We are hiring!

Thread for post-prelims Discussions

Comments

• tuio said:

Even if we were to go by the ncert text, how can one conclude that the cabinet form of government is there because the work of the government is increasing day by day? Doesn't the text say that because it's not practical for all the ministers to meet often we have a smaller body in the from of a cabinet for decision making? Are both the statements saying the same thing? It's a genuine doubt.

I have read cabinet manual of british goverment and cabinet handbook of australian goverment this speedy was not even a reason for cabinet form of goverment..

Principles of collective Cabinet government 4.1 Cabinet is the ultimate decision-making body of government. The purpose of Cabinet and its committees is to provide a framework for ministers to consider and make collective decisions on policy issues. Cabinet and its committees are established by convention but it is a matter for the incumbent government to determine the specic arrangements for collective decision-making.
    अब कोई बताये इसमें कहा लिखा हैं इस फ्रेमवर्क को 2 min मैग्गी की तरह स्पीडी करना हैं ये कहाँ से निष्कर्ष निकलता हैं
  • edited June 2017
    fakeid said:

tuio said:

Even if we were to go by the ncert text, how can one conclude that the cabinet form of government is there because the work of the government is increasing day by day? Doesn't the text say that because it's not practical for all the ministers to meet often we have a smaller body in the from of a cabinet for decision making? Are both the statements saying the same thing? It's a genuine doubt.

I have read cabinet manual of british goverment and cabinet handbook of australian goverment this speedy was not even a reason for cabinet form of goverment..

Principles of collective Cabinet government 4.1 Cabinet is the ultimate decision-making body of government. The purpose of Cabinet and its committees is to provide a framework for ministers to consider and make collective decisions on policy issues. Cabinet and its committees are established by convention but it is a matter for the incumbent government to determine the specic arrangements for collective decision-making.
    अब कोई बताये इसमें कहा लिखा हैं इस फ्रेमवर्क को 2 min मैग्गी की तरह स्पीडी करना हैं ये कहाँ से निष्कर्ष निकलता हैं
    speedy with cabinet comes only when it is compared with larger council of minister. As consensus needs to be build among lesser number of people. But as such cabinet is not based on princeiple of speedy work which is increasing day by day. Anyways one more thing I felt was laughing when I read this statement in paper and first thing that came to my mind is "upsc chutia samajh rakhi hai kya?"
  • Has proclamation of president rule question sufficiently dissected? Check the screenshot. The answer may be 1,2 and 3
    IMG-20170629-WA0000.jpg
    1280 x 715 - 111K
  • vignesh said:

Has proclamation of president rule question sufficiently dissected? Check the screenshot. The answer may be 1,2 and 3

Illa Machi 1 n 3 only
    when is the climax?..... err.... its kinda anticlimax now..
  • Furan said:

The question was definitely taken from "The ancient history"- Rama Shankar Tripathi.
    I think this should solve the controversy now..

P.S.- was not able to find the screenshot on forum..

bhai ye to tumne final hi kr dia iska ans..
    mere 2.66 minus kra diye..
    vignesh said:

Has proclamation of president rule question sufficiently dissected? Check the screenshot. The answer may be 1,2 and 3

Quite probable dude ... afterall its about current affairs and Bommai case was in news recently due to arunachal and uttarakhand issue ..hmmm
  • vignesh said:

I also feel so and that's why I marked it 1,2,3. Council of ministers may not be removed necessarily even if president's rule is invoked. There are other options too which the governor may look for, without removing com. Bommai judgement also favors this. Requesting people to discuss this too with sincerity.
    ये वक़्त ना ठहरा है, ये वक़्त ना ठहरेगा |
    यूही गुज़र जाएगा घबराना कैसा |
    हिम्मत से काम लेंगे, घबराना कैसा |
  • edited June 2017
    Wait hum prez rule par BHI ungli utha Rahe HAIN ... Ye BHI controversial question hai??? Kisi key mein ISKA diff answer hai Kya?? Iska TOH saare keys mein 1,2,3 answer hai na?

• andy133 said:

andy133 said:

Vaise likh ke le lo ek aur qsn hai jisma answer sab keys ka galat hoga wo hai national career services. Uska answer d hoga...zabrdasti galat maanna pad ra ha wo mujhe but in the end it will be D

Bhai even i marked D but wo uneducated word hi dia tha trick krne ko...sb jaante the ki berozgar logo k liye hain... uneducated only likha rehta to baat banti...kaafi logo ne d mark kia hai ncs ka
    Bhai upsc aise trick nahi karta. Aur ye unedu unemployed to baad ki baat hai. The stmtm says that it has been launched in Mission mode to provide employment to unedu youth. Isliye thodi na launch hua tha ncs. It was launched with an aim to provide a bridge between employer and prosp employees.
    Matlab isko launch karne ka maksad unedu ko rozgar dena nahi tha balki har kisi ko ek platform dena tha.
    Ditto.with you brother. Some fallacious interpretation by the coaching waalas. Sometimes they exclude the basic of things to consider an option wrong, at the other they will pick one word from a big objective to make it right. The official statement regarding NCS and it's objective is far from the 'mission mode for uneducated youth' thing. Rest, I don't know who tricked whom.
    Set - sub set as long as only is not insurted statement is not wrong...
  • vignesh said:

I also feel so and that's why I marked it 1,2,3. Council of ministers may not be removed necessarily even if president's rule is invoked. There are other options too which the governor may look for, without removing com. Bommai judgement also favors this. Requesting people to discuss this too with sincerity.
    first change the title of this thread ..it shld b
    constituent assembly debate 2.0
  • My score 104 crudely from Shankar.not very hopeful but can give hope to others .
    2015 my score-111.xx(107 cutoff)
    2016 my score-113.xx(116)

Since,i olwayz give dis exam after sincere efforts :cry: I m damn sure dis time again cutoff can be +-5 from my official marks.

Marked cabinet ka c n tax ka D .every day I see dese questions getting debated against my answer.

Baki,if I deserve n if my desire for dis exam r strong enough,will clear pre or else...will have to move on :neutral: :neutral: . Bye!! Atb :smile: :smile:
  • mahapatro said:

So Mrunal Baba has all these as following :
    RTV. Constitutional right
    Cabinet speedy
    IVC 1 only ( however, doubtful)
    NNM 1,2,4
    Tax GDP 1only

He saves me ..makes me jump from 90 to 103.66 lets see whats there for aspirants like me in the kitty ..however, i do think such answers will do the opposite for all those claiming 110 ..cheers !

I think he got FD wrong its A
    NNM objectives 1 and 2 only

Rest all fine i guess.
    What did he say abt sfb??!
    http://wcd.nic.in/hi/documents/national-nutrition-mission-nnm

Go to this link ..download the first file and have a look
    U r getting wrong.
    Look into this as simple as it is

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=103192

I wont anything more than this. U r free add or decrease marks based on ur faith. If the qn has whats the purpose of nnm then egg wud hav been in the option.
  • mahapatro said:

mahapatro said:

Cabinet speedy
    NNM 1,2,4
    Tax GDP 1only

He saves me ..makes me jump from 90 to 103.66 lets see whats there for aspirants like me in the kitty ..however, i do think such answers will do the opposite for all those claiming 110 ..cheers !

Rest all fine i guess.

U r getting wrong.

I wont anything more than this. U r free add or decrease marks based on ur faith. If the qn has whats the purpose of nnm then egg wud hav been in the option.
    Not purpose... strategy
  • 49. Out of the following statements, choose the one that brings out the principle underlying the Cabinet form of Government:
    (a) An arrangement for minimizing the criticism against the Government whose responsibilities are complex and hard to carry out to the satisfaction of all.
    (b) A mechanism for speeding up the activities of the Government whose responsibilities are increasing day by day.
    (c) A mechanism of parliamentary democracy for ensuring collective responsibility of the Government to the people.
    (d) A device for strengthening the hands of the head of the Government whose hold over the people is in a state of decline.

mrunal said ans. is B..but he failed to elaborate on highlighted word..only one que....bas ek..koi bata do bhai ki presidential government me bhi cabinet hoti hai kya?

m going wid ncert and deducted my marks by -2.66..but ye que. to dimag me ghumte rahega..i think upsc will cancel this que. :D
  • 49. Out of the following statements, choose the one that brings out the principle underlying the Cabinet form of Government:
    (a) An arrangement for minimizing the criticism against the Government whose responsibilities are complex and hard to carry out to the satisfaction of all.
    (b) A mechanism for speeding up the activities of the Government whose responsibilities are increasing day by day.
    (c) A mechanism of parliamentary democracy for ensuring collective responsibility of the Government to the people.
    (d) A device for strengthening the hands of the head of the Government whose hold over the people is in a state of decline.

mrunal said ans. is B..but he failed to elaborate on highlighted word..only one que....bas ek..koi bata do bhai ki presidential government me bhi cabinet hoti hai kya?

m going wid ncert and deducted my marks by -2.66..but ye que. to dimag me ghumte rahega..i think upsc will cancel this que. :D

aur ek doubt hai ki "speeding up activities" ke liye to "presidential form of gov." hoti hai..sab dhada dhad faisle hote hai..laxmikant ke book ke parliament and presidential ke comparison table me diya hai.. :D ..ye bhi doubt clear karna bhaiyo..
  • mahapatro said:

mahapatro said:

Cabinet speedy
    NNM 1,2,4
    Tax GDP 1only

Rest all fine i guess.

U r getting wrong.

Dude..i wil tel u my interpretation..the pdf
    in which u r showing..its mentioned as KEY objectives..but in exam..question z objectives of s mission...so..der can b more objectives dan d key(Important) ones..and in national nutritional policy..encouraging cheap source of protiens and poultry z der..

USA mein bhi Cabinet hai, but as an advisory body.
  • mrunal ke bol bachhan and guess master giri ka result upsc ne chief sec. wale answer me diya hai...
    Capture.PNG
    1118 x 457 - 51K

uska ans C hoga aur main bar bar iske liye source post karta karta pagal ho gaya
    vaise usa main bhi cabinet hain aur ye rahi usa ki cabinet

https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/cabinet
  • fakeid said:

49. Out of the following statements, choose the one that brings out the principle underlying the Cabinet form of Government:

uska ans C hoga aur main bar bar iske liye source post karta karta pagal ho gaya

thanks @fakeid
  • fakeid said:

49. Out of the following statements, choose the one that brings out the principle underlying the Cabinet form of Government:

cabinet sabhi jagah hain apr cabinet form of goverment sabhi jagah nahi hain question cabinet form of government ka tha aur mere purane post dekh lo un main.maine british ..australian cabinet ke official handbook se iske basic principle 'collective responsibility ' ko quote kiya
    aur yadi speedy is principle of cabinet form of government then we say 'controlling the population' is the underlying principle of Death
    penalty
  • fakeid said:

fakeid said:

cabinet sabhi jagah hain apr cabinet form of goverment sabhi jagah nahi hain question cabinet form of government ka tha aur mere purane post dekh lo un main.maine british ..australian cabinet ke official handbook se iske basic principle 'collective responsibility ' ko quote kiya
    aur yadi speedy is principle of cabinet form of government then we say 'controlling the population' is the underlying principle of Death
    penalty
    itna deep me nahi jana hai ..bhai..Phd nahi karna..but aap mere +2.66 kara rahe ho..to sab achha hai :D :D
  • Mere Jaisa koi over thinking manhus insaan hai yahan PE jisne fundamental duties ka 2 only mark Kiya hai AUR gypsum wrong AUR jisko lagta h final key mein in dono questions k liye hope hai????

• Bhai koi ye batao,
    If we take Uttarakhand example, then the removal of CoM was not the consequence of the proclamation of the President’s rule. :mrgreen:
  • edited June 2017
    Rasputin said:

Mere Jaisa koi over thinking manhus insaan hai yahan PE jisne fundamental duties ka 2 only mark Kiya hai AUR gypsum wrong AUR jisko lagta h final key mein in dono questions k liye hope hai????

I marked only 3 in gypsum aur fir bhi ummeed paal rakhi hai :D
  • edited June 2017
    In line with trend of past years, questions and terms asked in pre are seen doing rounds in the Hindu of post-prelim days. One about Indian Ocean Naval Symposium...

"India’s offer of support for U.S. observer status in the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium was flagged. The organisation has a membership of 22, including Iran and four observers, including China and Japan. Levels of activity have not been high in recent years."

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/promises-in-the-rose-garden/article19166001.ece?homepage=true
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • :D :D :D
    Rishii said:

rel="Rasputin">Mere Jaisa koi over thinking manhus insaan hai yahan PE jisne fundamental duties ka 2 only mark Kiya hai AUR gypsum wrong AUR jisko lagta h final key mein in dono questions k liye hope hai????

Maine gypsum only 3 kiya hai aur fir bhi ummeed paal rakhi hai :D

• Mrunal ne a bol Diya hai uska.

fakeid said:

Rpl ka kya final hua ,a ya d ?

• Rasputin said:

Mere Jaisa koi over thinking manhus insaan hai yahan PE jisne fundamental duties ka 2 only mark Kiya hai AUR gypsum wrong AUR jisko lagta h final key mein in dono questions k liye hope hai????

yes I committed the same mistake in local governance and after 3 round it went to direct democracy .....I was sure that it is decentralized thing but in the last moment marked direct democracy

same did in npcl despite knowing everything of npcl ..
    this exam for rattamar and same people becomes winner in mains ..
    aur ye rattamari vision type ki test series aaram se karva deti hain
    subjectivity aur free and rational thinking is not awarded in upsc .... that's why point format pro cons all such type of templates is essential in this exam here you have to vomit in exam because in real service you have to do same work despite of freedom of speech and digital india moment you will block internet becoz govt ki fat jagi hain janta ke virodh ko dekhkar jaise mp main ek collector ne demonetization ke time kiya.. gujrat main ek exam main kiya tha ...
  • mahapatro said:

mahapatro said:

Cabinet speedy
    NNM 1,2,4
    Tax GDP 1only

Rest all fine i guess.

U r getting wrong.

Dude..i wil tel u my interpretation..the pdf
    in which u r showing..its mentioned as KEY objectives..but in exam..question z objectives of s mission...so..der can b more objectives dan d key(Important) ones..and in national nutritional policy..encouraging cheap source of protiens and poultry z der..

Ok u take it as right bro. ATB.
  • Tax GDP ka bola hai strict interpretation mein option a galat hai. But broad view mein Sahi.

Rasputin said:

Mrunal ne a bol Diya hai uska.

fakeid said:

Rpl ka kya final hua ,a ya d ?
    Bhai dukh hua sunke ,aur tax GDP ka ?

This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly