GST Council may give one-year extension to anti-profiteering authority Drugs of 18 pharma firms found substandard since 2018 In relief to India, Maldives may scrap ocean deal with China India can boost exports of 300 products to US, China amid trade war: Report This will be a tough budget to balance
ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

CS Prelims 2016 marks released. Check yours.

Comments

• Hi All

I like most of you also wanted to be an IAS officer but couldn't become one. I belong to a very humble background thats why had to work during preparation and it was difficult to get a job where I could use my skills acquired during the preparation.
    Recently I got to know about this forum from one of my students. you guys are making life easier for the aspirants. Hatsoff to you all who are doing all this.

I have also taken an initiative in this regard. I was working as content developer for multiple reputed institute and since a last few years i am teaching.

As i know people in different IAS institutes and they are looking for guys/girls who all have given multiple mains/ interviews for content development and copy checking.

I wont be able to come out in the open as i am associated with an institute but would like to help whoever i can.

If you feel you would like to work while preparing then can mail me your CV so that i can send it to all where i can.
    civilservicecontent@gmail.com

No money is involved in this for me. I will forward you CV and you would get a call directly from the institute if they feel you fit into their criteria.

If there is something else you want to ask , plz do that...
    I will try to answer as much as possible
  • vivekias said:

Bhaiyon rhne do na ye sab baaten... Rahi baat... Successful logon ki kaam krne ki desh ke prati, please evry one frm upsc interviewee to media guy knows truth in it. Bane nahi and photo shoot shuru, may be same for me. But may be saying patriotic things make one look good enough, afterall upsc ko ethics waale answer likh ke manwa sakte to itne to sense hai hi to market themselves. We r the one who over expect frm them. Lastly if and if koi karna bhi chahe u will be sidelined, cant fight wid big dadddies, u see.

Tina dabi ka special case hai and kindda she too played her entire game on that thing only. Rahi baat is bar ki 2nd topper ki, we r still to hear him, but mains writing is altogether different stand. (Only glad thing fr me, Our handwriting and writing style matches, heheh got psychological inspiration).

Kal GS pe koi 600 ranker Meena guy was telling how he thought wouldn't qualify prelims and having only completed 25% syllabus to successfully clear this that too in hindi medium..... So guys, its all about adapting, writing, hard work, analyzing, specific writing and alll . So stop generalizing.

We always run after few toppers only to overlook real achievers, I'm really motivated by few real gems and need of hour is to just go on.

Lastly, which evryone says, "RESULT JUSTIFIES MEANS". No matter what u preach after result becomes hardliners truth and unshockable gospel... But this is how things work, no ??

So if u r seeing and discussing things here, we r all in same Titanic boat, good thing we know its Titanic... Good thing ice bergs have become more unpredictable...bad thing Rose is no more....

So lets just try reaching other side of journey before we r all long drawn among cold corals....Again u just need one win...no one cares no. of attempts and age no. at all...

bhai isse psychological inspiration? :mrgreen:
    rank 2 ko bolo dusre naam se 1 baar aur form bhare...kya pata mains me hi latak jaye :D
  • Seed said:

vivekias said:

Bhaiyon rhne do na ye sab baaten... Rahi baat... Successful logon ki kaam krne ki desh ke prati, please evry one frm upsc interviewee to media guy knows truth in it. Bane nahi and photo shoot shuru, may be same for me. But may be saying patriotic things make one look good enough, afterall upsc ko ethics waale answer likh ke manwa sakte to itne to sense hai hi to market themselves. We r the one who over expect frm them. Lastly if and if koi karna bhi chahe u will be sidelined, cant fight wid big dadddies, u see.

Tina dabi ka special case hai and kindda she too played her entire game on that thing only. Rahi baat is bar ki 2nd topper ki, we r still to hear him, but mains writing is altogether different stand. (Only glad thing fr me, Our handwriting and writing style matches, heheh got psychological inspiration).

Kal GS pe koi 600 ranker Meena guy was telling how he thought wouldn't qualify prelims and having only completed 25% syllabus to successfully clear this that too in hindi medium..... So guys, its all about adapting, writing, hard work, analyzing, specific writing and alll . So stop generalizing.

We always run after few toppers only to overlook real achievers, I'm really motivated by few real gems and need of hour is to just go on.

Lastly, which evryone says, "RESULT JUSTIFIES MEANS". No matter what u preach after result becomes hardliners truth and unshockable gospel... But this is how things work, no ??

So if u r seeing and discussing things here, we r all in same Titanic boat, good thing we know its Titanic... Good thing ice bergs have become more unpredictable...bad thing Rose is no more....

So lets just try reaching other side of journey before we r all long drawn among cold corals....Again u just need one win...no one cares no. of attempts and age no. at all...

rank 2 ko bolo dusre naam se 1 baar aur form bhare...kya pata mains me hi latak jaye :D
    Bhai bhai bhai itna lamba comment likha , ek cheez brackets ke andar likhi, wahi mila tujhe...hheeh mera jab no. ayega tab dekhenge, khushi to milti na ...hhaa . Kuch cheeze jane diya karo. Bc log upsc ko unpredictable bolte rhte khud bhi ban gaye hain.... Hahha
    DANICS 2017
    Optional - Philosophy
  • So Nandini KR got average marks in all papers but scores 320+ in optionals, same thing happened with Gaurav Agarwal :)
  • upen said:

Seed said:

Krieger said:

i wonder how some one improves so much tremendously within 3 months that one clears prelims by miniscule margin and goes on to top,while many with good prelims score dont score good in gs?even if mains is analysis based,analysis can only be done by someone who has good grasp on GS.

. Dina tabi ko bhool gye kya??
    12th se coaching kar rhi thi 90s me the uske
    bhai upsc ko me jitna samajhne ki koshish kar rha hu..utna confuse ho rha hu...
    1 Q me to pakka mujhe 0.5/12.5 milega...critically analyse upsc procedure.. Clueless.
    ps: 112 in essay gale nahi utar rhe mere.. :'(
    +1000
    Essay 107
    I was like crying after my essay...thought I have messed up first essay though second one was decent...got 146...Had not practiced a single one...But I think things are also grlorified like you should write quotes, amazing conclusion etc etc...I think UPSC rewards to those too who have written very simple and relevant
    शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
  • So Nandini KR got average marks in all papers but scores 320+ in optionals, same thing happened with Gaurav Agarwal :)

She must be having 420+ in GS..btw can u please share her score
    DANICS 2017
    Optional - Philosophy
  • Naseeb+Mehanat= UPSC Topper
    Capture2.PNG
    985 x 531 - 34K

how every1 getting marksheet of toppers ..source pls?

Nandini-K-R-IAS-Topper-2016-IAS-Marks.jpg
    720 x 482 - 69K

420+ in GS used to be a big deal..... But its too mainstream now.
  • Itne lambe comment kyon karte ho bhai log?

rahi bat topper ki to "answer simple and Content se bhare ho to marks milte hai" and Hindi walo "ghar ki language exam me likhne se marks nhi milte"
    ye sab iss bar ka fail hone pe samjha..
    chalo..ab vapas pre..start kare.
  • @Albert Camus I called up upsc. U won't believe what the reaction was. I told them that I had lost my roll no n just had my rid. Pehle to transfer Kiya teen se char jagah n finally a guy yelled at me n said I'm not going to give u your roll no at any cost! Wtf! Who does this?!
    N kept yelling that u should have some responsibility. I tried explaining him my situation but he just kept yelling n then he hung up. Did anyone face something similar?!
    Talk about providing a helpline number.. it's bullshit. Pehle phone mat uthao n uthathe hain to chillate hain. Seeing the attitude I feel ki Upsc office mein to peon bhi apne aap ko chairman samajhta Hai shayad.
  • vivekias said:

Seed said:

vivekias said:

Bhai bhai bhai itna lamba comment likha , ek cheez brackets ke andar likhi, wahi mila tujhe...hheeh mera jab no. ayega tab dekhenge, khushi to milti na ...hhaa . Kuch cheeze jane diya karo. Bc log upsc ko unpredictable bolte rhte khud bhi ban gaye hain.... Hahha
    6/12.5 bhai..
  • @Albert Camus I called up upsc. U won't believe what the reaction was. I told them that I had lost my roll no n just had my rid. Pehle to transfer Kiya teen se char jagah n finally a guy yelled at me n said I'm not going to give u your roll no at any cost! Wtf! Who does this?!
    N kept yelling that u should have some responsibility. I tried explaining him my situation but he just kept yelling n then he hung up. Did anyone face something similar?!
    Talk about providing a helpline number.. it's bullshit. Pehle phone mat uthao n uthathe hain to chillate hain. Seeing the attitude I feel ki Upsc office mein to peon bhi apne aap ko chairman samajhta Hai shayad.

A few days ago I called them to inquire about when will the results come, the babu who aswered the phone trolled me saying "yaha kya phone kar rahe ho website chalao kya pata result aa gaya ho... check karo check karo"
  • edited June 2017

So Nandini KR got average marks in all papers but scores 320+ in optionals, same thing happened with Gaurav Agarwal :)

bhai gs1 me awesome marks h itne nahi dekhe abhi tak to..GS2 me bhi kafi sahi lag rhe h..
  • vignesh said:

Any idea on IFoS cutoff? Anyone who cleared IFoS with 132 or less marks?

No it should be 133/134/135. A friend with 136 cleared n have seen a guy with 132 not cleared.
    Bro

@Albert Camus I called up upsc. U won't believe what the reaction was. I told them that I had lost my roll no n just had my rid. Pehle to transfer Kiya teen se char jagah n finally a guy yelled at me n said I'm not going to give u your roll no at any cost! Wtf! Who does this?!

aajkal phd waale bhi peon exam keliye apply karte hey....lagta hey kisi doctorate ne aapki phone uthali..
  • edited June 2017

vignesh said:

Any idea on IFoS cutoff? Anyone who cleared IFoS with 132 or less marks?

No it should be 133/134/135. A friend with 136 cleared n have seen a guy with 132 not cleared.
    Bro

@Albert Camus I called up upsc. U won't believe what the reaction was. I told them that I had lost my roll no n just had my rid. Pehle to transfer Kiya teen se char jagah n finally a guy yelled at me n said I'm not going to give u your roll no at any cost! Wtf! Who does this?!

aajkal phd waale bhi peon exam keliye apply karte hey....lagta hey kisi doctorate ne aapki phone uthali..
    Hahahaha. Sahi kaha. Anyway I'm now least concerned with the marks of pre 2016. I'd tell this to all those in similar situation. Just focus on June 18 Wala exam n leave everything else behind.
  • Seed said:

So Nandini KR got average marks in all papers but scores 320+ in optionals, same thing happened with Gaurav Agarwal :)

bhai gs1 me awesome marks h itne nahi dekhe abhi tak to..GS2 me bhi kafi sahi lag rhe h..
    Haan bhai..mainly GS2, GS1 me fod diya...GS1 to god level hai
    DANICS 2017
    Optional - Philosophy
  • Seed said:

Krieger said:

i wonder how some one improves so much tremendously within 3 months that one clears prelims by miniscule margin and goes on to top,while many with good prelims score dont score good in gs?even if mains is analysis based,analysis can only be done by someone who has good grasp on GS.

Read in the newspapers....he just graduated..and didnt study for more than 6 months..that includes 5 months of internship...

contrast this to rank 3....11 years of hard work....scoring highest in written in mains...interview marks show..upsc doesnt encourage old players much
    how do they know..who are old..
    plz tell me...I want to write like a newbie next year...
    if the essay on women will come...I will begin with history.. sati..how patricarcy sucks..hobby wale points from sociology..
    and what else!!
    Yaar innovation wale essay me I wrote US ka innovation sector its % in gdp...and compared it with india's aur ab to yaad bhi nahi aa rha kya kya likha tha..I prepared it .. last year mere 138 the first attempt...bada khush tha..ki aur mehnat karunga 150 to kahi nahi jayenge :mrgreen:

I have seen people who never practice essay..even if this was their 3rd attempt...they got 120,118 and 149 consecutively..
    My to be flatmate...593 in mains...essay me 153 :joy: first attempt.

bhai koi batao ye 1st attempt wale kaunsi invisible books padh rhe h? :(
    Bhai. Tum toh meri mirror image lagre ho....
    Same case with me.
    But it was my second attempt and second mains
  • decaprio said:

upen said:

Seed said:

Krieger said:

1 Q me to pakka mujhe 0.5/12.5 milega...critically analyse upsc procedure.. Clueless.
    +1000
    Essay 107
    I was like crying after my essay...thought I have messed up first essay though second one was decent...got 146...Had not practiced a single one...But I think things are also grlorified like you should write quotes, amazing conclusion etc etc...I think UPSC rewards to those too who have written very simple and relevant
    Aisa?
    Different people different views.
  • I forgot my roll no. Though I have reg no. How to see the marks
  • Seed said:

vivekias said:

Seed said:

vivekias said:

6/12.5 bhai..
    Hhaha bas isi strike rate se saare questions kr ke aaunga....fir to.......hahha thanks bhai..
  • Seed said:

doc said:

Seed said:

Krieger said:

Read in the newspapers....he just graduated..and didnt study for more than 6 months..that includes 5 months of internship...

contrast this to rank 3....11 years of hard work....scoring highest in written in mains...interview marks show..upsc doesnt encourage old players much
    how do they know..who are old..
    plz tell me...I want to write like a newbie next year...
    if the essay on women will come...I will begin with history.. sati..how patricarcy sucks..hobby wale points from sociology..
    and what else!!
    Yaar innovation wale essay me I wrote US ka innovation sector its % in gdp...and compared it with india's aur ab to yaad bhi nahi aa rha kya kya likha tha..I prepared it .. last year mere 138 the first attempt...bada khush tha..ki aur mehnat karunga 150 to kahi nahi jayenge :mrgreen:

I have seen people who never practice essay..even if this was their 3rd attempt...they got 120,118 and 149 consecutively..
    My to be flatmate...593 in mains...essay me 153 :joy: first attempt.

bhai koi batao ye 1st attempt wale kaunsi invisible books padh rhe h? :(
    I got 270 in first pre in 2013... Much more than general cutoff .. Enthusiasm tha.. Newness thi.. Exciting lgta tha sab... And now in 2016 I got much below than category cutoff.. 2017 WL b my last attempt .. Thak gye ab

Essay me I never wrote any essay in coaching.. Direct in mains I wrote and got 130 and 119 in 2013 & 2014.. U never know what they want
    Yes truely..pata nahi..isliye this year i will not write even a single essay before last month.(if i qualify pre :joy: )
    And on a very serious note...Best of luck sir :|
    Same to u :smile:
    I m not sir
    all i need is You Lord

Jaise 300 used to be big deal in ODIs but now its too mainstream.
  • upen said:

decaprio said:

upen said:

Seed said:

Krieger said:

+1000
    Essay 107
    Aisa?
    Different people different views.
    even same person can have different views alternate year :mrgreen: essay n ethics are two papers in which a person scoring 130-150 may land to 100 next year n vice-versa.

Same happened with me.. call was transferred 4 times and the lady yelled at me and said she will not give my roll number .. she told me to ask in written in upsc office
  • 122 - first attempt.

Through multiple revisions I am hoping to increase my score by 18 marks (on 18th June). >:)
  • Albus said:

Same happened with me.. call was transferred 4 times and the lady yelled at me and said she will not give my roll number .. she told me to ask in written in upsc office
    Jo hua so hua. Focus on the forthcoming examination. All the best!
  • Naseeb+Mehanat= UPSC Topper

How? He doesn't seem differently abled
This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google