Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Don't just believe what we say, your first class is on us. Attend by registering HERE
STARTS 24th June | 5 PM

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

WDRA act and WAREHOUSE RECEIPTS

Any idea what does the segregation of receipt i.e. negotiable and non-negotiable receipts signify.
मैं खड़ा हूँ उसी दोराहे पे, आज भी इंतज़ार में तेरे !
या तो ज़िन्दगी आये तेरे लिबास में! या मैं चलूँ फिरदौस की तलाश में !!

Comments

• When you deposit commodities, lets say Sugar, in a warehouse, the warehouse issues you a warehouse receipt.

In case of negotiable receipt, you can sell the receipt to another person who will become owner of the commodity by virtue of holding the receipt.

In case of non-negotiable, you need to sell the sugar and deliver it to the other party, who will need to obtain separate receipt from the warehouse.
  • @tekina ji shukriya what i understand ... i have sugar or i will tell the warehouse that i will have sugar after 6 month thn warehouse will issue me the receipt thn i will go to the bank and ask that i hav the receipt so give me loan ...so this is how receipt system works, tht spot xchnge scam happened coz there was no actual sugar. keep it apart so u are saying negotiable i can sell to other person but non negotiable i cant sell. ok but why is it so.
  • No, a receipt can only be issued when commodity is actually delivered. Not on promise to deliver in future.

In the NSEL scam, fake receipts were issued, i.e. receipt issued but no commodity present.

Traditionally only non-NWRs were issued. Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA) was set up under the WDRA act. Only those warehouses which are recognized by WDRA can issue NWRs.

These warehouses have to meet infrastructure and operational standards of WDRA. Also WDRA keeps a record of all NWRs issued and their transactions. Such record is not centrally maintained for non-NWRs. Only the issuing warehouse has the information.
  • @tekina tnks :\">
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly