Saudi Arabia to host G20 summit in 2020 Nepal launches its first satellite from the USA IT dept. proposes new norms for taxing MNCs Plea in SC on voting rights of undertrials and convicts Officials allow some persons to cast ‘tendered’ votes in T.N.

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

UPPCS: Interview Preparation

मुख्य परीक्षा में चयनित सभी लोगों को हार्दिक बधाई..
लेकिन मंज़िल अभी भी एक कदम और दूर है..
आइये..
मिलकर इस मंज़िल को पाने का प्रयत्न करते हैं..!!
पदाहतं सदुत्थाय मूर्धानमधिरोहति ।
स्वस्थादेवाबमानेपि देहिनस्वद्वरं रज: ॥

Comments

• Interview kab se start hone ki possiblity hai ?
    Be kind and compassionate to feel the oneness of humanity.
  • मैंने 2016 का exam नहीं दिया था..
    सो i have no idea..!!

Interview kab se start hone ki possiblity hai ?

• dccdcc
    edited November 2018
    @superkingg @Rubper
    Dekho tum dono ka kaam asaan ho gya :#
  • Congrats to those qualified.

My suggestions:

1. Don't take the interview preparation lightly.
    2. Cover your DAF properly. Brush up graduation subjects, job experience and optional subjects.
    3. Don't fall prey to Rs.200/- interview question notes that will soon prop up in Allahabad once the interview starts. It's good to have an idea of what's being asked but don't focus whole of your time on this. Khud ko jo important lage uspe jyada focus karo.
    4. Five members will be there to interview you. Most of them will have no idea about you and ask irrelevant stuff from DAF (job experience, optional etc). For example if you're a primary teacher, be ready to dictate 19 का पहाड़ा even before you're asked to sit.
    5. One member is a psychologist. Based on my observation, he's not there to judge you by your behavior but to ask theoretical questions on personality, traits etc. So devote some time on this as well.
    6. Form vorm bharne ko lekar chill hai Uttar Pradesh commission. So don't worry about anything you may have filled wrong so far...sab kuch fir se bharwaate hain. Including preferences etc.

All the best.
    Feel free to drop in any queries wrt interview.
  • edited November 2018
    raze said:

Congrats to those qualified.

My suggestions:

1. Don't take the interview preparation lightly.
    2. Cover your DAF properly. Brush up graduation subjects, job experience and optional subjects.
    3. Don't fall prey to Rs.200/- interview question notes that will soon prop up in Allahabad once the interview starts. It's good to have an idea of what's being asked but don't focus whole of your time on this. Khud ko jo important lage uspe jyada focus karo.
    4. Five members will be there to interview you. Most of them will have no idea about you and ask irrelevant stuff from DAF (job experience, optional etc). For example if you're a primary teacher, be ready to dictate 19 का पहाड़ा even before you're asked to sit.
    5. One member is a psychologist. Based on my observation, he's not there to judge you by your behavior but to ask theoretical questions on personality, traits etc. So devote some time on this as well.
    6. Form vorm bharne ko lekar chill hai Uttar Pradesh commission. So don't worry about anything you may have filled wrong so far...sab kuch fir se bharwaate hain. Including preferences etc.

All the best.
    Feel free to drop in any queries wrt interview.

just to add something to it, the psychologist may not even ask a single question. But he may try to distract your attention during the interview (while you are answering the question of some other interviewer) to see how you react, he may say that he wants to go to toilet and may stand up to go, he may discuss something with the other silent interviewer so that you lose focus...etc...but you have to just focus on the question and its answer, and not what he/she is doing.

further, there will be one interviewer in the board who will ask you theoretical questions too, ie opinion based, and he may also present his point of view before you answer. Now if your point of view differs from the interviewer's, feel free to disagree, but do it politely, like...sorry sir but I think it is the other way round, or something of that sort. unki chaaplusi karna ya haan me haan milana, just for the sake of it, or for the fear of the interviewer, is a strict no no. But explain your point to their satisfaction and stick to it, no matter what.
    ये वक़्त ना ठहरा है, ये वक़्त ना ठहरेगा |
    यूही गुज़र जाएगा घबराना कैसा |
    हिम्मत से काम लेंगे, घबराना कैसा |
  • edited November 2018
    Main apne experience se sirf 2 baatein kh sakta hun..
    1. Interview board ke members ka ego hurt nahin hona chahiye
    2. Ye dikhana h ki mujhe bs yahi chahiye.isse jyada ya km kuchh v nahin.i mean mera jnm sirf up pcs ke liye hi huaa hai.aur kisi other state ke pcs ke liye nahin.
  • Isme upsc jaisa DAF to nahi bhara tha na humne...koi Naya form ata hai Kya fir me fill karne ko?
  • prachi said:

Isme upsc jaisa DAF to nahi bhara tha na humne...koi Naya form ata hai Kya fir me fill karne ko?

Yes ek naya form Ayega uske saath saare qualifications documents bhejne honge. Mains ke form me detail bhej chuke ho waise
  • Does anyone have idea about when interviews will start? And how do they call...roll number wise or any other criteria?
    TIA
    Human choice is a complicated affair; cognitive biases:framing effects:Mental models:heuristics;
    Winter is Here.
  • mneutron said:

Does anyone have idea about when interviews will start? And how do they call...roll number wise or any other criteria?
    TIA

December 1st week se probably
    Roll no wise
  • Sabhi ko subhkamnayen @superkingg bhai kase ho
    I Can
    I Will
    End of Story!
  • Sabhi ko subhkamnayen @superkingg bhai kase ho

Thank you bhai
    Badhiya , aap batao
  • Thanks all. Are there any interview transcripts for uppsc like those of upsc?
  • Thanks all. Are there any interview transcripts for uppsc like those of upsc?

Someone please share.. if available.
    Human choice is a complicated affair; cognitive biases:framing effects:Mental models:heuristics;
    Winter is Here.
  • mneutron said:

Does anyone have idea about when interviews will start? And how do they call...roll number wise or any other criteria?
    TIA

December 1st week se probably
    Roll no wise
    Thankyou bhai...
    Please guide regarding interview process and preparation.
    Winter is Here.
  • mneutron said:

Thanks all. Are there any interview transcripts for uppsc like those of upsc?

Transcripts to nahi hain. But mere 4-5 dosto see baat hui hai lower PCS se upper PCS tak me selected log hain sab. Sabka yahi manna hai ki interview me focus points yahi jote hain-
    1. Your graduation or post graduation ( if one is post graduate) subjects. ( Last time one of my friends was asked a lot on his post graduation subject Chemistry.
    2. Your optional subjects.
    3. A lot of questions on current affairs specially important terms popular in last one year from economics to international relations.
    4. About Uttar Pradesh development issues.
    5. Your own state ( if you are from other state).
    6. Few questions on hobbies.
  • edited November 2018

mneutron said:

Transcripts to nahi hain. But mere 4-5 dosto see baat hui hai lower PCS se upper PCS tak me selected log hain sab. Sabka yahi manna hai ki interview me focus points yahi jote hain-
    1. Your graduation or post graduation ( if one is post graduate) subjects. ( Last time one of my friends was asked a lot on his post graduation subject Chemistry.
    3. A lot of questions on current affairs specially important terms popular in last one year from economics to international relations.
    Thanks kindness. Your name is very appropriate.

Can we frame questions on up development issues and popular current ?
  • mneutron said:

Thanks a lot.
    Any idea regarding interview schedule?
    Winter is Here.
  • mneutron said:

job kiya ho ,, to job se bhi puchte hai ???
  • 100%

mneutron said:

job kiya ho ,, to job se bhi puchte hai ???
  • Interview English mein Hoga ya Hindi mein ?
  • Interview English mein Hoga ya Hindi mein ?

Hinglish
    ये वक़्त ना ठहरा है, ये वक़्त ना ठहरेगा |
    यूही गुज़र जाएगा घबराना कैसा |
    हिम्मत से काम लेंगे, घबराना कैसा |
  • 10 दिसंबर से..!!
    IMG_20181120_184639.jpg
    486 x 643 - 26K
  • edited November 2018
    This time nobody is sure about the questions pattern/level because almost all the interview boards will have new face.
  • If any one from Delhi, Samkalp Coacing is going to start Mock Interview. But they need atleast 4-5 students. If someone interested, plz comment on me. thanks
  • detailed schedule kab tak aayega?
    Winter is Here.
  • mneutron said:

detailed schedule kab tak aayega?

Next week most probably
  • hi.
    Do they send Interview letters by post or is it online?
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google