CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.

Zoology optional aspirants: gather here for discussion

This is a thread to gather aspirants preparing for 2017 with zoology optional. Very less people opt for this subject and have to live in hidden cocoons. I haven't came across anyone here except @pizza and one more aspirant who are very nice and helpful. So it's hard to find anyone for discussion on any doubt on this subject. So, let's gather here and help each other in building concepts or sharing good materials on topics. Lets convert this scoring optional into our selection. :)
GRAPHENE v 2.0....

Comments

• edited November 2016
    @pizza and @others... what to read for the topic DNA motif?? any source...not able to find anything definite on internet.
    GRAPHENE v 2.0....
  • edited November 2016
    This was asked only once or twice in last 30 odd years in cse.so skipped it and just glanced through this link and a few videos on YouTube
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequence_motif
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • edited November 2016
    pizza said:

This was asked only once or twice in last 30 odd years in cse.so skipped it and just glanced through this link and a few videos on YouTube
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequence_motif

Thanks @pizza... :)
    GRAPHENE v 2.0....
  • Hello guys..let's make a WhatsApp group for zoology optional..
  • My no's 8131865101

Jhon siga said:

My no's 8131865101

sorry guys @alisha1995 and @Jhon siga ...dont use whatsapp...would like to stay to this thread itself if its fine... :)
    GRAPHENE v 2.0....
  • Hey! I have zoology as my optional. How much have you guys covered till now?
    P.S- CSE 2017
  • chetna29 said:

Hey! I have zoology as my optional. How much have you guys covered till now?
    P.S- CSE 2017

covering transcription and translation right now. will move on to evolution then.
    little bit covered from paper 1 till now. exploring topics from paper 2 currently.
    GRAPHENE v 2.0....
  • I am in my final year..doing graduation in zoology.. completing the syllabus with my semesters...
    If u guys have past year questions of zoology in mains...plz share...
  • I am in my final year..doing graduation in zoology.. completing the syllabus with my semesters...
    If u guys have past year questions of zoology in mains...plz share...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8EK2ScL5AFiaFJsalZsUVZyUEE

We have telegram group but hardly anybody is active on that. I can create a new telegram group for active people.

Jhon siga said:

My no's 8131865101

sorry guys @alisha1995 and @Jhon siga ...dont use whatsapp...would like to stay to this thread itself if its fine... :)
    You can use whatsapp or telegram on your PC by using any android emulator.

Jhon siga said:

My no's 8131865101

dont want to use them actually,,,more comfortable on this thread itself for any discussion.. :smile:
    GRAPHENE v 2.0....

Jhon siga said:

My no's 8131865101

dont want to use them actually,,,more comfortable on this thread itself for any discussion.. :smile:
    +1 forum is better.
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • edited November 2016

chetna29 said:

P.S- CSE 2017

covering transcription and translation right now. will move on to evolution then.
    little bit covered from paper 1 till now. exploring topics from paper 2 currently.
    A small suggestion I would like to share.
    Start with structure of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids. Just glance over vitamins, enzymes and amino acids because you will be revisiting it later for physiology part. Next move to cell biology and DNA processes. After that developmental zoology because they will help in understanding life cycles, next invertebrates and chordates. Then comparative anatomy, then go back to metabolism and physiology part.

You can then cover genetics biotech instrumentation and evolution together.

After that ecology, ethology and economic zoology.

Lastly biostatistics and cladistics

You may already be knowing this, but as you know I m from non bio background, In the initial stage I struggled a lot to maintain the flow in topics and used to get confused most of the time, with time I figured this out. :tongue:
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • pizza said:

chetna29 said:

P.S- CSE 2017

Start with structure of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids. Just glance over vitamins, enzymes and amino acids because you will be revisiting it later for physiology part. Next move to cell biology and DNA processes. After that developmental zoology because they will help in understanding life cycles, next invertebrates and chordates. Then comparative anatomy, then go back to metabolism and physiology part.

You may already be knowing this, but as you know I m from non bio background, In the initial stage I struggled a lot to maintain the flow in topics and used to get confused most of the time, with time I figured this out. :tongue:
    Thanks a lot pizza. Yea I have idea about things but it's been a while since I got a disconnect from these things. So your suggestion is extremely valuable.
    I have covered significant portion of ethology from reena mathur and have booked evolution of arumugam as u suggested. Covering economic zoology right now. I have revised basic structure of all molecules u mentioned from 11 th ncert bio once.. will delve in its detail now later. Currently covering dna processes also.
    Wanted to cover Biostatistics but Khan nd khanum is pretty expensive to be out of budget capacity currently... :pensive: will take it next month...

Thanks pizza for taking suo moto cognizance of my lone Wolf optional preparation here on forum due to lack of significant zoology aspirants for 2017 who are sincere and regular and providing me with so much of help even at your peak time of preparation and Mains on head.

GRAPHENE v 2.0....
  • pizza said:

chetna29 said:

P.S- CSE 2017

thanks a lot @pizza hope this would be a head start for me.As I am also from a non bio background and gonna start the subject afresh.

• You're welcome, graphene and Pradeep!
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • I am in initial stage of preparation. Not yet started preparation of optional so can I be part of ur whatsapp grp??
  • pizza said:

Hello guys..let's make a WhatsApp group for zoology optional..

Jhon siga said:

My no's 8131865101

+1 forum is better.
    Ohhk. And thanks @pizza for your suggestion.
  • Cool idea...lets utilize this thread by constructive engagement.
  • Cool idea...lets utilize this thread by constructive engagement.

:smile:
    GRAPHENE v 2.0....
  • Transcription complete. Will start translation tomorrow.
    GRAPHENE v 2.0....
  • I am going delhi for self study in coming days.Is there anybody with zoology optional who would like to share room with me?
  • @stable_graphene @LBSNAA forgive me for the bad clarity :)

Good Bye. See you Later.
  • edited December 2016
    pizza said:

@stable_graphene @LBSNAA forgive me for the bad clarity :)

thanks a lot @pizza... i was going to request for it...
    how was ur paper??
    attempted full??
    GRAPHENE v 2.0....
  • pizza said:

@stable_graphene @LBSNAA forgive me for the bad clarity :)

thanks a lot @pizza... i was going to request for it...
    how was ur paper??
    attempted full??
    Paper 1 did well..
    Paper 2 I had some recalling problems. Mind was very cluttered.

But nevertheless, this optional is the best. Can't expect more straightforward than this. Those who prepared well will easily get 300+
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • yrr @pizza, kitna straightforward paper tha...mast hai yr...you just boosted my confidence regarding my decision to pick this subject up as an optional...
    hardly 10% hee i could feel as relevant to dynamic....but even that could be answered from static knowledge nicely...
    Sahi hai pizza,, is baar to i hope i will find ur name under the rank of top ten itself... :) :) :)
    GRAPHENE v 2.0....
  • leave 1 question ie "mutable connective tissue" bhai isme to 300+ bante hai. :D but biodiversity/hitspot ka question in paper 2 :p
    "revision is just like a paan leaves
    if it wudn't be turned continously it wud have rotten

similarly... if the revision has n't been done repeatedly it wud have forgotten".

• yrr @pizza, kitna straightforward paper tha...mast hai yr...you just boosted my confidence regarding my decision to pick this subject up as an optional...
    hardly 10% hee i could feel as relevant to dynamic....but even that could be answered from static knowledge nicely...
    Sahi hai pizza,, is baar to i hope i will find ur name under the rank of top ten itself... :) :) :)

Na Na :tongue: my assessment says I will be just on the borderline, this way or that way. But won't think much about it. Time to work super hard now.
    Good Bye. See you Later.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog