We are hiring!

Maharashtrain in Delhi

Greetings Everyone,

The motive of making this thread is to bring all the Maharashtrain people together and to help each other in the preparation journey.

In the past two months I have not came across any Maharashtrain in Delhi. If any aspirants is present then to do comment and make your presence felt.

Beside this I'm also looking for serious company to prepare with. I m in Delhi for test series and not for coaching.

Hope someone will reply.
Thank you

Comments

• You wont need this thread....just visit the gol chakkar chai wala in just chai time(5-6pm)...
    Everyone one in my discussion grp is from MH
  • Greetings Everyone,

The motive of making this thread is to bring all the Maharashtrain people together and to help each other in the preparation journey.

In the past two months I have not came across any Maharashtrain in Delhi. If any aspirants is present then to do comment and make your presence felt.

Beside this I'm also looking for serious company to prepare with. I m in Delhi for test series and not for coaching.

Hope someone will reply.
    Thank you

It's nice to see Maharashtrian in Delhi. I am planning to join November batch of vajiram and shifting to Delhi in November. Do remain in contact.
  • Lionheart said:

You wont need this thread....just visit the gol chakkar chai wala in just chai time(5-6pm)...

Thanks for your response. I stay in Model Town.

Where is this gol chakkar ? I guess it might be in ORN
  • Lionheart said:

You wont need this thread....just visit the gol chakkar chai wala in just chai time(5-6pm)...

Thanks for your response. I stay in Model Town.

Where is this gol chakkar ? I guess it might be in ORN

ya its the centre spot prime discussion centre of ORN
  • gt2015 said:

Greetings Everyone,

Hope someone will reply.
    Thank you

It's nice to see Maharashtrian in Delhi. I am planning to join November batch of vajiram and shifting to Delhi in November. Do remain in contact.

I would definitely be in contact. Hope your preparation are going well..
  • anyone for shubhra ranjan mam test series ?
  • ORN madhe shodha tawde madam... khup marathi lok bhettil...mini maharashtrach jhala ahe te B)
  • Eiago said:

ORN madhe shodha tawde madam... khup marathi lok bhettil...mini maharashtrach jhala ahe te B)

Thank you

• edited July 2017
    Why this thread is necessary at all?

Can't we imagine the fallout of having similar such threads catering to the needs of fellow aspirants from different regions of the country?

As such, can you imagine the number such thread running simultaneously? Odia, Tamil, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Sindhi, Munda, Nepali, Malyalam, Sanskrit, Tulu, :p etc..

I think it would have been prudent to make a more inclusive thread:

For instance," Find group of fellow aspirants with similar preferences" :D

P.S.- It is my personal opinion. You can go ahead. You may not have thought on this line. After all we have a successful federal country based on linguistic states. :D
    Thank You.

#EkBharatShresthaBharat
  • I'm planning to move to Delhi in late July or early August , anyone from MH with similar plans ?

@Priyanka_Tawde thanks for starting this thread
  • edited July 2017
    @Priyanka_Tawde mi marathi in orn. Appearing for mains 17...would like to help each other
  • @Priyanka_Tawde what you think delhi is outsite of India? Why you are searching Maharashtrian people..my so many friend live in ORN..but they never search and made thread like dis..and one friend living wid Jharkhandi person..madam think like an IAS officer..wherever you r..think only for india..and indian..

p.S..this is my personal opinion..bura lage to sorry..
  • @integral_unity and @Jamai Raja

I do accept all your bookish knowledge. I m not denying anything you're saying. I also promote #EkBharatShresthaBharat

Now lets talk about practical things.

1 - Cultural Difference = Accept or deny this fact. But there is cultural difference. You always feel left out. You don't find that you belong here. There are lots of people who will make you feel that.

2 - Language = Most of us can speak hindi, english very well. No language barrier problem. The issues is the context in which we use and which they use and the meaning interpreted by both the sides. This is the problem is faced by all of them.

3- States = I personally have no issues if people are forming the thread on the basis of states or on linguistic basis. This helps the aspirants to cope up or gel up or get rid of there loneliness easily. Because if you have some thing common thing than you can understand each other well. Beside this they can help each other in lots of other way.

Beside that don't categories this into states and language conflict. I m not here to demand separate place or special provision for people belonging to Maharashtra. I m just trying to bring genuine people together if possible they should help them. Don't have this narrow minded approach. Even if people go to abroad they always search for the community the belong. Scientifically proven fact if anything said in your first language you can grasp it much better than being said in other language. I rest my case here.

I do accept all your bookish knowledge. I m not denying anything you're saying. I also promote #EkBharatShresthaBharat

1 - Cultural Difference = Accept or deny this fact. But there is cultural difference. You always feel left out. You don't find that you belong here. There are lots of people who will make you feel that.

2 - Language = Most of us can speak hindi, english very well. No language barrier problem. The issues is the context in which we use and which they use and the meaning interpreted by both the sides. This is the problem is faced by all of them.

3- States = I personally have no issues if people are forming the thread on the basis of states or on linguistic basis. This helps the aspirants to cope up or gel up or get rid of there loneliness easily. Because if you have some thing common thing than you can understand each other well. Beside this they can help each other in lots of other way.

Beside that don't categories this into states and language conflict. I m not here to demand separate place or special provision for people belonging to Maharashtra. I m just trying to bring genuine people together if possible they should help them. Don't have this narrow minded approach. Even if people go to abroad they always search for the community the belong. Scientifically proven fact if anything said in your first language you can grasp it much better than being said in other language. I rest my case here.

+1 Argumentative Indian!
  • edited July 2017

@integral_unity and @Jamai Raja

Once in a Civil service interview, Mr. Purushottam Aggrawal asked a person studied in IIT Madras and lived there for 6 years- Why you couldnt learn Tamil in 6 years when so many South Indians living in North learn Hindi..
    {His score was supposedly poor 165/300...}

Consequently, all the blah bhah you explained (language, state, culture) - is nothing but just lame excuses (not in my opinion but as per the opninion of the UPSC member who is the authority going to take your exam.. The points(excuses) you produced are not even worth a read..

You cant escape producing any argument... The case will be rested only when you tender apology accepting "you have wrong mindset" that needs a change for being a civil servant.. Having attitude of 'accepting your flaws' will only reform you as a person...

Agar abhi bhi samajh nahi aayi baat, and you are rigid even now after explaining so much, I am sure that even after you become civil servant "by mistake" / "galati se", then public definitely sudhaar degi kyunki :D -

and they are will not be Ias aspirants who talk argumentatively

If the highlighted things are true, then i think you are Preparing for UPSC with MPSC mindset..Because:

1) if u become an IAS and posted in nagaland then what will be your take on problem face by naga people? will you say them learn marathi then I will understood your problem?

2) I think language is not the problem..problem is mindset people.(refer Economic Survey properly :D )

3)if yopu are feeling loneliness in delhi then Definitely you will like out of planet in andaman-nicobar and north eastern state.

4)If you will demand and separate provision for maharashtra then also you will not get...kashmir ko deke bhugat rahe hai..

Delhi is not abroad.Delhi is our Dil..and capital of india...so stop searching community.

Better You prepare for state service..so that all your wish turns in reality..
  • edited July 2017
    bhaiya tension na lo, ye public hai public- sudhaar degi do din me jada se jada do hafte me aise idiot regional mindset wale ko..
    "kya neta kya abhineta de janata ko jo dhokha
    pal me shoharat ud jaaye yu ek pavan ka jhonka"

• edited July 2017
    haha, wtf...
    is thread ka purpose bohot simple tha yaaro , madam just wanted to connect with people from maharashtra since she is feeling lonly in Delhi, probably home sick too, nothing wrong with that.
    keep that simple... isme overtly sensitive hone ki zaroorat nahi hai... B)

Once in a Civil service interview, Mr. Purushottam Aggrawal asked a person studied in IIT Madras and lived there for 6 years- Why you couldnt learn Tamil in 6 years when so many South Indians living in North learn Hindi..
    {His score was supposedly poor 165/300...}

Consequently, all the blah bhah you explained (language, state, culture) - is nothing but just lame excuses (not in my opinion but as per the opninion of the UPSC member who is the authority going to take your exam.. The points(excuses) you produced are not even worth a read..

You cant escape producing any argument... The case will be rested only when you tender apology accepting "you have wrong mindset" that needs a change for being a civil servant.. Having attitude of 'accepting your flaws' will only reform you as a person...

Agar abhi bhi samajh nahi aayi baat, and you are rigid even now after explaining so much, I am sure that even after you become civil servant "by mistake" / "galati se", then public definitely sudhaar degi kyunki :D -

and they are will not be Ias aspirants who talk argumentatively

If the highlighted things are true, then i think you are Preparing for UPSC with MPSC mindset..Because:

1) if u become an IAS and posted in nagaland then what will be your take on problem face by naga people? will you say them learn marathi then I will understood your problem?

2) I think language is not the problem..problem is mindset people.(refer Economic Survey properly :D )

3)if yopu are feeling loneliness in delhi then Definitely you will like out of planet in andaman-nicobar and north eastern state.

4)If you will demand and separate provision for maharashtra then also you will not get...kashmir ko deke bhugat rahe hai..

Delhi is not abroad.Delhi is our Dil..and capital of india...so stop searching community.

Why you guys are creating issue out of nothing ? She is just asking for some collaboration with the fellow aspirants and not demanding any 'separate state' on linguistic basis in Delhi. By the way similar threads are already running on the forum. If you have any problems please don't visit this thread.
  • edited July 2017
    Eiago said:

haha, wtf...
    is thread ka purpose bohot simple tha yaaro , madam just wanted to connect with people from maharashtra since she is feeling lonly in Delhi, probably home sick too, nothing wrong with that.

he marathi maanush, bhasha ka prayog dhang se karo, jada wtf wtf na karo, achcha nahi lagta, wtf sablu tf..

upar kisi ne slang words use nahi kiye.. apne apne arguments bas rakhe hain.. this is the problem, bahut jaldi provoke ho jate ho aur garam dimaag me aa jate ho aap log sahi but kadwi baat sunne par..

I rest my case with the words of Great Hindi Poet Shri Harivanshrai Bachchan-
    असफलता एक चुनौती है, इसे स्वीकार करो,
    क्या कमी रह गई, देखो और सुधार करो।
  • Eiago said:

haha, wtf...

he marathi maanush, bhasha ka prayog dhang se karo, jada wtf wtf na karo, achcha nahi lagta, wtf sablu tf..

upar kisi ne slang words use nahi kiye.. apne apne arguments bas rakhe hain.. this is the problem, bahut jaldi provoke ho jate ho aur garam dimaag me aa jate ho aap log sahi but kadwi baat sunne par..

I rest my case with the words of Great Hindi Poet Shri Harivanshrai Bachchan-
    असफलता एक चुनौती है, इसे स्वीकार करो,
    क्या कमी रह गई, देखो और सुधार करो।
    haha... wtf (why this feeling?) again... :D

koi provoke nahi hua balak... tum jis prakar forcefully ladna chah rahe ho ek choti si baat pe, usse yahi pratit hota hai ki kadwahat humare nahi tumhare dil mai basi hui hai...
    khair mujhe nahi lagta ki tum koi baat samjh paoge... so kripa karke apne anmol pravachan yaha pe dete rahiye :D
  • just in casae... :trollface:

Roopmati cut off

Gen 104

OBC 103.66

SC 103.33

ST 103

This is known as cut throat compitition...
  • edited July 2017
    If the marathas had a visionary like Shivaji born again after bajirao and had promoted social reforms and education a century earlier maybe they wouldn't have lost the English wars.In an alternate history had the Europeans failed Marathas were probably the new rulers of entire Indian subcontinent and maybe Marathi and to a lesser extent Sanskrit would have been the major language in the country.Then u could get a lot of Marathi speaking people in north especially delhi.Worst part is MPSC inplace of UPSC,imagine that lulz.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • edited July 2017

Why this thread is necessary at all?

Can't we imagine the fallout of having similar such threads catering to the needs of fellow aspirants from different regions of the country?

As such, can you imagine the number such thread running simultaneously? Odia, Tamil, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Sindhi, Munda, Nepali, Malyalam, Sanskrit, Tulu, :p etc..

I think it would have been prudent to make a more inclusive thread:

For instance," Find group of fellow aspirants with similar preferences" :D

P.S.- It is my personal opinion. You can go ahead. You may not have thought on this line. After all we have a successful federal country based on linguistic states. :D
    Thank You.

#EkBharatShresthaBharat

Everything is great on paper but the reality isn't so rosy. This is a controversial topic, no one wants to talk about. So I won't go deep into it. I can provide hundreds of argument but I will keep it short.

Look at Bollywood so-called Indian film industry. It has become more like Punjabi film industry. It prefers hiring terrible Punjabi actors and ignores the talented ones from other parts of India. Hell they even prefer terrible Pakistani actors over talented actors from say North-East and South India. Why don't people like you confront the likes of Karan Johar and Aditya Chopra?

EK Bharat has Anek Bharats in it. Unfortunately the dominant ethnicity in India wants to Hindi ise rest of us.

1) Is she asking anybody to learn her language or adopt her culture? Is she bad-mouthing anyone? I don't think so.
    I see Hindi native speakers migrating to other states and expecting locals to speak in Hindi. Ofc people like you don't have problem with that. NVM!

2) I definitely agree! Evil mindset can cause a lot of problems. 9 out of 10 cases of gang-rapes, honor killings, caste violence, communal violence and so on reported in media, occur in a particular region of India. It ain't North East, South or West India.

3) I have been to Andaman and North-east. Those places are very scenic and locals very nice. Unfortunately same cannot be said for Delhi.

4) You watch too many KRK bhojpuri movies. No Marathi wants a separate Maharashtra. Although Maharashtra and Marathis have received step motherly treatment from the central government. Comparing Kashmir with Maharashtra is pretty stupid. Kashmir is a small state with tiny population. And almost a million armed forces posted in Kashmir have failed to end the separatist movement in there for almost 3 decades. On other hand Maharashtra is a large state and has about 11 cr people. If Marathis wanted a separate country then we would have easily gotten one. India or any other powerful country cannot cull such a huge separatist movement.

If you want to pick a fight, do it in real life. And not with a girl.

Civilized people like us, respect women.

Delhi is our capital. But it's also the rape and racism capital of the the world. Let's not forget that.

Btw you are question her capability to be a civil servant. Have you look in the mirror? You lose your mind over such trivial issues.

Imagine what would be your reaction as a collector in Tamil Nadu, when a tamilian who does not speak your imaginary Rashtriya Bhaasa comes up to you with his grievances. I hope you won't take your desi katta and shoot him in the head.
  • If the marathas had a visionary like Shivaji born again after bajirao and had promoted social reforms and education a century earlier maybe they wouldn't have lost the English wars.In an alternate history had the Europeans failed Marathas were probably the new rulers of entire Indian subcontinent and maybe Marathi and to a lesser extent Sanskrit would have been the major language in the country.Then u could get a lot of Marathi speaking people in north especially delhi.Worst part is MPSC inplace of UPSC,imagine that lulz.

Bro..You really need to work hard on our optional...So many 'if's and 'maybe's deludes your argument to mediocre level
  • @Lionheart it was not meant to be taken seriously!If I wanted I could post a detailed write-up about it.Yes I'm fascinated by alternate history and it has absolutely nothing to do with my optional or history as we know it.The so called argument was only a dumbed down version of what might have been.Anyways chala abhyas karu zorat sagle aata.
  • @Lionheart it was not meant to be taken seriously!If I wanted I could post a detailed write-up about it.Yes I'm fascinated by alternate history and it has absolutely nothing to do with my optional or history as we know it.The so called argument was only a dumbed down version of what might have been.Anyways chala abhyas karu zorat sagle aata.

:+1:
    had nazis won war pan ek alternate history ahe...mast ekdum.. pan mains nantar wachna changla rahil
  • People, don't flame.
    Live and let live.
    Peace.
    Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Government of Gujarat.
    Prelims - 6*; Mains - 3; Interviews - 2; Rank - NA.
    "Apna Time Aayega"
  • Eiago said:

@Lionheart it was not meant to be taken seriously!If I wanted I could post a detailed write-up about it.Yes I'm fascinated by alternate history and it has absolutely nothing to do with my optional or history as we know it.The so called argument was only a dumbed down version of what might have been.Anyways chala abhyas karu zorat sagle aata.

:+1:
    had nazis won war pan ek alternate history ahe...mast ekdum.. pan mains nantar wachna changla rahil
    There used to be an alt history series on history channel when I was in Clg.My passion picked up from there and yes usually it featured episodes from post ww2 scenario where axis powers won!There was also other stuff like if rome never fell or Mongols successfully conquering Europe.Absolutely fascinating stuff it was and one can actually see how thin lines separate the different outcomes.Must read/watch novels+series on YouTube for history buffs when they are free!

• edited July 2017
    I have been quietly following this thread since it started. I opened it because I knew it would show me exactly the content that it's showing- a simple query behind which intentions may or may not be what we are thinking.

In my decade long stay in Delhi, I have noticed one thing at ORN. People from a certain state who emphasise on their "o" pronounciations , will talk only amongst each other. A certain state that loves a rice crepe based delicacy will only hang out with each other. People from a certain sorority would completely turn blank with a poker face on encountering other people as if they didn't know how to interact etc etc.. in my experience, it was only me (bihari) and my friend(Kashmiri) who stuck with each other because we came from the same state (of mind) I.e crazy stupid fun loving kids.

I do not mean this in a negative way. Everybody was rather nice to each other otherwise. (Maharashtrians were esp nice to me... lol)

I think as long as people are not spreading hatred towards each other, it should be fine hanging out with your community. Delhi is a strange and sometimes brutally cold city, one may need some warmth from back home. It's also good for practical purposes just in case u land ur ass in trouble, people from ur own state may be better able to help out like informing ur parents etc.

I myself felt like it would be a little better if I had a bihari Fren when I moved to Delhi all alone when I was 15. But I couldn't find a single bihari person around me ( hahahahahaha, sounds untrue right)...

But it was probably for the best. I opened up to people from all the states and had first hand experience of their culture. Except for a few hundred super hurtful ignorant comments, people have been actually very kind to me. I won't say it changed my perception of people from other states, because to begin with I had no perception of them. But I can confidently say I changed their perception about mine at least to some extent.

In conclusion, if anybody feels a little uneasy at this thread, the only thing you can do about it is do your best to act the opposite in your private lives.

Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly