2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • edited June 2015
    Pratyogita darpan
    What is pd
  • Pratyogita darpan
    What is pd
    not required for cse
  • Shift your focus to ssc cgl 2015 and prepare for cse 2016..not meant to demoralise you..your pros are cons in disguise..ATB
    Limited period offer-U can laugh at me till the 1st half of 2018
  • Shift your focus to ssc cgl 2015 and prepare for cse 2016..not meant to demoralise you..your pros are cons in disguise..ATB
    Absolutely desirable.
    You would be feeling absolutely fantastic at the end of yr if u hv a job at ur hnd . Dnt go by emotions if u dnt want to regret later, rest is ur choice
    Upsc upsc upsc upsc .!! Aur upsc !!
  • You have 6 attempts man. What's the harm in using one of them? But don't just rely on cse, give other exams too.
    mandrak ji sahi bol rahe hai.bindaas hoke do.

• edited June 2015
    I would like to propose a strategy:
    Basis:
    Studying everyday: 10 hrs
    Reading speed: 10 pgs per hour

cover shankar ias/p d sharma : about 5 days
    Cover laxmikanth: 7 days
    Spectrum Inm: 5 days
    Eco from sriram/pd: 4 days
    Assuming you have covered geo from ncert

So by the end of this month you will covered basic pillars for pre. At that point of time give any full course test that you can find, if you score anything around 75-80. You can think of giving it this year.

Moving forward in july/aug
    Buy vision current affairs booklet from dec/jan onwards (will take about 8-9 days)
    Then download rao ias gist for iyb (220 pgs: will take around 4-5 days)
    Then from july mid onwards go for another revision.

Keep giving test once/twice a week to check your prep level. If you find you progression curve going down or you feel you won't be able to manage then you may not give this year but at least you would go down fighting

Last thing, always remember you are your best judge (zyada funda ho gya :P )
    Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
  • Bro 2016 attempt par focus karo.
    Two situations:
    1) 2015 pre clear somehow with unscientific and haphazard prep- sure shot flunk in mains - time wasted till dec in haphazard prep. Time wasted till April 2016 waiting for mains result. Result.-,again short time left for pre 2016. Cycle will keep on repeating.
    Also over confidence that u can clear pre with little prep..suicidal attitude for next prelims.
    2) 2015 pre fail- tension demoralising. Spoiled health due to constant pressure. Chances of getting frustrated too.

Target 2016.
    Two situations:
    1) 2015 pre clear somehow with unscientific and haphazard prep- sure shot flunk in mains - time wasted till dec in haphazard prep. Time wasted till April 2016 waiting for mains result. Result.-,again short time left for pre 2016. Cycle will keep on repeating.
    Also over confidence that u can clear pre with little prep..suicidal attitude for next prelims.
    2) 2015 pre fail- tension demoralising. Spoiled health due to constant pressure. Chances of getting frustrated too.

Target 2016.
    +1
    CSM-2014
    CSM-2015
  • Try for 2016 this year will be difficult for all newbies!
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • @Jethalaal
    @kaaliyo
    @Mandark

mane bhi yhi socha hai ki ssc pe dhyan dia jaye is baar,but on the same hand i will give this attempt to chahe kuch bhi ho,and mne yh bhi socha hai ki if i study for 9 hour so 5 hour is for ias nd remaining time is for ssc,po but in this also lots of problem

thatsy i m seeking any plan from you all

kya karu so that 2016 full prepare and able to give 15 too
    any plan,technique ??

• I would like to propose a strategy:
    Basis:
    Studying everyday: 10 hrs
    Reading speed: 10 pgs per hour

cover shankar ias/p d sharma : about 5 days
    Cover laxmikanth: 7 days
    Spectrum Inm: 5 days
    Eco from sriram/pd: 4 days
    Assuming you have covered geo from ncert

So by the end of this month you will covered basic pillars for pre. At that point of time give any full course test that you can find, if you score anything around 75-80. You can think of giving it this year.

Moving forward in july/aug
    Buy vision current affairs booklet from dec/jan onwards (will take about 8-9 days)
    Then download rao ias gist for iyb (220 pgs: will take around 4-5 days)
    Then from july mid onwards go for another revision.

Keep giving test once/twice a week to check your prep level. If you find you progression curve going down or you feel you won't be able to manage then you may not give this year but at least you would go down fighting

Last thing, always remember you are your best judge (zyada funda ho gya :P )
    @sss_2503
    very good plan
    nut i can read only 6-7 pages of laxmikanth in 1hour

Two situations:

Target 2016.
    @Bureau_crazy

thanks bhai
    but agar me 2015 me fail bhi hua toh bhi ne demoralize nhi hounga
    jab aap kuch jayda except mhi karte ho to vo chiz hone ka jayda dukh bhi nhi hota :)

• bhai upsc is luck.ssc ki examiner jaise koi post nikal ke rakho as back up first.
  • 1)
    2)

Watch these two videos serial wise today itself.. then..u will have no queries :) Take this comment seriously
    Limited period offer-U can laugh at me till the 1st half of 2018
  • bhai upsc is luck.ssc ki examiner jaise koi post nikal ke rakho as back up first.
    Every exam is luck not just upsc
  • edited June 2015
    bhai upsc is luck.ssc ki examiner jaise koi post nikal ke rakho as back up first.
    Bhai to fir mehnat karna chhord de aaj se hum log matlab..hai na? ....Har exam luck hi to hai after all . Muh utha ke chale jaaenge exam dene , fir jiski Janmkundali mein Soorya 10th house mein with mercury baitha hoga , usko easily Top ki Sarkari Job mil jaaegi .......
  • edited June 2015
    Try all your domestic State PSC exams besides SSC-CGL , Bank P.O's .. But dont join them .. Then you try with CSE , you should be alright .. All the best .. :)>-
    2017--> 8th attempt
    Bhai to fir mehnat karna chhord de aaj se hum log matlab..hai na? ....Har exam luck hi to hai after all . Muh utha ke chale jaaenge exam dene , fir jiski Janmkundali mein Soorya 10th house mein with mercury baitha hoga , usko easily Top ki Sarkari Job mil jaaegi .......
    Yes.
  • ^ hahahaahahahah........
  • ^ hahahaahahahah........
    >:)
    Yes.
    carrom khelo carrom.ias apne ban jaoge
    Yes.
    Ok
  • @Mandark
    Thanks bhai thnks alot
    @sankalp_sharma15 - I do not prefer recommending "plans" to anyone. It is something that everyone should have their own. As Vibin said, give priority to SSC, PO and state exams. So in 9hrs, study 6hrs for others and 3hrs for UPSC.
    If you are able to complete NCERT books + one basic for some topics then you'll be able to answer quite a lot of questions in prelims. In recent years, I'm seeing a pattern that UPSC is focusing on basics plus some factual questions (these factual questions are totally luck- If you know it, you get marks else there's no way to deduce the answer).
    In my first attempt I didn't even read the NCERTs completely. Just did TMH GS books plus a few basic books and I was able to get 83 marks. Your preparation is much better than what mine was at that stage. No matter what people here say, don't lose hope.
    "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"
    :)
    Yes.
    Ok
    @lordirwin

Tumbhi kuch kaho bhai
    Jo kehna hao
  • 75 din hai @sankalp_sharma15 padh lo aur nikal lo..2016 boht door hai..prelims ho sakta hai 75 din me..ye "senior citizen" aspirant boht darate hai..mehnat karo.. ho jaayega..
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
  • 75 din hai @sankalp_sharma15 padh lo aur nikal lo..2016 boht door hai..prelims ho sakta hai 75 din me..ye "senior citizen" aspirant boht darate hai..mehnat karo.. ho jaayega..
    one more suggestion..stay away from forumias..yahan log esoteric question pooch kar aur depress karte hai..and dont join too many test series..stick to basic aur confidence high rakho
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
  • @sankalp_sharma15 Try to know what cse demands..every thing will be crystal clear..you know why i have said this
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • Yes understanding little bit
    @Chomuphilosopher
  • @sankalp_sharma15 you should go for 2015, enough time is dere. If you cnt make it in these 75 days then do introspection. You spend more time on forumias aur jitna bhi time forum pe rhte ho, you only do senseless things. Haven't seen you in any fruitful discussion or marks sharing thread. Try to do 2, 3 mocks, analyze yourself and work hard on weak areas instead wasting time.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google