We are hiring!

SSC Tier-2 exam review

Comments

• any one here from mumbai center.my paper 1 was really difficult compared to question paper in delhi.
  • edited April 2015
    Hi everyone,

U guys can check "Key and Detailed solutions" for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam at http://smartvocab.in/index
  • edited April 2015
    any one here from mumbai center.my paper 1 was really difficult compared to question paper in delhi.
    @mevhravi
    I thought for Tier 2 question paper is same across all centres. am I wrong?
  • bhai key for english section please
  • bhai koi english ki key de do
  • any one here from mumbai center.my paper 1 was really difficult compared to question paper in delhi.
    @mevhravi
    haan bhai i also thaught the same.but i could hardly attempt 65 and some people in delhi have attempted 97.idiot ssc why is it conduction tier2 then it should give merit on tier 1 only.

• english key please
    @mevhravi
    haan bhai i also thaught the same.but i could hardly attempt 65 and some people in delhi have attempted 97.idiot ssc why is it conduction tier2 then it should give merit on tier 1 only.

have u seen their question papers?
    I don't think u should decide that question papers are different just by comparing attempts. Some people attempt just for the sake of it.
  • @Ichi are bhai i am telling attempt just to say that it was easy.my friend has told me a total of 5 questions on the phone which were not there in my question paper.
  • @Rits08 : maths pulls many down . If you practice it then you will make it everywhere.

I gave NABARD mains in delhi on 11th , both shifts. Skipped the 3rd paper for grade B that was on 12th. Did an overnight journey and reached SSC centre at 9:15 am. My head was aching. So quant paper wasn't that good :( . Now regretting. should have given NABARD grade B exam. :(

@Techie1150 : yeah you are right . :(

@manoj07 : Keep your spirits high buddy . The battle is not over . Gear up for both SSC and UPSC 2015.
    bt i think u have higher chance in getting into SSC than NABARD.... although i gave Stats paper on Saturday, but it wasnt like i was tired...i had practiced quant a lot, yet at that point of time i was unable to do questions wid speed...i wish i had done atleast 10more questions.... but anyways, no point in thinking about it now...its time to start preparing for other exams... m gonna start preparing for NET and RBI...besides, UPSC prelims is also not very far...its in August so will have to start preparation now
  • Paper 2 was easy but I was unable to do Paper 1 properly.. I guess i will just prepare for ssc2015... tired of failing again and again in every exam :(
    Btw i have got 98.50 in Tier 1 and wont be getting too good in Tier 2 but i gave stats test...so do i have a chance in stats investigator?
    tiny miny chances if there is any.....better prepare for 2015....like me

:((
    nd also hope that ssc exam pattern change naa ho
    how many questions did you attemot? and what were your marks in Tier1?
    I attempted around 60ques in quant and 194 in English...Stats mein i attempted 65... Do u think i might get a chance in stats investigator? bcoz last yr stats cut off was 453 and if i manage 280 in Tier 2 plus 70-75 in stats, i might be able to make to that score...but too depressed right now...Quant always takes me down :'(

i hate the ibps pattern...too much focus on DI...SSc quant is way better.. i hope it doesnt change but i wish they wud atleast make the paper online...so much of time gets wasted in filling up the circles
    i attempted 80 in maths...could have done 88...but ab pachtaye hote kya jab chidia chug gyi khet
    in english ....180....tier-1 marks- just 100.25
    in my view...ibps is easy to crack rather than ssc cgl....i'm saying bcauz i cleared it twice....this time i got PNB
    if ssc goes online, it'll definately going to benefit the bank preparing guys....but if ssc goes descriptive way..it will going to benefit those who r preparing for civils,state pcs etc

• Guys getting arnd 420 out of 600...ny chances??
    @mevhravi
    Question paper were different region wise
  • Paper 2 was easy but I was unable to do Paper 1 properly.. I guess i will just prepare for ssc2015... tired of failing again and again in every exam :(
    Btw i have got 98.50 in Tier 1 and wont be getting too good in Tier 2 but i gave stats test...so do i have a chance in stats investigator?

I attempted around 60ques in quant and 194 in English...Stats mein i attempted 65... Do u think i might get a chance in stats investigator? bcoz last yr stats cut off was 453 and if i manage 280 in Tier 2 plus 70-75 in stats, i might be able to make to that score...but too depressed right now...Quant always takes me down :'(

i hate the ibps pattern...too much focus on DI...SSc quant is way better.. i hope it doesnt change but i wish they wud atleast make the paper online...so much of time gets wasted in filling up the circles
    i attempted 80 in maths...could have done 88...but ab pachtaye hote kya jab chidia chug gyi khet
    in my view...ibps is easy to crack rather than ssc cgl....i'm saying bcauz i cleared it twice....this time i got PNB
    if ssc goes online, it'll definately going to benefit the bank preparing guys....but if ssc goes descriptive way..it will going to benefit those who r preparing for civils,state pcs etc

i have not been able to clear IBPS interview till now...i clear the written but not the interview...besides, im not too much into banking. SSC is also another option I want as a back up, so that i can prepare for UPSC... bt i was really hoping i will clear it this time, atleast stats investigator post... bt now im doubtful...
    u have done well in tier 2, u will be able to score 320 in tier 2 if majority of your answers are correct in the papers...adding 100 marks to that, you have a decent chance of clearing for interview as well as non interview post... so dont lose hope... As for SSC, i have no idea what changes they are going to bring in, but if they add subjective exam, it will definitely get tougher, but some people might benefit as well...this is because not everyone is good in maths and these exams mostly promote engineers and those extremely good in Maths to succeed.... some of the people like me always fall behind.... its not like i dont understand maths, i do...bt my speed is very less... anyhoo, lets see what happens...nai toh 1 more year waste :(
    @mevhravi
    @lordirwin so is cutoff also different region wise
  • ssc is one great stupid organisation.dont understand why they give different sets when the exam is supposed to be conducted in a single day all over india.
  • people from delhi only are going to get selected
  • pkppkp
    edited April 2015
    Paper 2 was easy but I was unable to do Paper 1 properly.. I guess i will just prepare for ssc2015... tired of failing again and again in every exam :(

i have not been able to clear IBPS interview till now...i clear the written but not the interview...besides, im not too much into banking. SSC is also another option I want as a back up, so that i can prepare for UPSC... bt i was really hoping i will clear it this time, atleast stats investigator post... bt now im doubtful...
    u have done well in tier 2, u will be able to score 320 in tier 2 if majority of your answers are correct in the papers...adding 100 marks to that, you have a decent chance of clearing for interview as well as non interview post... so dont lose hope... As for SSC, i have no idea what changes they are going to bring in, but if they add subjective exam, it will definitely get tougher, but some people might benefit as well...this is because not everyone is good in maths and these exams mostly promote engineers and those extremely good in Maths to succeed.... some of the people like me always fall behind.... its not like i dont understand maths, i do...bt my speed is very less... anyhoo, lets see what happens...nai toh 1 more year waste :(
    again it is a bookish advise but plzz keep one thing in ur mind i.e practice is the key for success....do sample papers of tier-1 as much as possible...sit in test series....bcauz 2-3 months r still there....for ssccgl tier-1 2015 as well as civil services prelimns
    nd yup...keep ur fingers cross for stats investigator cut off
    लहरों से डर कर नौका पार नहीं होती,
    कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।

नन्हीं चींटी जब दाना लेकर चलती है,
    चढ़ती दीवारों पर, सौ बार फिसलती है।
    मन का विश्वास रगों में साहस भरता है,
    चढ़कर गिरना, गिरकर चढ़ना न अखरता है।
    आख़िर उसकी मेहनत बेकार नहीं होती,

डुबकियां सिंधु में गोताखोर लगाता है,
    जा जा कर खाली हाथ लौटकर आता है।
    मिलते नहीं सहज ही मोती गहरे पानी में,
    बढ़ता दुगना उत्साह इसी हैरानी में।
    मुट्ठी उसकी खाली हर बार नहीं होती,

असफलता एक चुनौती है, इसे स्वीकार करो,
    क्या कमी रह गई, देखो और सुधार करो।
    जब तक न सफल हो, नींद चैन को त्यागो तुम,
    संघर्ष का मैदान छोड़ कर मत भागो तुम।
    कुछ किये बिना ही जय जय कार नहीं होती,
    @mevhravi
    @lordirwin so is cutoff also different region wise
    no there is no normalization of scores unlike bank exams. nr region paper 1 was the easiest according to Neetu Singh. ( paramount director)
  • @Ichi.. mevhravi is speaking fact...papers of delhi centre were much much easier in conpariso to odr centres...hv confirmed it myself..they r totally diff nd contain many oral qstns..i gave frm raipur centre nd here,paper was quite lengthy. ..75+ hv been a rarity here
    There are only two important days in your life:the day you take birth and the day you realise why.
  • edited April 2015
    ^^
    If that is true then delhi centre guys have a lead of 15-20 marks over the rest :(
    I wrote in Hyd centre and managed to solve only 77.
  • atleast 30 marks lead....i had 137 in tier1 but m hopeless now....ssc ne paisewalo ke lie naya provision kar dia....all d coachingwallahs of delhi would b too happy...its a shitty shitty organisation...hv no respect for it
    There are only two important days in your life:the day you take birth and the day you realise why.
  • ^^
    how many did u attempt in both papers?
  • 71 and 200
  • why can't this stupid ssc give same paper to all ?
    they should have done it atleast for tier 2
  • anyone find keys for set
    maths - - 232MM2
    ENGLISH - - 260SJ2

Please upload the link... unable to find...!!!

TIA
  • waise dk bose faaltu faaltu case karte hai... isse acha toh yeh case karna genuine hai ki why different papers....!!! how will they eliminate the subjectivity of toughness...!!!
  • To be frank... I was at Delhi centre..... I studied for one night..... And in maths i could solve 92 and getting around 180. English was also easy and getting around 170 in that.

One question in maths- person bought a thing at 25 rs, sold it at 30rs.. What is the profit %?.
  • I'm not bragging my skill..... Just giving a picture of real situation.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly