We are hiring!

[OPEN TEST] ForumIAS All India Simulator Test -X- 24 May | Online | Offline | Register Immediately

Comments

• Which one of the following statements regarding the river Brahmaputra is not correct?

a It spreads over countries of China, Bhutan, India and Bangladesh.
    b It spreads over the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, West Bengal, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Sikkim.
    c Lohit, Dibang, Subansiri, Jiabharali, Dhansiri, Manas and Teesta are the principal right bank tributaries of the river.
    d While the South bank tributaries are flashy and have steep slopes, the North bank tributaries have deep meandering channels and fine alluvial soils.

is framing of this question ambiguous, because more than one answer seems correct, as the question asks "incorrect."
  • rahulsri said:

rahulsri said:

Ant_Man said:

Ant_Man said:

Regarding the NABH Nirman scheme, which of the following statements is/are correct?

1. It aims to expand airport capacity by more than five times to handle a billion trips in a year.
    2. It is a fully funded scheme of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
    Choose the correct answer using the codes given below:
    a 1 only
    b 2 only
    c Both 1 and 2
    d Neither 1 nor 2

Correct Answer : a
    Your Answer : d

Source : bussiness line
    The Finance Minister is seeking to provide a big push to the country's civil aviation sector, aiming at five-fold growth in passenger traffic to a billion trips a year.

if you intentionally make wordings ambiguous like this, there is no point in givings such mocks! not only this question there were several more.

for example : dominion status one.. how is irwin the answer? :sweat:

I dont understand what is wrong here. Second option is wrong, as it is under PPP
    I'm saying answer should be D ..what I was trying to convey was that questions have been made unnecessarily complicated.

How is cabinet more well defined in constitution than presidents rule ?

Something is wrong in today's paper.. Last mock was excellent in standard or question and solution. Today it feels like it was done in a hurried manner!
    The term 'President's rule' isn't mentioned in constitution. It is emergency under article 356, popularly known as presi rule. Neither are the terms judicial review nor others are defined. So cabinet was the most appropriate option.
    Also that state flag question, Karnataka also has a state flag so that seems wrong to me.
    Karnataka has just formed a committee for state flag, it is upto MHA(central government) to give Karnataka its state flag or not.
  • IMO answer should be Martial Law as it's the only one both mentioned and defined-as-in mode of operation. Cabinet is only mentioned, it's operation is not stated.

Martial law has only been mention but not defined.. (Art 34).. There is no definition as to what exactly is martial law
    We all are the same, till some get to know their potential!
  • ScareCrow said:

IMO answer should be Martial Law as it's the only one both mentioned and defined-as-in mode of operation. Cabinet is only mentioned, it's operation is not stated.

Martial law has only been mention but not defined.. (Art 34).. There is no definition as to what exactly is martial law
    yeh baal ki khaal nikalne wale Qs par dhyan dena band kar do pre se pehle.. ab sirf upsc papers dekho.
    2015- prelims failed by 1 mark
    2016 - missed final list by 9 marks
    2017- missed final list by 4 marks
  • ScareCrow said:

IMO answer should be Martial Law as it's the only one both mentioned and defined-as-in mode of operation. Cabinet is only mentioned, it's operation is not stated.

Best answer can be president's rule IMO
    BLOOD, SWEAT, COURAGE, GLORY.
  • What about SMA question ? Is it correct?
  • Which one of the following statements regarding the river Brahmaputra is not correct?

b It spreads over the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, West Bengal, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Sikkim.
    c Lohit, Dibang, Subansiri, Jiabharali, Dhansiri, Manas and Teesta are the principal right bank tributaries of the river.
    d While the South bank tributaries are flashy and have steep slopes, the North bank tributaries have deep meandering channels and fine alluvial soils.

is framing of this question ambiguous, because more than one answer seems correct, as the question asks "incorrect."

C ?
  • ScareCrow said:

Cabinet is both mentioned and defined in consti. Emergency article defines cabinet as comprising of ministers of cabinet rank.
  • Cremator said:

ScareCrow said:

yeh baal ki khaal nikalne wale Qs par dhyan dena band kar do pre se pehle.. ab sirf upsc papers dekho.
    Bhai ji baal ki khaal nahi nikal raha.. I am just putting forward my view on this.. Ye question maine pehle bhi dekha hai..may be visionias ki test series me
  • edited May 2018

ScareCrow said:

Ant_Man said:

rahulsri said:

Ant_Man said:

Regarding the NABH Nirman scheme, which of the following statements is/are correct?

1. It aims to expand airport capacity by more than five times to handle a billion trips in a year.
    2. It is a fully funded scheme of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
    Choose the correct answer using the codes given below:
    a 1 only
    b 2 only
    c Both 1 and 2
    d Neither 1 nor 2

Correct Answer : a
    Your Answer : d

Source : bussiness line
    The Finance Minister is seeking to provide a big push to the country's civil aviation sector, aiming at five-fold growth in passenger traffic to a billion trips a year.

if you intentionally make wordings ambiguous like this, there is no point in givings such mocks! not only this question there were several more.

for example : dominion status one.. how is irwin the answer? :sweat:

The answer is Lord Irwin indeed. "Deepavali declaration"
    Ye kahan se aagya bhai ! Deepavali DEC !
    Lord Irwin did inforally made a promise for dominion status but angrezo ki sun k fat gayi and he retracted..
    Yes so it can't be counted. August Offer was the first official acceptance of principle of Dominion Status.
    Correct hai sir.. I too marked august offer..
  • Cremator said:

ScareCrow said:

And i agree with u sir.. In ques me time kharab nahi karna chahiye hume.. We shud just revise
  • edited May 2018
    The korea question, Brahmaputra doesn't flow through Bhutan, Virupaksha originating during Lokamahadevi( Chalukya, was there in TN book iirc, or Upinder singh), just some of the ones I can recall on top of my head now. Lokpal C option seemed correct too, Maulana Azad and comrade too.

Was a good paper overall if they didn't make all these mistakes.
  • The korea question, Brahmaputra doesn't flow through Bhutan, Virupaksha originating during Lokamahadevi( Chalukya, was there in TN book iirc, or Upinder singh), just some of the ones I can recall on top of my head now. Was a good paper overall if they didn't make all these mistakes.

May be the Manas river?
  • Cremator said:

Which one of the following statements regarding the river Brahmaputra is not correct?

C ?
    D is the answer, i think they wanted to ask for correct one. Framed it wrong.
  • Wasn't right against arbit punishment and dignified death added to 21 by SC? WTO can as a last resort allow for sanctions against the offending party by the aggrieved too, right?
  • Koi to ans pdf de do yaar.... We will also add our inputs...
  • Cremator said:

Which one of the following statements regarding the river Brahmaputra is not correct?

C ?
    D is the answer, i think they wanted to ask for correct one. Framed it wrong.
    no dhansiri for sure is left hand
  • Koi to ans pdf de do yaar.... We will also add our inputs...

+1
  • Cremator said:

The korea question, Brahmaputra doesn't flow through Bhutan, Virupaksha originating during Lokamahadevi( Chalukya, was there in TN book iirc, or Upinder singh), just some of the ones I can recall on top of my head now. Was a good paper overall if they didn't make all these mistakes.

May be the Manas river?
    Yeah but the Manas isn't the Brahmaputra but joins it in Bodoland, unlike, say, the Siang or the Lohit which are but names of the same in Arunachal. Too hastily drawn together, this paper
  • Cremator said:

C ?
    This is D only... statements are reversed..north bank tributeries are flashy not south bank..here http://www.india-wris.nrsc.gov.in/wrpinfo/index.php?title=Brahmaputra ( river system heading)
  • dvsd said:

Koi to ans pdf de do yaar.... We will also add our inputs...

+1
    There is no answer PDF, those who have given test online can view their performance. For offline one's answer key will be released I think after 6:30 tomorrow.
  • Cremator said:

C ?
    This is D only... statements are reversed..north bank tributeries are flashy not south bank..here http://www.india-wris.nrsc.gov.in/wrpinfo/index.php?title=Brahmaputra ( river system heading)
    Yup even I thought so, All the options are incorrect here.
  • edited May 2018

Cremator said:

C ?
    Does it flow through sikkim? ( option B )
  • rahulsri said:

Cremator said:

C ?
    It should be Brahmaputra river basin, not Brahmaputra river.
    BLOOD, SWEAT, COURAGE, GLORY.
  • 1. Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of India.

2. The Constitution has not specified the maximum period for which a person can be detained in any classes of cases under a preventive detention law.

Which chapter of Laxmi can I find this ? I thought both could make cause states like Maha have their own PDAs, while 3 month time limit exists( which might be provided by law and not in consti)
  • 1. Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of India.

2. The Constitution has not specified the maximum period for which a person can be detained in any classes of cases under a preventive detention law.

Which chapter of Laxmi can I find this ? I thought both could make cause states like Maha have their own PDAs, while 3 month time limit exists( which might be provided by law and not in consti)

Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of "states "

a law of preventive detention for the security of India -> only by parliament.

laxmi 4th ed pg 7.13 right hand side paragraphs.
  • rahulsri said:

Cremator said:

C ?
    It should be Brahmaputra river basin, not Brahmaputra river.
    I also thought so , still C&D both are incorrect. Rehne dete hai iss question koh.

1. Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of India.

FRs art -22, man i knew this that states cant make for security of country but can for state still mafde wrong judgement...chit chit!!
    sayonara

Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of "states "

a law of preventive detention for the security of India -> only by parliament.

laxmi 4th ed pg 7.13 right hand side paragraphs.
    Thanks man, missed out on the India part :/

• Lt_Mamiya said:

1. Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of India.

FRs art -22, man i knew this that states cant make for security of country but can for state still mafde wrong judgement...chit chit!!
    Same man, shit happens. Better to happen now than on 3rd though!

Any idea about Lokpal statement 3?
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly