GST Council may give one-year extension to anti-profiteering authority Drugs of 18 pharma firms found substandard since 2018 In relief to India, Maldives may scrap ocean deal with China India can boost exports of 300 products to US, China amid trade war: Report This will be a tough budget to balance
ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Official Guidance Thread for IFS Mains 2018 | By IFS Officers Sandeep Reddy & Akhil

Comments

• What is the difference in writing an Essay for CSE and writing an Essay for IFoS English paper?
  • For IFoS, more emphasis is given to proper use of language, correct use of adjectives as compared to innovativeness of content.
  • For letter writing, in should we mention fictional names or write XYZ at the end ?
  • Can anyone help me with any link to solved papers of english for ifos mains?? Its urgent guys..
  • edited December 2018
    Is there anyone living in old rajinder nagar and writing ifos mains in upsc bhavan? We can plan the itinerary..
  • ek bhi concept manikandan and prabhu book se samajh me nhi aata...na hi us books me quality diagrams hai...koi aur source hai forestry padhne ka bhaiyyon ?
    Chaman meñ iḳhtilāt-e-rañg-o-bū se baat bantī hai ,

Ham hī ham haiñ to kyā ham haiñ tum hī tum ho to kyā tum ho .
  • umamahesh said:

Is there anyone living in old rajinder nagar and writing ifos mains in upsc bhavan? We can plan the itinerary..

My friend, I know.

You still need the help?
    P-3, M-3*, I-1
  • ek bhi concept manikandan and prabhu book se samajh me nhi aata...na hi us books me quality diagrams hai...koi aur source hai forestry padhne ka bhaiyyon ?

Bhai paper usi se aata h ...at least is saal ka was very predictable ....same old questions
  • Simmu said:

ek bhi concept manikandan and prabhu book se samajh me nhi aata...na hi us books me quality diagrams hai...koi aur source hai forestry padhne ka bhaiyyon ?

Bhai paper usi se aata h ...at least is saal ka was very predictable ....same old questions
    Not only forestry but other optionals were also very easy...there will be surge in cutoff this time
  • Jim said:

Simmu said:

ek bhi concept manikandan and prabhu book se samajh me nhi aata...na hi us books me quality diagrams hai...koi aur source hai forestry padhne ka bhaiyyon ?

Not only forestry but other optionals were also very easy...there will be surge in cutoff this time
    What optionals are you saying were easy.? I just gave an engineering optional today and it was tough
  • ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

What optionals are you saying were easy.? I just gave an engineering optional today and it was tough
    geology botany agriculture

as told to me by some 10-12 different aspirants
  • ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Agreed Ab
  • Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Brother there are 10 more optionals ...and as per my knowledge geology was not so easy
  • Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Brother there are 10 more optionals ...and as per my knowledge geology was not so easy
    paper 1??
  • Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

paper 1??
    </blockquote
    Yes ...that is what I have been told
  • Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Agree..Geology was not that easy....Just to write anything is all together a different thing though....
    ये जो मोहल्ले में बसते हैं अच्छे लोग, इनका बहुत बड़ा हाथ है मुझे बुरा बनाने में
  • Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Agree..Geology was not that easy....Just to write anything is all together a different thing though....
    isostasy
    himalayan orogeny
    moraine
    river depositional erosional feature
    meteorite
    spatial spectral resolution
    weathering and erosion
    what is fold
    mechanism of earhquack
    rainwater harvesting
    water cycle
    type of volcanoes

dont you think one can write on these topics
  • Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Simmu said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Agreed Ab
    Oh OK. Engg was way tougher than last year.
  • ab94 said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Simmu said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Agreed Ab
    how was ur other optional
  • Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Simmu said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Agreed Ab
    Other was forestry which kind of felt easy due to generalist questions. But yes with preparation, one can crack it .unfortunately didn't have the time.
  • Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

isostasy
    himalayan orogeny
    moraine
    meteorite
    weathering and erosion
    what is fold
    mechanism of earhquack
    rainwater harvesting
    water cycle
    type of volcanoes

Jim ,fact is most of the aspirants hardly spend a month for ifos and hence even a simple paper looks like a tough one for most of us
  • ab94 said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Simmu said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Agreed Ab
    Other was forestry which kind of felt easy due to generalist questions. But yes with preparation, one can crack it .unfortunately didn't have the time.
    yeah I too felt that paper had general questions but was lengthy
  • Simmu said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

isostasy
    himalayan orogeny
    moraine
    meteorite
    weathering and erosion
    what is fold
    mechanism of earhquack
    rainwater harvesting
    water cycle
    type of volcanoes

Jim ,fact is most of the aspirants hardly spend a month for ifos and hence even a simple paper looks like a tough one for most of us
    agree brother but I was just stating that these are the concepts that we study in gs so anyone can write about them

• Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

isostasy
    himalayan orogeny
    moraine
    meteorite
    weathering and erosion
    what is fold
    mechanism of earhquack
    rainwater harvesting
    water cycle
    type of volcanoes

agree brother but I was just stating that these are the concepts that we study in gs so anyone can write about them

I beg to differ here ...I don't think generalist type answers work in Optionals
  • Simmu said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

isostasy
    himalayan orogeny
    moraine
    meteorite
    weathering and erosion
    what is fold
    mechanism of earhquack
    rainwater harvesting
    water cycle
    type of volcanoes

valid point brother
  • Simmu said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

isostasy
    himalayan orogeny
    moraine
    meteorite
    weathering and erosion
    what is fold
    mechanism of earhquack
    rainwater harvesting
    water cycle
    type of volcanoes

I was not able to attempt some of these concepts in geology paper 1 despite knowing the answer due to lack of time

other paper went well and since last two days this point is causing me a lot of stress that I might miss a call because of this mistake
  • Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

isostasy
    himalayan orogeny
    moraine
    meteorite
    weathering and erosion
    what is fold
    mechanism of earhquack
    rainwater harvesting
    water cycle
    type of volcanoes

Bhai..I agree on these questions..But there were few questions like orthogeneseis(equus) andgibbs phase rule along with 1-2 more in compulsory part which I found tough. Overall had to leave or marginally attempt 39 marks question out of 400 in geology.for sure with a better preparation this paper could have been easily handled.
  • Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

isostasy
    himalayan orogeny
    moraine
    meteorite
    weathering and erosion
    what is fold
    mechanism of earhquack
    rainwater harvesting
    water cycle
    type of volcanoes

Bhai..I agree on these questions..But there were few questions like orthogeneseis(equus) andgibbs phase rule along with 1-2 more in compulsory part which I found tough. Overall had to leave or marginally attempt 39 marks question out of 400 in geology.for sure with a better preparation this paper could have been easily handled.
    Overall out of 1400 ..Couldn't attempt 80 marks ..Now just praying that some things go my way
  • JimJim
    edited December 2018

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

isostasy
    himalayan orogeny
    moraine
    meteorite
    weathering and erosion
    what is fold
    mechanism of earhquack
    rainwater harvesting
    water cycle
    type of volcanoes

Overall out of 1400 ..Couldn't attempt 80 marks ..Now just praying that some things go my way
    Ok brother
    Dont worry
    You will get the interview call

How ur other optional went?
  • Jim said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

Jim said:

ab94 said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

isostasy
    himalayan orogeny
    moraine
    meteorite
    weathering and erosion
    what is fold
    mechanism of earhquack
    rainwater harvesting
    water cycle
    type of volcanoes

Ok brother
    Dont worry
    You will get the interview call

How ur other optional went?
    That was forestry..It went well..i attempted both paper completely.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google