tak hoga...if 180 IAS seats are there.
    Calculate.
    50% of ( 90% of 180) for non ews general.
    Comes around 81... Plus some category seats in top 80 can push general non ews merit rank till 85.

• pizzza said:

Heads up for everyone applying under EWS category :

Even though document submission is required during DAF in August, please make sure you are eligible and If possible get the certificate before applying now. If you fill EWS now and later find out that you are not eligible then you will lose an attempt. Kindly share among all the aspirants.

wat if i clear with general how can they reject me if apply ews but till DAF i m not able to submit it
  • edited February 19
    One simple doubt.
    If 180 seats for IAS, then for general w/o EWS will have 72 seats or 81 seats?
  • alexr1 said:

Friends please tell me ; what is specification for photo and signature ( I am confused which one is 350× 350 and 1000×1000)

alexr1 said:

Friends please tell me ; what is specification for photo and signature ( I am confused which one is 350× 350 and 1000×1000)

kuch bhi daalo upsc wont reject
  • How many seats for EWS ?
  • Who are all eligible for EWS Quota??
    https://viharastudyhall.com
    ComeStudyConQuer aspirantsabode@viharastudyhall.com
  • I think ias for general will close below AIR 70 since 10% of 180 is 18 plus there will be atleast a handful of category people clearing general merit.
  • edited February 19
    krr said:

Vagarant said:

krr said:

Vagarant said:

EWS ki 89.6 seats b toh nikalni h iss bar, aur 896 me 39 PwD b h , calculate krlo bhai :neutral:
    :)
  • attila said:

I think ias for general will close below AIR 70 since 10% of 180 is 18 plus there will be atleast a handful of category people clearing general merit.

10% toh General category Ko hi jaa raha hain.
  • pizzza said:

Heads up for everyone applying under EWS category :

wat if i clear with general how can they reject me if apply ews but till DAF i m not able to submit it
    In case you clear in ews and later find out that you are ineligible, phir toh Gaya na attempt.
  • Dead Man said:

How many seats for EWS ?

Dead Man said:

How many seats for EWS ?

10% kar lo bhai 896 ka.....approx 90 seats
    But agar PH ki hai seats last year ki tarah then 10% of 856......86 seats approx
  • Vagarant said:

Not General, it's Open Category. Even OBC, SC, ST candidates in general merit list will fill up around 70-80 of the 350 open category posts. General walo ki toh keh ke le liya sarkar ne...
  • Tehsildar bribe bhi lega kya ??
  • Rail_life said:

krr said:

attila said:

bhai, once the limit of 50% is crossed, the reservation vultures lead by regional parties have already started advocating for 100% reservation. so to bring back some sort of sanity, ews will be ultimately struck down by court imo
  • non ews Gen ppl are wasting their time in India if they are sitting unemployed and giving these murderous competitive exams and upsc is the mother of all these. No one bats an eye for the gen cats better to leave the country only should give them if having a secured job or max 1 attempt with the current unemployment scenario in India. ATB.
  • krr said:

Rail_life said:

krr said:

attila said:

bhai, once the limit of 50% is crossed, the reservation vultures lead by regional parties have already started advocating for 100% reservation. so to bring back some sort of sanity, ews will be ultimately struck down by court imo
    Then how did Tamil Nadu managed to apply nearly 70% reservation? I think Supreme Court is unlikely to strike it down, as government is increasing the number of seats in educational institutions to compensate for the EWS category. Also, Supreme Court's views keep evolving over a period of time. What looked unconstitutional in 1991 may seem to be normal in 2019, considering socio-economic realities of so-called upper castes. And on top of that, Ranjan Gogoi is an unpredictable CJI. Who knows what approach Gogoi will take...
  • krr said:

Rail_life said:

krr said:

attila said:

Then how did Tamil Nadu managed to apply nearly 70% reservation? I think Supreme Court is unlikely to strike it down, as government is increasing the number of seats in educational institutions to compensate for the EWS category. Also, Supreme Court's views keep evolving over a period of time. What looked unconstitutional in 1991 may seem to be normal in 2019, considering socio-economic realities of so-called upper castes. And on top of that, Ranjan Gogoi is an unpredictable CJI. Who knows what approach Gogoi will take...

krr said:

Rail_life said:

krr said:

attila said:

krr said:

Rail_life said:

krr said:

attila said:

Lol in TN DMK has filed writ petition against ews quota so Anti-upper castes. Besides there is 78% quota in maharashtra currently after maratha and ews reservation. Basically very very low chances to do anything worthwhile from jc admissions to jee to cat to upsc if you are a general category person with family income of 8.01 lacs. LOL

• How many vacancies finally for non -ews general candidates

Suppose 896 seats ...so 50 % reserved . 448 seats left

Out of 448 further 10% EWS : 448- 45

So no EWS general seats ll come down to 403 !

Is my calculation correct or is it flat 60% of all vacancies gone ?
    Sab yeh sochte hai ki hero woh hota hai joh jeetta hai.
    mera yeh manana hai ki hero woh hai joh haarta hai ... kyun ki wohi jaanta hai jeetne ki asli value!
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google