ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

Most Important Topics for Prelims 2018

Hello Seniors (Already Selected People or People who score way above final cut off in the prelims),

This thread is not a bakar thread, troll janta please stay away (request hai !), this is especially for seniors to guide us. As the prelims is just 35 days away, I humbly request to all the great souls who are finally selected or have cleared the prelims with great margins to share the wisdom with us regarding the following-
  • Most Important topics from each area of static part like environment, economy, polity, geography, modern history, culture etc.
  • List of few important current affairs topics for prelims.
  • How to get the maximum return on investment in the last month of revision ? ( Any Do's and Don'ts. )
I Know people with great analytical skills, do the analysis of previous years papers and get hold on the demand of the CSE prelims, they can do it easily and that's make prelims bit easy for them and they clear the IFoS cut off too. IFoS rank 1, 2017 Vaibhava Srivastava has started a course to guide but that comes with a price ! (Vaibhava sir I am giving you publicity, give me free enrollment in your course :lol: ) On the other hand aspirants who can work like donkeys but fails to clear prelims just because of lack of clear understanding of the demand of the exam and waste their energy on less important areas in the last phase of revisions.

My threads generally don't get much response on the forum platform. I wish This get good enough response to help all the members of forum clear prelims 2018 with flying colors.

PS1: I am not expecting 500 topics ! 100-200 most important topics from you people can change so many lives, this is your moment to change the lives of people.
PS2 : People who think that this thread can benefit them, please bounce the thread as much as possible so that it catches the eyes of selected people.

@Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @root sir, see if this thread fit in the criteria to be an announcement for a while.

रहो धर्म में धीर, रहो कर्म में वीर
रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |

Comments

• Prelims 2019: The time starts now !

https://chromeias.com/civil-services-prelims-focus-group-cs-pfg/

Entrance Exam on 28th Nov.
  • kya sir aap to promotion kar rahe :wink: mere ko free me dilao ye test papers :lol:

रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |
  • kya sir aap to promotion kar rahe :wink: mere ko free me dilao ye test papers :lol:

promotion bhi karna padta hai yar...
    Prelims 2019: The time starts now !

• जबसे राजमाता ने राजमहल से बाहर निकाल दिया है, आपकी बहुत दयनीय हालत हो गयी है, बाहुबली जी.

kya sir aap to promotion kar rahe :wink: mere ko free me dilao ye test papers :lol:

• जबसे राजमाता ने राजमहल से बाहर निकाल दिया है, आपकी बहुत दयनीय हालत हो गयी है, बाहुबली जी.

kya sir aap to promotion kar rahe :wink: mere ko free me dilao ye test papers :lol:

क्या करे मित्र, बेरोजगारी में जुगाड़ ही एक मात्र सहारा होता है | कटप्पा भी तो नहीं है अपने पास :wink:

मेरे प्यारे साथियों इस थ्रेड को जिंदा रखना :heart:
    रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |
  • Ab log inbox me vaibhava sir ke course ke bare me puch rahe, lagta hai ye thread promotional ho gaya !!

रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |
  • Ab log inbox me vaibhava sir ke course ke bare me puch rahe, lagta hai ye thread promotional ho gaya !!

:D
  • edited April 26
    As you used the word revise. Which implies you have covered things atleast once.
    To jo hai use pura revise karte jao.

Mocks in 2-3 day frequency will keep you in sync with relevant topics..

Abhi to prep shuru nahi ki. Next week tak hopefully tumhara thread kafi relevant ho jayega. Jab sab rhythm mein honge.
  • Seed15 said:

As you used the word revise. Which implies you have covered things atleast once.
    To jo hai use pura revise karte jao.

Mocks in 2-3 day frequency will keep you in a rhythm of relevant topics..

Abhi to prep shuru nahi ki. Next week tak hopefully tumhara thread kafi relevent ho jayega. Jab sab rhythm mein honge.

Thanks sir, hope it becomes relevant.
    रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |
  • Last 4 pre with good margin
    My source
    1. Basic books => Laxmikant, G. C leone, india physical environment, india physical geography, introduction to fine art, old ancient nd medieval NCERT history, spectrum, Ramesh singh
    2. Vision 35 test atleast 2 times, make separate notes of their current question
    3. Most important… last 25 years paper(fix in mind ny how)
    4. Survey
    5. IYB new every year
    6. Attempt more than 90 question in ny case
    7. Don’t go after PT 365
    8. There is no short cut or important topic ,
    My source
    1. Basic books => Laxmikant, G. C leone, india physical environment, india physical geography, introduction to fine art, old ancient nd medieval NCERT history, spectrum, Ramesh singh
    2. Vision 35 test atleast 2 times, make separate notes of their current question
    4. Survey
    5. IYB new every year
    7. Don’t go after PT 365

GC Leone :smiley:
    Prelims 2019: The time starts now !

My source
    4. Survey
    5. IYB new every year
    7. Don’t go after PT 365

Thanks sir.
    Will keep in mind your suggestions.

There is no short cut, but still people running courses like most important 400 topics ! That's why I got curious to know such topics and take some advantage in the exam.
    रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |
  • Thank you forumias for making it an announcement.
    रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |
  • Economy
    -------------
    IMF , WB , WTO , Money and banking , Basics ( CAD, BOP)
  • Economy
    -------------
    IMF , WB , WTO , Money and banking , Basics ( CAD, BOP)

thanks sir, added in the economy important topics list. Keep adding whenever you have time.
    रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |
    My source
    4. Survey
    5. IYB new every year
    7. Don’t go after PT 365

why Not PT365 sir? Any specific reason?
    lakshya toh, har haal mein paana hai :)
  • @DrKingSchultz @DrKingSchultz sir your guidance will be much appreciated.
    My source
    4. Survey
    5. IYB new every year
    7. Don’t go after PT 365

GC Leone :smiley:
    :lol: sunny leone ko bhula nahi paya ye :lol:
  • Dead Man said:

@DrKingSchultz @DrKingSchultz sir your guidance will be much appreciated.

+1 Doc sahab please guide us.
    रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |
  • Although m new comer but still I have analysed a lil bit of environment section...
    UNFCCC and all the later developments like KYOTO and its imp provisions(JI,CDM,ET)
    all the COPs where some new initiatives/advancement introduced
    Like BALI summit and ADAPTATION FUND
    Copenhagen summit- Copenhagen accord, REDD, REDD+
    Cancun summit- voluntary mitigation goal for implementation for developing(first time) awa developed countries, green climate fund
    Most IMP(imo) DOHA SUMMIT here amendment proposed in KP.
    UNFCCC NAMA
    CoP 21-NDC(Nationally determined contributions)
    GEF etc etc... UPSC has asked directly/indirectly from this(UNFCCC) every year
  • 12th_pass said:

Although m new comer but still I have analysed a lil bit of environment section...
    UNFCCC and all the later developments like KYOTO and its imp provisions(JI,CDM,ET)
    Cancun summit- voluntary mitigation goal for implementation for developing(first time) awa developed countries, green climate fund
    UNFCCC NAMA

Bacche kitne cute hein...
    Sabka maalik domino
  • Found this video relevant for Ancient History Art and culture
  • nrak said:

Found this video relevant for Ancient History Art and culture

ab rak_assasin ki ID se aao
    sayonara
  • Plz someone post important topics of s&t
  • I did not pass Prelims last time, but my advice, find and solve 1992-2010 Prelims optional papers. Every question of Ancient History in the last 4 years have been directly repeated from History Optional Prelim papers. It's humongous syllabus to do, but it's a foolproof source. Also do Geography (somewhat relevant). For the rest, an extremely thorough IYB+Survey study is enough, with everyday rigorous CA check. You need 0 mocks to pass pre, last year questions came 90% from the sources I mentioned.
    Ave Satan
  • I did not pass Prelims last time, but my advice, find and solve 1992-2010 Prelims optional papers. Every question of Ancient History in the last 4 years have been directly repeated from History Optional Prelim papers. It's humongous syllabus to do, but it's a foolproof source. Also do Geography (somewhat relevant). For the rest, an extremely thorough IYB+Survey study is enough, with everyday rigorous CA check. You need 0 mocks to pass pre, last year questions came 90% from the sources I mentioned.

how come you know about it

• domino said:

12th_pass said:

Although m new comer but still I have analysed a lil bit of environment section...
    UNFCCC NAMA

Bacche kitne cute hein...
    Kya hua Sir apka?

Could you share the papers if you have... Or give the link.
    Prelim-2, Mains-1, Interview- 0.
    Prelim cutoff prediction-
    92-96general
    89-92 obc.

source for previous years history optional pre questions?

so from 1992 to 2010 history prelims paper = 19 papers i.e. 1900 questions.

Ofc questions are going to be repeated.

Or am i getting something wrong ?
    lakshya toh, har haal mein paana hai :)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog