Amateur Writers Club

It is platform to express yourself.

In my opinion, aspirants face two kinds of challenges in Mains exam- one is Content deficit and other is Writing fear and opinion building.

Mainstream test series and UPSC do not allow to develop your writing style or simply, it has its own boundaries.

I am trying to address second issue of Writing fear and opinion building. It is platform where you can write anything related to GS, essay, optional.

Following are conditions-
-Topic should be related to civil services examination
- Don't copy paste articles from other sources. Write your own.
- There is no word limit to write. You can write essay or even one line comment on any issue. Idea is just to write something and coming out of phobia of writing and develop you opinions
- use graphics or cartoons or poetry or whatever medium you want, just remain stick to topics related to exam
- Please do not make BAKAR or write your MANOHAR KATHAYE here

Comments

• edited March 29
    And u think, people will subscribe to your 'dictates'.
    Prelims 2019: The time starts now !

https://chromeias.com/civil-services-prelims-focus-group-cs-pfg/

Entrance Exam on 28th Nov.
  • And aspirants neither face content deficit nor opinion building.. infact these are two things where every serious aspirant is good at.. if not then kindly introspect what are you doing.
  • edited March 29

And u think, people will subscribe to your 'dictates'.

You are already subscribing it by making comment.
  • Golem said:

And aspirants neither face content deficit nor opinion building.. infact these are two things where every serious aspirant is good at.. if not then kindly introspect what are you doing.

Yes sir. I am introspecting . And truly, I am facing those issues. I can speak of myself and not of others.
    Initiative is to search people who are facing same issue. Those who are already doing well can easily avoid this thread.
  • And u think, people will subscribe to your 'dictates'.

You are already subscribing it by making comment.
    Those are not 'dictates'. Simply, you can say suggestions. And no one is forced to follow it. If you have better ideas, you can suggest.
  • I think we should be allowed to write on any topic of our choice in 100 words or so in own words, to display and simultaneously improve our writing skills.

• I think we should be allowed to write on any topic of our choice in 100 words or so in own words, to display and simultaneously improve our writing skills.

Please, write sir. It's only your thread.
  • edited March 29
    Since the ball tampering issue by the Cricket Australia is in news, let me write somethinng on it in approx 100 words on the spot without much thinking. Here it goes :

Selfish and unethical acts seem to be widespread phenomena in every aspect of human life. Whether it’s a case of cheating in an examination, or indulging in theft, pickpocketing, snatching or robbery, or ball tampering, to name a few, the root cause is desire - the desire to win, the desire to acquire.

We are greedy, and our greed makes us indulge in unethical acts. We must realise that there is no end to our desires and hence our greed. The more we get , the more we want.

Being an international cricketer is in itself such a huge achievement; one has already achieved so much in life which billions of people can only dream of. Still, the greed has not subsided, forcing the person to indulge in unethical and illegal acts in an effort to quench the insatiable thirst.

It seems that Gandhiji rightly said that there is enough for everyone’s need but not for greed.

[ 150 words]

• Since the ball tampering issue by the Cricket Australia is in news, let me write somethinng on it in approx 100 words on the spot without much thinking. Here it goes :

Selfish and unethical acts seem to be widespread phenomena in every aspect of human life. Whether it’s a case of cheating in an examination, or indulging in theft, pickpocketing, snatching or robbery, or ball tampering, to name a few, the root cause is desire - the desire to win, the desire to acquire.

We are greedy, and our greed makes us indulge in unethical acts. We must realise that there is no end to our desires and hence our greed. The more we get , the more we want.

Being an international cricketer is in itself such a huge achievement; one has already achieved so much in life which billions of people can only dream of. Still, the greed has not subsided, forcing the person to indulge in unethical and illegal acts in an effort to quench the insatiable thirst.

It seems that Gandhiji rightly said that there is enough for everyone’s need but not for greed.

[ 150 words]

@truthteller Thanks for writing sir. It's really good article.
    I think, this example can be used in Need-greed essay and GS4 questions on leadership
  • Constructive thread..
  • very nice

• Data and market

Privacy is the foremost need of the human and a fundamental right under article 21.Today, in digitize world we are becoming transparent by using various social media or Apps.We are giving minute information about yourself by subscribing to terms and conditions. Selfies, check-in/check-out, dinner, location, gallery access, camera etc, of course, the people don't bother about it but companies/corporate take it seriously and a proper psychological, behavior, interest, and finance profiling is being done.This is not based on one day but a cumulative of 3-5 years.And most of the time what u chose/select, they are right and has the power to mold your opinion through targeted advertising or news. They never miss the right consumer of this information. So you are the right product to sell in the market and you will do what they want.

• ias007 said:

Data and market

Privacy is the foremost need of the human and a fundamental right under article 21.Today, in digitize world we are becoming transparent by using various social media or Apps.We are giving minute information about yourself by subscribing to terms and conditions. Selfies, check-in/check-out, dinner, location, gallery access, camera etc, of course, the people don't bother about it but companies/corporate take it seriously and a proper psychological, behavior, interest, and finance profiling is being done.This is not based on one day but a cumulative of 3-5 years.And most of the time what u chose/select, they are right and has the power to mold your opinion through targeted advertising or news. They never miss the right consumer of this information. So you are the right product to sell in the market and you will do what they want.

Good one......
  • ias007 said:

Data and market

Need improvement
  • https://amarujala.com/delhi-ncr/crime/the-student-preparing-upsc-committed-suicide-in-pg-this-was-the-reason?pageId=1

Sorry. This news is not related to preparation. But I could not resist myself to write.

I just read this news. I am shocked. Guys, this exam is not end of life. Don't take it too much seriously. There are many things to do in life. If you are passing through any issue, please share it with someone, but don't take such step.
  • What is so fascinating about tribal culture?

Tribals are community with distinct lifestyle. It is not necessarily true that they have been isolated throughout. Infact many of the current tribes of central India were intensely integrated to mainstream economy. For example, ahariya tribe were professional blacksmiths. But modern steel plants in colonial times outcompeted them. This led to their ruralisation and consequently isolation. Lack of hinterland infrastructure building further their demobilization. This led to their development in a very peculiar way which noone could anticipate. They use singhi which is funnel shaped instrument for disease curation. On the face of it, it looks like a superstitious practice. But there is a moth inside it. This practice is used as moth therapy in US by health conscious people.
    They are energetic people with immense stamina. They in general outperform crpf while managing hilly areas. Their warm reception and hospitality will amaze any mainstream person.
    They don't like the sympathetic attitude of mainstream. They are not the one out there dying for outreach programs. They have materialistic aspirations. But they dont seem to buy it at the cost of their organic culture. Howsoever important the person be, in Shillong Sunday is meant for church prayers, which no one skips
    Their civic sense is worth admiring. One would be surprised by the near non use of horns even at 1km long jam.
    Hence without doubt though they are distinct yet there is so much to learn from them.
  • Words ni gin rha baith ke :p
  • Seeed said:

Words ni gin rha baith ke :p

word count karni ki zarurat nahi hai baith ke...MS Word doc me type karke yaha paste kar do...wahan number of words automatically count ho jata hai...

• Seeed said:

Words ni gin rha baith ke :p

word count karni ki zarurat nahi hai baith ke...MS Word doc me type karke yaha paste kar do...wahan number of words automatically count ho jata hai...
    Ok. Mene yahi pe type kiya :)
    Next time :+1:
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog