We are hiring!

SSC Tier-2 exam review

Comments

• http://ssc.nic.in/syllabus/combinedgraduatelevelexam.html

Can u xplain me this link ??
    @Hado_no_90
    It has been circulating for sometime. No clarification has been reached. Most probably, nothing would happen.
  • @barbaadi
    This is the 2008 syllabus, when SSC used to be written mate, its long gone over!
  • Okkk...thnx....
  • Waise 420 ke score pe interview call ka chance hai kya
  • @RIAS 440 pe bhi aa gyi to badi baat hai...
  • Waise 420 ke score pe interview call ka chance hai kya

I think cutoff will be 450+-5
  • The expected score from the "not totlly reliable answer keys" is P1-175.5 ,P2- 172
    And 120 in tier 1..
  • Okkk...thnx....
    Bhai no chance.
  • i think cut off for interview post for general will be 430
  • Career Launcher -424-435
    Paramount -420-440
    http://www.ssc-cgl2014.in/ -420-440

• i think cut off for interview post for general will be 430
    yup!hovering around at 430+/- 5 ..at max mr.janardan jakhar
  • bhai pata nahi mere ko .Par mujhe nahi lagta ki 430 se uppar jayega kyonki paper out nahi hua is baar.(hopefully) .You have any idea marks given in wrong question
  • I definitely think the scores are being over estimated bcoz of comparison with previous year. Bt its not fair to compare this year wid previous year. Bcoz if u see 2012 scores were low and people underestimated 13 cut offs. Each year is different from others and those claiming cut offs to reach 470-480 is ludicrous. Wait for the results, it will be definitely less than last year.
  • bhai pata nahi mere ko .Par mujhe nahi lagta ki 430 se uppar jayega kyonki paper out nahi hua is baar.(hopefully) .You have any idea marks given in wrong question
    yup!u are right (hopefully out nahi hua)..but we can never be sure about the bimaru states..plus paper 2 was not that easy ki english mein many end up scoring 175-180..5-10 marks ka difference than last year is possible-that would be safe.because it is hard to score more marks beyond a certain peak point.
    but 470-480!lol! i know people from cat (98%ile )background scoring just around 440-450..the problem is they find a few high scores and cutoff bhi unhi ke according exponentially badha dete hain..
  • I definitely think the scores are being over estimated bcoz of comparison with previous year. Bt its not fair to compare this year wid previous year. Bcoz if u see 2012 scores were low and people underestimated 13 cut offs. Each year is different from others and those claiming cut offs to reach 470-480 is ludicrous. Wait for the results, it will be definitely less than last year.
    you r right.. same thing happened in CSPrelims 2012 and CSP 2013 .. den again in CSP 2014.
    In CGL 2013 u ask any1 they would have told their marks more than 120 in tier 1.This year 2000th rank is at 129.25, 3000th rank is at 126.5. After 26th oct paper seemed easy people started saying cut off for tier 1 would be more than 110(UR) but reality ?? 96.5.

Every year is unique.This years cut off is not decided by last years trend.
    you r right.. same thing happened in CSPrelims 2012 and CSP 2013 .. den again in CSP 2014.
    In CGL 2013 u ask any1 they would have told their marks more than 120 in tier 1.This year 2000th rank is at 129.25, 3000th rank is at 126.5. After 26th oct paper seemed easy people started saying cut off for tier 1 would be more than 110(UR) but reality ?? 96.5.

Bhai cutoff is 96 this year because 50000 extra candidates have been called for tier 2 this time. And total vacancies are less this time. Extra candidates have been called so that students dont go on a protest like they did after cgl2013 tier 2 result. If you remember when the result came out cutoff was 424.5 but after massive protest in allahqbad and delhi for over a month cutoff was brought fown to 420 and some extra students were called for interview. So ssc was cautious this time.
  • bhai logo mere 160(+/-) ban rahe h so whats my chances of getting an intrvw call........
  • misprinted its 460.......
  • misprinted its 460.......

U may get NIP
  • Any place where I can check my CGL 2013 marks for tier 1 and tier 2? The ones uploaded on the ssc website take forever to open. Didn't find my name there too :(
    A republic without a pub is a relic | Criticize the post, not the poster |
  • any chances ki paper cancel hoga.... because of different papers..?
  • any chances ki paper cancel hoga.... because of different papers..?
    Nahi bhai. Read ssc notification.
  • guys when do u think the 2014 recruitment process will get completed?

Bhai cutoff is 96 this year because 50000 extra candidates have been called for tier 2 this time. And total vacancies are less this time. Extra candidates have been called so that students dont go on a protest like they did after cgl2013 tier 2 result. If you remember when the result came out cutoff was 424.5 but after massive protest in allahqbad and delhi for over a month cutoff was brought fown to 420 and some extra students were called for interview. So ssc was cautious this time.
    sorry but i cant accept this excuse. SSC or UPSC dont bend as per people demands. They will prepare the cut offs as per the requirements not according to protests by people...you know nothing happend for 19th oct paper and u will see nothing happening for tier2 paper as well...neither there will be re exam no any kind of normalisation. And SSC wont definitely call more people for interview or tier2 just becoz people protested, bcoz 50 k more candidates mean more expenditure and its not easy to sanction this much more expenditure. A lot of formalities are required and when the cut off is prepared, its made according to a proportion rule... no way SSC will spend so much extra money just to accommodate some protesters. Think about it, even if SSc spends Rs100 for each student, 50,000 extra students will mean Rs 50 lakhs. Do you think SSC or the govt will sanction 50lakh rupees extra for some hooligans? I think not

Also, its really easy for people to say im scoring 470-480 just after giving the exam...bt wen the official keys will come then people will know their real marks. Till then its all speculation that cut off will be above 470-80. I dont accept this thing. A lot of people attempt wrongly and den later on they realise their mistakes.

Thirdly, the vacancies shown by SSC at the moment are temporary becoz it contains no post for Stats Investigator. If there are indeed no posts for SI then why was stats exam taken? The actual vacancies will be shown later only. So you cant say vacancies are less this time till the time we dont have exact numbers.

And im not saying all this to just calm down myself bcoz i know m not getting this time. But i do feel that everyone is really over estimating the figures. Time will tell what happens.

sorry but i cant accept this excuse. SSC or UPSC dont bend as per people demands. They will prepare the cut offs as per the requirements not according to protests by people...you know nothing happend for 19th oct paper and u will see nothing happening for tier2 paper as well...neither there will be re exam no any kind of normalisation. And SSC wont definitely call more people for interview or tier2 just becoz people protested, bcoz 50 k more candidates mean more expenditure and its not easy to sanction this much more expenditure. A lot of formalities are required and when the cut off is prepared, its made according to a proportion rule... no way SSC will spend so much extra money just to accommodate some protesters. Think about it, even if SSc spends Rs100 for each student, 50,000 extra students will mean Rs 50 lakhs. Do you think SSC or the govt will sanction 50lakh rupees extra for some hooligans? I think not

Also, its really easy for people to say im scoring 470-480 just after giving the exam...bt wen the official keys will come then people will know their real marks. Till then its all speculation that cut off will be above 470-80. I dont accept this thing. A lot of people attempt wrongly and den later on they realise their mistakes.

Thirdly, the vacancies shown by SSC at the moment are temporary becoz it contains no post for Stats Investigator. If there are indeed no posts for SI then why was stats exam taken? The actual vacancies will be shown later only. So you cant say vacancies are less this time till the time we dont have exact numbers.

And im not saying all this to just calm down myself bcoz i know m not getting this time. But i do feel that everyone is really over estimating the figures. Time will tell what happens.
    Bhai everything you said is correct but ssc brought down the cutoff to assuage the protestors is a fact. Two times chairman had to release statement to pacify the students. To clear each and every doubt raised by protesttors. Then cutoff was brought down by 4 marks. After then all candiadates tier 1 and tier 2 marks were made public in a pdf; earlier query based system was there in whuch a person can see only his own marks. All the documents- chairman requesting protestors, marks of tier 1 and tier 2 and old and new cutoff released after 20-24 days of protest - are there on the website.
    Rest of the things regarding normalizatiin, vacancies etc are correct.
  • Please can anyone tell me, whether ssc cgl pattern changed as shown on the website.
  • Please can anyone tell me, whether ssc cgl pattern changed as shown on the website.
    Everything will be clear on 2nd may. It seems govt have accepted IMG khan committee recommendations.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly