Ranklist & Marks ! Offline Test Takers of ForumIAS Simulator Test 0
Click here to view score and results
We are hiring!
Visit http://go.forumias.com/changetheworld to apply now!

SBI PO Cracking Tips

edited June 2015 in Banking
Hey guys,
I know their are really good brains out here who already have cracked this exam. Can you give suggestion how to tackle quant n reasoning part. Morever their is a Tier 1 in which quant n reasoning score is essential to crack the paper(can do fairly in eng).
Looking forward to your valuable suggestions...

Comments

• Quant is difficult try to maximize marks in reasoning.all question could be solved with sufficient practice.use rs aggarwal for practice.
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • @hummingbird... is it advisble to do assumption and interference questions in exam as answers to questions are not sure
  • @hummingbird... is it advisble to do assumption and interference questions in exam as answers to questions are not sure
    yes accuracy in those question can be improved by practicing.
    first solve syllogism then input output after that all verbal question.then come to big puzzles starting with solving non circular arrangements questions.circular arrangements should be left as they consume time

• @hummingbird
    Bhai can you suggest some good source or book to practice and master the input-output questions. I have singularly failed to tame them time and again and they remain the only sore point in my preparation.
    If you can take it, you can make it.
    I will fight till the end, be it bitter, be it glorious.
  • Dont attempt those questions you will loose time
  • I talked to a PO and he advised to focus on DI. It is most time consuming mundane and tedious of all sections. Also solving DI onscreen is not easy, especially for those having specs.
    If you believe you can do it, you can. If not, then you cannot. Anyways you are correct.
  • hi im also giving sbi PO next month.. for tier 1 prepare reasoning and english very well.. you can score quickly in this section compare to the quant. in pre, quant sectionwill contain relatively easy question but it will be still time taking, practice as much as you can. join any test series online.. mahindra is cheap.. you can start from there. for mains practice DI..
  • @hummingbird
    Bhai can you suggest some good source or book to practice and master the input-output questions. I have singularly failed to tame them time and again and they remain the only sore point in my preparation.
    prepare from rs aggarwal.they all follow pattern no or aphabets are arranged in sequence manner.
    sure shot 6 marks if u get them right.
  • @hummingbird
    prepare from rs aggarwal.they all follow pattern no or aphabets are arranged in sequence manner.
    sure shot 6 marks if u get them right.
    Also do check that all 5 questions are related to the given question , sometimes on the last question they will ask if input was this what will be 2nd step. Now spend another 5 mins . if there are less than 5 questions forget it.
  • @hummingbird
    @samar_singh91
    Analytical reasoning by M K Pandey. I/O questions have a few types. You need to identify the type real fast in the exam. Once you know the various types, these questions seem easy. :) Also, convert alphabetical pattern to numerical. Helps.
    I'm perfectly imperfect
  • @hummingbird Sir, Which RS Agarwal Book should I follow?
    He has so many books? Can you tell the exact title?
    Get busy living
    or
    Get busy dying

• edited June 2015
    SBI PO or SSC CSS(CGL 2015) ?? :(( cant focus on both [-X
    2015 is My Year for CSE :)
  • can anyone plz provide download link to PO previous year question papers?
    dude papers are online , you'll find only gk questions on bankersadda
  • @hummingbird Sir, Which RS Agarwal Book should I follow?
    He has so many books? Can you tell the exact title?
    moti wali rs aggarwal verbal and non verbal

Try kiran prakashan maz u may find some memory based bank exam papers
  • Can someone tell me what is the renumeration of LIC DO ( after promotion from ADO). Just enquiring for a friend.
    @hummingbird @engagefrost @all
  • edited June 2015
    Take a piece of brick. Write SBI PO on it with the colour of your choice. keep the brick on the ground. Hit it hard with the hammer. See whether cracks are formed in the bricks. If yes, then congratulations. You have successfully learned how to CRACK the SBI PO. :D
    Musafir hu yaaron... na ghar hai na thikana... mujhe chalate jana hai, bas chalate hi jana hai.........
  • Take a piece of brick. Write SBI PO on it with the colour of your choice. keep the brick on the ground. Hit it hard with the hammer. See whether cracks are formed in the bricks. If yes, then congratulations. You have successfully learned how to CRACK the SBI PO. :D
    :))
  • boys i am also prep for sbi po i hv given many insurance exam of all levels but unfortunately could not clear it.... weak point was maths and reasoning.. and sunday is my last day of maths prep after that i ll be left with 2 more week if i presume tht my test will be on 20 or 21 june.... so in that 2 weeks i'll be practicing reasong n english section...

and also filled the form for SSC CGL and would give it on 9 0r 16 august
    so nothing would be in loss if i get the paper on 20-21 june or 27-28 jun bcoz
    if it happned on former dates then i ll get more time for cgl maths leftover chpters like mensuration trignometry and geometry and if paper held on last week of this month then... i ll cover mensuration and trig chapter just in case if it comes in sbi po... who knows.. quant section is huge.......

frends is this strategy right ??
  • Anyone can tell me or any idea date of exam for western region mumbai?
    Actuly on 21 my mca entrance exam are there
    21 ko nhi hona chaie mera paper
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google