We are hiring!

Maharashtrain in Delhi

2»

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Aiyooooo why so much fuss.
    Man is a social studies animal - Aristotle chacha.

This thread was for finding people similar culture so that Ghar ki yaad zyada na aaye.

People do the same everywhere, the first thing you look for in amarica is an Indian running a hotel, so that you can befriend him and get ghar ka khana.

Even if man goes to Mars mallow , he will search for human uncles among alien aunties.

So chill pah. :mrgreen:
    Saw the passion in my vulnerabilities? Now see the strength in my resolution.
  • edited July 2017

Why this thread is necessary at all?

Can't we imagine the fallout of having similar such threads catering to the needs of fellow aspirants from different regions of the country?

As such, can you imagine the number such thread running simultaneously? Odia, Tamil, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Sindhi, Munda, Nepali, Malyalam, Sanskrit, Tulu, :p etc..

I think it would have been prudent to make a more inclusive thread:

For instance," Find group of fellow aspirants with similar preferences" :D

P.S.- It is my personal opinion. You can go ahead. You may not have thought on this line. After all we have a successful federal country based on linguistic states. :D
    Thank You.

#EkBharatShresthaBharat

Friends, especially friends from Maharashtra and other concerned people..

I did not intend to hurt anyone one. While writing above, following things was going on in my mind:

1. Let me be little bookish.
    2. Let me be little non practical.
    3. Let me write something , because I just wanted to write something.

I am sorry for the above.

Also, I could not anticipate that :

1. Many will extend my arguments too far to question the integrity of yours , I am sorry on behalf of them.
    2. A lightly written statements could create so much furour among many.

My 3 cents:

1. I have firm reason and conviction to believe that India thrives its diversity.
    2. Diversity of India has interwoven unity i.e. unity in diversity.
    3. In principle, enjoyment of individual preferences is the key to the success of democracy.

Lastly, at the stroke of the midnight hour we got the freedom and we have to protect it. Without freedom, especially individual freedom, a nation can't be morally united.

Let us maintain Liberty, Equality and Fraternity!!

Cheers!!

Vashudhaivkatumbakam!!- Mahopanishad. Let us live like a typical family and study for civil servies :D :)

Jai Hind.

• Why this thread is necessary at all?

Can't we imagine the fallout of having similar such threads catering to the needs of fellow aspirants from different regions of the country?

As such, can you imagine the number such thread running simultaneously? Odia, Tamil, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Sindhi, Munda, Nepali, Malyalam, Sanskrit, Tulu, :p etc..

P.S.- It is my personal opinion. You can go ahead. You may not have thought on this line. After all we have a successful federal country based on linguistic states. :D
    Thank You.

#EkBharatShresthaBharat

I did not intend to hurt anyone one. While writing above, following things was going on in my mind:

2. Let me be little no practical.

1. Many will extend my arguments too far to question the integrity of yours , I am sorry on behalf of them.

My 3 cents:

1. I have firm reason and conviction to believe that India thrives its diversity.
    3. In principle, enjoyment of individual preferences is the key to the success of democracy.

Lastly, at the stroke of the midnight hour we got the freedom and we have to protect it. Without freedom a nation can't be morally united.

Cheers!!

Vashudhaivkatumbakam!!- Mahopanishad. Let us live like a typical family and study for civil servies :D :)

Jai Hind.

Anna, with due respect. This is not a case of regionalism as you are perceiving it to be.
    This is just a cultural choice and we are a free country. Just because someone is looking for people from his region, doesnt make it an issue of national integrity.

The first thing a boy coming to south india for his engineering, will do is look for a place that cooks parantha and rajma chawal(just an example, dont consider it as stereotyping :tongue: ) just like they cook in his home. So that he can find the comfort of his home, even if he is miles away.

Its human nature yaar, we look for people with similar background so that we feel at home anywhere and everywhere.
    Things turn bad only when we start comparing cultural and regional identities. Yaha toh aisa kuch nahi ho raha hai. :)
  • edited July 2017

If the marathas had a visionary like Shivaji born again after bajirao and had promoted social reforms and education a century earlier maybe they wouldn't have lost the English wars.In an alternate history had the Europeans failed Marathas were probably the new rulers of entire Indian subcontinent and maybe Marathi and to a lesser extent Sanskrit would have been the major language in the country.Then u could get a lot of Marathi speaking people in north especially delhi.Worst part is MPSC inplace of UPSC,imagine that lulz.

Din me sapne dekhte hue achhe nahi lagte...and Don't glamourise Shivaji..Yad karlo" Sweet ke box me band ho ke kese bhagna pada tha Shivaji ko"...bolna pada bcz this is historical fact..North india me marathi bole ya na bole..but one maharashtra will become UP/Bihar..open your eyes and see the ongoing changes..
  • i am out of this thread now, can see where it is going :D :D :D
  • Why this thread is necessary at all?

Thank You.

#EkBharatShresthaBharat

Everything is great on paper but the reality isn't so rosy. This is a controversial topic, no one wants to talk about. So I won't go deep into it. I can provide hundreds of argument but I will keep it short.

Look at Bollywood so-called Indian film industry. It has become more like Punjabi film industry. It prefers hiring terrible Punjabi actors and ignores the talented ones from other parts of India. Hell they even prefer terrible Pakistani actors over talented actors from say North-East and South India. Why don't people like you confront the likes of Karan Johar and Aditya Chopra?

EK Bharat has Anek Bharats in it. Unfortunately the dominant ethnicity in India wants to Hindi ise rest of us.

@integral_unity and @Jamai Raja

I do accept all your bookish knowledge. I m not denying anything you're saying. I also promote #EkBharatShresthaBharat

Now lets talk about practical things.

1 - Cultural Difference = Accept or deny this fact. But there is cultural difference. You always feel left out. You don't find that you belong here. There are lots of people who will make you feel that.

2 - Language = Most of us can speak hindi, english very well. No language barrier problem. The issues is the context in which we use and which they use and the meaning interpreted by both the sides. This is the problem is faced by all of them.

3- States = I personally have no issues if people are forming the thread on the basis of states or on linguistic basis. This helps the aspirants to cope up or gel up or get rid of there loneliness easily. Because if you have some thing common thing than you can understand each other well. Beside this they can help each other in lots of other way.

Beside that don't categories this into states and language conflict. I m not here to demand separate place or special provision for people belonging to Maharashtra. I m just trying to bring genuine people together if possible they should help them. Don't have this narrow minded approach. Even if people go to abroad they always search for the community the belong. Scientifically proven fact if anything said in your first language you can grasp it much better than being said in other language. I rest my case here.

If the highlighted things are true, then i think you are Preparing for UPSC with MPSC mindset..Because:

1) if u become an IAS and posted in nagaland then what will be your take on problem face by naga people? will you say them learn marathi then I will understood your problem?

2) I think language is not the problem..problem is mindset people.(refer Economic Survey properly :D )

3)if yopu are feeling loneliness in delhi then Definitely you will like out of planet in andaman-nicobar and north eastern state.

4)If you will demand and separate provision for maharashtra then also you will not get...kashmir ko deke bhugat rahe hai..

Delhi is not abroad.Delhi is our Dil..and capital of india...so stop searching community.

Better You prepare for state service..so that all your wish turns in reality..
    1) Is she asking anybody to learn her language or adopt her culture? Is she bad-mouthing anyone? I don't think so.
    I see Hindi native speakers migrating to other states and expecting locals to speak in Hindi. Ofc people like you don't have problem with that. NVM!

2) I definitely agree! Evil mindset can cause a lot of problems. 9 out of 10 cases of gang-rapes, honor killings, caste violence, communal violence and so on reported in media, occur in a particular region of India. It ain't North East, South or West India.

3) I have been to Andaman and North-east. Those places are very scenic and locals very nice. Unfortunately same cannot be said for Delhi.

4) You watch too many KRK bhojpuri movies. No Marathi wants a separate Maharashtra. Although Maharashtra and Marathis have received step motherly treatment from the central government. Comparing Kashmir with Maharashtra is pretty stupid. Kashmir is a small state with tiny population. And almost a million armed forces posted in Kashmir have failed to end the separatist movement in there for almost 3 decades. On other hand Maharashtra is a large state and has about 11 cr people. If Marathis wanted a separate country then we would have easily gotten one. India or any other powerful country cannot cull such a huge separatist movement.

If you want to pick a fight, do it in real life. And not with a girl.

Civilized people like us, respect women.

Delhi is our capital. But it's also the rape and racism capital of the the world. Let's not forget that.

Btw you are question her capability to be a civil servant. Have you look in the mirror? You lose your mind over such trivial issues.

Imagine what would be your reaction as a collector in Tamil Nadu, when a tamilian who does not speak your imaginary Rashtriya Bhaasa comes up to you with his grievances. I hope you won't take your desi katta and shoot him in the head.
    Dear bogusakshay..all your bol bachhan is "bakwas"..you don't deserve any reply..bye.
  • edited July 2017

Thank You.

#EkBharatShresthaBharat

My 3 cents:

Lastly, at the stroke of the midnight hour we got the freedom and we have to protect it. Without freedom a nation can't be morally united.

Cheers!!

Jai Hind.

Anna, with due respect. This is not a case of regionalism as you are perceiving it to be.
    This is just a cultural choice and we are a free country. Just because someone is looking for people from his region, doesnt make it an issue of national integrity.

The first thing a boy coming to south india for his engineering, will do is look for a place that cooks parantha and rajma chawal(just an example, dont consider it as stereotyping :tongue: ) just like they cook in his home. So that he can find the comfort of his home, even if he is miles away.

Its human nature yaar, we look for people with similar background so that we feel at home anywhere and everywhere.
    Things turn bad only when we start comparing cultural and regional identities. Yaha toh aisa kuch nahi ho raha hai. :)
    .ye kya chal rha hai
  • edited July 2017
    bakwas people..bakwas thread..bakwas topic...I will not visit thread again..But i want to claer one thing..
    I am maharashtrian..live in pune, preparing for UPSC/MPSC..
    ithe saglya lokan peksha mi jast marathi bolu sakat hoto, pan tyachi kahi garaj nahi..bcz lok regionilism chya mind set dokyat theun comment karat aahe..tumhi lok shodha tithe marathi people..mi indian shodhnar..
    chala jau dya..sagalyana..mana pasun shubhhechha..bye.
    @mods, @ Drkingschultz @root plzz close this thread..beacuse reginolism is affecting nationalism.
  • If the marathas had a visionary like Shivaji born again after bajirao and had promoted social reforms and education a century earlier maybe they wouldn't have lost the English wars.In an alternate history had the Europeans failed Marathas were probably the new rulers of entire Indian subcontinent and maybe Marathi and to a lesser extent Sanskrit would have been the major language in the country.Then u could get a lot of Marathi speaking people in north especially delhi.Worst part is MPSC inplace of UPSC,imagine that lulz.

Din me sapne dekhte hue achhe nahi lagte...and Don't glamourise Shivaji..Yad karlo" Sweet ke box me band ho ke kese bhagna pada tha Shivaji ko"...bolna pada bcz this is historical fact..North india me marathi bole ya na bole..but one maharashtra will become UP/Bihar..open your eyes and see the ongoing changes..
    North India mein jo apni beti ki daalali kar rahe the woh toh bade bahadur the na tere jaise.

Aise toh Gujrat, Punjab aur punjab bhi banega UP aur Bihar. Ab bangalore aur chenna bhi barbaad hone laga issi karan. Kya kare ab?

Thank You.

#EkBharatShresthaBharat

Everything is great on paper but the reality isn't so rosy. This is a controversial topic, no one wants to talk about. So I won't go deep into it. I can provide hundreds of argument but I will keep it short.

Look at Bollywood so-called Indian film industry. It has become more like Punjabi film industry. It prefers hiring terrible Punjabi actors and ignores the talented ones from other parts of India. Hell they even prefer terrible Pakistani actors over talented actors from say North-East and South India. Why don't people like you confront the likes of Karan Johar and Aditya Chopra?

EK Bharat has Anek Bharats in it. Unfortunately the dominant ethnicity in India wants to Hindi ise rest of us.

@integral_unity and @Jamai Raja

I do accept all your bookish knowledge. I m not denying anything you're saying. I also promote #EkBharatShresthaBharat

Now lets talk about practical things.

1 - Cultural Difference = Accept or deny this fact. But there is cultural difference. You always feel left out. You don't find that you belong here. There are lots of people who will make you feel that.

2 - Language = Most of us can speak hindi, english very well. No language barrier problem. The issues is the context in which we use and which they use and the meaning interpreted by both the sides. This is the problem is faced by all of them.

3- States = I personally have no issues if people are forming the thread on the basis of states or on linguistic basis. This helps the aspirants to cope up or gel up or get rid of there loneliness easily. Because if you have some thing common thing than you can understand each other well. Beside this they can help each other in lots of other way.

Beside that don't categories this into states and language conflict. I m not here to demand separate place or special provision for people belonging to Maharashtra. I m just trying to bring genuine people together if possible they should help them. Don't have this narrow minded approach. Even if people go to abroad they always search for the community the belong. Scientifically proven fact if anything said in your first language you can grasp it much better than being said in other language. I rest my case here.

If the highlighted things are true, then i think you are Preparing for UPSC with MPSC mindset..Because:

1) if u become an IAS and posted in nagaland then what will be your take on problem face by naga people? will you say them learn marathi then I will understood your problem?

2) I think language is not the problem..problem is mindset people.(refer Economic Survey properly :D )

3)if yopu are feeling loneliness in delhi then Definitely you will like out of planet in andaman-nicobar and north eastern state.

4)If you will demand and separate provision for maharashtra then also you will not get...kashmir ko deke bhugat rahe hai..

Delhi is not abroad.Delhi is our Dil..and capital of india...so stop searching community.

Better You prepare for state service..so that all your wish turns in reality..
    1) Is she asking anybody to learn her language or adopt her culture? Is she bad-mouthing anyone? I don't think so.
    I see Hindi native speakers migrating to other states and expecting locals to speak in Hindi. Ofc people like you don't have problem with that. NVM!

2) I definitely agree! Evil mindset can cause a lot of problems. 9 out of 10 cases of gang-rapes, honor killings, caste violence, communal violence and so on reported in media, occur in a particular region of India. It ain't North East, South or West India.

3) I have been to Andaman and North-east. Those places are very scenic and locals very nice. Unfortunately same cannot be said for Delhi.

4) You watch too many KRK bhojpuri movies. No Marathi wants a separate Maharashtra. Although Maharashtra and Marathis have received step motherly treatment from the central government. Comparing Kashmir with Maharashtra is pretty stupid. Kashmir is a small state with tiny population. And almost a million armed forces posted in Kashmir have failed to end the separatist movement in there for almost 3 decades. On other hand Maharashtra is a large state and has about 11 cr people. If Marathis wanted a separate country then we would have easily gotten one. India or any other powerful country cannot cull such a huge separatist movement.

If you want to pick a fight, do it in real life. And not with a girl.

Civilized people like us, respect women.

Delhi is our capital. But it's also the rape and racism capital of the the world. Let's not forget that.

Btw you are question her capability to be a civil servant. Have you look in the mirror? You lose your mind over such trivial issues.

Imagine what would be your reaction as a collector in Tamil Nadu, when a tamilian who does not speak your imaginary Rashtriya Bhaasa comes up to you with his grievances. I hope you won't take your desi katta and shoot him in the head.
    Dear bogusakshay..all your bol bachhan is "bakwas"..you don't deserve any reply..bye.
    Yeh reply toh de diya na bhaiyya ji. Fir aisa kaahe bol rahe ho babua?
  • If the marathas had a visionary like Shivaji born again after bajirao and had promoted social reforms and education a century earlier maybe they wouldn't have lost the English wars.In an alternate history had the Europeans failed Marathas were probably the new rulers of entire Indian subcontinent and maybe Marathi and to a lesser extent Sanskrit would have been the major language in the country.Then u could get a lot of Marathi speaking people in north especially delhi.Worst part is MPSC inplace of UPSC,imagine that lulz.

Just 2 months before prelims, to 'recharge' myself, I visited Mumbai with my family and stayed at my best friend who happened to be a Marathi, from Marathwada settled in Navi Mumbai.
    My wife had only 1 question, why almost all the prominent streets, chaurahas, Airport, Railway Station, Zoo, etc. named after a single personality.
    I took her to Kurla Station, asked her to google about the person on whom it was renamed. She was still not convinced. Then I had to open Sekhar Bandyopadhyay and explained her boring historical details about Tilak's way of uniting Maharashtrians against a common enemy wherein he had to 'revive' Shivaji and Ganesha festival.
  • @DrKingSchultz bhai band kar do yaar, yaha phir lad lenge log. already glimpses.
  • Shhhh.
    Ek ladki ne fellow Maharashtrians ko contact karne ka try kiya aur kuchh log gobar kar diye ekdum.
    Padh lo yaaro.
    Live and let live.
    (The thread will not close, but banning errant profiles is a serious possibility.)
    Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Government of Gujarat.
    Prelims - 6*; Mains - 3; Interviews - 2; Rank - NA.
    "Apna Time Aayega"
  • edited July 2017

Thank You.

#EkBharatShresthaBharat

My 3 cents:

Cheers!!

Jai Hind.

Brother,

I am not perceiving is as the case of regionalism.

I fully agree with all of your other points.

Thanx

Let us study for mains friends.

• edited July 2017

Shhhh.
    Ek ladki ne fellow Maharashtrians ko contact karne ka try kiya aur kuchh log gobar kar diye ekdum.
    Padh lo yaaro.
    Live and let live.
    (The thread will not close, but banning errant profiles is a serious possibility.)

@DrKingSchultz sir...do not ban me. Hope you will consider the mens rea.

I am ready to say sorry...for any unintended damage that have been done.

@Priyanka_Tawde and others who felt bad I am sorry for any damage.

• haha some imbeciles here think they know about indian history and it's great martyrs after reading fraudulent ncert books lul.Mods please close this thread as it has potential to go bad.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • Shhhh.
    Padh lo yaaro.
    Live and let live.

It wasn't directed specifically at you, my friend. It was a general warning.

I'm amazed why people find it so difficult just to ignore such threads if they don't like them.

Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Government of Gujarat.
    Prelims - 6*; Mains - 3; Interviews - 2; Rank - NA.
    "Apna Time Aayega"
  • Shhhh.
    Padh lo yaaro.
    Live and let live.

It wasn't directed specifically at you, my friend. It was a general warning.

I'm amazed why people find it so difficult just to ignore such threads if they don't like them.

coz they think tolerance is eating biryani with their friend..
  • Shhhh.
    Padh lo yaaro.
    Live and let live.

Sahi kaha doctor sahab.
    Ek ladki just apne logo se connect hona chahti hai to isme bura kya hai ?

Log yaha regionalism se lekar shivaji maharaj tak chale gaye.

Ek bhai sahab ne to shivaji maharaj ko bhagana pada yaha tak likh diya.

Simple thread tha usko complicated bana diya.

logo ko ek suggestion : If you are not want to help her then don't follow thread.
    From the land of tiger and Coal | Supporter of Vidarbha State | Just another Engineer
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly