ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

OCD : repetitive thoughts

Any body suffering from OCD repetitive thoughts ....please help me how to stop repetitive thoughts....

Comments

• Need_help said:

Any body suffering from OCD repetitive thoughts ....please help me how to stop repetitive thoughts....

What specific thoughts?
  • I used to. Got a way through somehow!

What exactly are these thoughts about..??
    I've deleted my gmail account. So your messages won't reach me. ATB. :)
  • Need_help said:

in short term no solution is available...take medication from psychiatrist...
    for long term,... start all 7 steps of yoga...one by one.... take professional help....here too....
  • If someone angry on me ...what they said ....my mind is repeating continuesly ....
    Or If I have seen news bad / good ...or if iam tensed ... Or if iam anxiety ...or if iam sad or if iam happy
    The situation is anything .....my mind is repeating/chattering continuesly...
    Iam taking to myself continuesly inside my mind ....
    Unable to focus on studies... unable to focus on anything....
  • DuHast said:

Need_help said:

in short term no solution is available...take medication from psychiatrist...
    for long term,... start all 7 steps of yoga...one by one.... take professional help....here too....
    K...you have taken online /offline counselling of psychiatrist...
  • I used to. Got a way through somehow!

How you got away your thoughts
  • Need_help said:

If someone angry on me ...what they said ....my mind is repeating continuesly ....
    Or If I have seen news bad / good ...or if iam tensed ... Or if iam anxiety ...or if iam sad or if iam happy

first things first, your english is poor

for example,

its continuOusly and not continuEsly

its not " i am anxiety ", its i am " anxious"

Many reasons to still remain happy.
  • Working out helps. Join a gym or take up a sport.
  • Need_help said:

If someone angry on me ...what they said ....my mind is repeating continuesly ....

for example,

pardon me .....iam not in a good mood ... so I haven't check the grammar....before posting
  • shivajii said:

Working out helps. Join a gym or take up a sport.

Ok thanks
  • Need_help said:

for example,

Yours is also incorrect.. It is not "its" but "it's" for your statement.. Means it is..
    all i need is You Lord
  • Go for running every day and focus on breathing while running. I run for 40 minutes everyday and I find it very thereputic. I used to have such OCDs myself. I still do... but now I know how to manage it.

Have some hobby other than social media. Try gardening. It teaches patience as you can't have instant results. I do this too.

and lastly, if nothing else helps then have homeopathic medicines. I don't think allopathy should be taken for such problems.
  • Need_help said:

I also have less severe form of OCD ..what I do is I keep on reminding myself that my brain is going in wrong direction and I have to stop that.. That needs practice and with time one WL b able to control that.. Meditation and yoga will make ur mind stable and if u stay more focused then the condition will become less problematic with time..
    Also I try to consider it as a part of my personality and think less about it as a problem which helps me to minimize my over thinking... This is you and you r an amazing person.. If u realize that u will slowly slowly stop repeating the things.. Be aware of this part of ur personality and tell urself that I WL think about it for only 1 min then I WL stop and I can stop...
    Regarding mdcn and all I never tried.. Psychological conditions are best treated with self awareness..
    If u still face the problem after some time then u can go to the psychologist.. They WL help u better..
    all i need is You Lord
  • Need_help said:

I think if its repetitive..ur mind knows d action that u repeat..so doing random things or alter ur routine work from tme to tme might help..
    PS- im not professional, but i can link it to physical excercises..when we do same excercises regularly, we dnt feel pain..whn we do exactly same stuff irregularly, we feel pain..we can connect it to study habit..look brain is d most complicated thing in d world..it uses just 20watt power to funtion, but if u want to mimic ur brain, it takes a nuclear plant to power a city size super computer to produce d same result
    T ↑ [0→1] = T ↓ [1→infinity]
  • doc said:

Need_help said:

for example,

Yours is also incorrect.. It is not "its" but "it's" for your statement.. Means it is..
    :D

• doc said:

Need_help said:

for example,

:D
    :smile:
    all i need is You Lord
  • i thought this was normal..
  • doc said:

Need_help said:

I also have less severe form of OCD ..what I do is I keep on reminding myself that my brain is going in wrong direction and I have to stop that.. That needs practice and with time one WL b able to control that.. Meditation and yoga will make ur mind stable and if u stay more focused then the condition will become less problematic with time..
    Also I try to consider it as a part of my personality and think less about it as a problem which helps me to minimize my over thinking... This is you and you r an amazing person.. If u realize that u will slowly slowly stop repeating the things.. Be aware of this part of ur personality and tell urself that I WL think about it for only 1 min then I WL stop and I can stop...
    Regarding mdcn and all I never tried.. Psychological conditions are best treated with self awareness..
    If u still face the problem after some time then u can go to the psychologist.. They WL help u better..
    +1

c552c6c564d3500b39c1adba1f0a78a9.jpg
    956 x 1280 - 201K
  • Need_help said:

I used to. Got a way through somehow!

How you got away your thoughts
    There is no easy substitute. I used to suffer from a very high degree of OCD, so here is my take on it:

RELABEL: You need to detach yourself from your recurring thoughts. Whenever these thoughts come, tell yourself these are just some thoughts, and they don't represent you. Observe these thoughts as thoughts, and restrain yourself from reacting. You can try like, "This is not me, it's OCD."

REATTRIBUTE: Analyze the cause of these thoughts. It's coz of the biochemical composition of your brain which makes it send these thoughts to you. It's just a biochemical misfiring in your brain.

REFOCUS: Instead of wasting your time on these thoughts, tell yourself you're going to win over them by focussing on something else. Initially get a hobby in which you're interested, and later you can devote your time entirely on your studies.

Remember. It's always a personal battle. You've constantly reassure yourself that you're more than these obsessive thoughts. By training your mind you'll eventually see these thoughts just as thoughts.

OCD is something which is less talked about, but a very severe problem. And it's not just your studies, it has the potential to affect every aspect of your life. So better be equipped now than sorry later.

Build a personality. Join a gym and work out. Get a hobby and devote time to it. There is no substitute to hard work, for this unfair problem we've been blessed with naturally.
    I've deleted my gmail account. So your messages won't reach me. ATB. :)
  • Thank you everyone ....for valuable advise....
  • Need_help said:

Thank you everyone ....for valuable advise....

are u ok now ? relieved of OCD ?

• Generally people prone to OCD have it recurring many times in their lives. It mostly comes when we are really stressed and worried about something. However, it manifests as an OCD regarding something totally different. For eg. If u subconciously are worried about Exam, u might have OCD about Oldage, how u will be all alone. Or contemplate why are u doing all this work if finally u have to die one day. Or something totally silly like why is this person always rude to me, even if they really aren't.
    Don't worry , u realising this is OCD solves half the problem. Just work towards ur goal. Leave no time for ur brain to think all this. Infact, start writing a diary. "Word vomit" all your thoughts and feelings. It will greatly help you. Provide you perspective .
    OCD is really common, however hardly spoken about. Never feel you are beyond redemption. U will be fine :)
  • edited May 28
    Need_help said:

You may be surrounded by unsupportive or unappreciative people.

It's better to be individualistic and a bit snobbish and confine your social circle to people you fully trust as being supportive and appreciative rather than caring for opinions of acquaintances who you think are your friends.

One of the biggest issue youth face is not knowing the difference between an acquaintance, a social media contact, a best friend, a relative, a batch/school mate, a neighbor and a girl/guy you have crush on. Everyone ain't a 'friend'.

Just a harmless thought. Might even help.
    Hibernating for one month... Sweet autumn... Guardians of the Galaxy will be back... ;)
  • Need_help said:

Better to consult a psychiatrist. You'll be given a very mild dosage of medication. It will work wonders.
  • it's a case of anxiety not OCD. vipassana meditation will condition ur mind.

u can avoid chatter of ur mind by indulging urself in studies . maintain consistency. goto morning walk. once in week goto a mall or nearby city and just roam. eat panipuri ,gobi manchuri, pizza etc.

i know the reason why u are going through this i can mention those reasons and cicumstances u are in but i refrain from it.

plz goto a doctor and check ur blood pressure level i bet it will be high.

i repeat vipassana meditation will cure this also if u are facing difficulty sleeping then open ur mouth and try to sleep. u will fall asleep in less than 15 minutes.
    Sabka maalik domino
  • Need_help said:

wahiyaat insaan ho ....sala help ke liye account bana kar sabka samay barbaad kar rahe ho....
    ye hospital hai kya???? ja ka r dr se milo....
    jara sa bhi samaj aata hai tumko....apne swarth ke liye ....itne sare logon ka samay barbaad kar rahe ho ???
    go meet dr.

plz stop the drama...to gather public sympathy.....................................fools we .... those who are wasting time on this here.........
  • people involved here (including me) clearly shows what will happen with them on 3 june.... or maybe all are not test givers here....
  • edited May 28
    @mods ... for god sake....close this sympathy gathering campain .... is forum a hospital for mentally sick humans....??? if something goes wrong with them because of unprofessional advices here.... then who will be responsible??????????????????????
  • doc said:

Need_help said:

for example,

+1
  • Need_help said:

Thank you everyone ....for valuable advise....

are u ok now ? relieved of OCD ?
    it takes at least few months to get rid of it....
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog