We are hiring!

SSC CGL Tier-2 or NABARD ? Which one are you preparing for and why?

edited March 2015 in SSC
Hi...as you all know SSC Tier-2 and NABARD mains exam dates are most probably going to clash!...I am in a complete fix right now and not able to decide which one to prepare for :(

In NABARD seats are very less and most probably people with non economics background, i guess, will be at disadvantage in the interview stage. Though, i feel, upsc aspirants have better chances in qualifying mains exam.

As far as SSC is concerned, seats are more but the fight for the top positions is tough, moreover 2013 CGL cut-off marks are giving me nightmares these days !!

What to do guys, not able to decide which one to go for...Plz help!

People in same situation as mine, pls share your thoughts, which one are you going to take and why? May be this discussion could help us take a better and informed decision.

Comments

• As Upsc aspirant you must go for nabard. Ssc jobs are subordinates to civil servants and it would be very tough to do job there mentally. But in nabard u hv ur own career progression. For that reason I m going with nabard.
  • Yaar nabard sirf 4000 log de rhe hain...agar 400-500 log bhi call ya email krke request krenge, to it will make a huge difference..3000 candidates ke to pakka clash ho rhe honge...lets make an effort, i think chances are there...4000 logo k liye xam postpone kraya jaa skta hai
  • @naveen1234 ....main bhi nabard ko prefer kr rha tha but ktch logon ne kaha ki RBI, NABARD jaise org mostly go for people with background in economics, banking, finance, etc. Isiliye doubt ho rha hai ki kya kren...?
  • @Kalicharan .... yr try to kr sakte hain, but personally i dont think it would have any effect on them. Last year bhi same situation thi, RBI pre aur UP-PCS pre same date pe the, but nothing happened.

But agar sab log mail kre to may be ktch ho...i am in for that! Kya mail content ho aur kisko mail kre...pehle ye decide krna padega....
  • Bhai change hona mushkil h.. to go into nabard is once in a lifetime opportunity. Moreover competition gonna less this time due to multiple exam clashes and many banking aspirants passing in pre... you can jusrify your knowledge by passing nabard.. but any tom dik n harry can pass ssc.
  • edited March 2015
    @naveen1234 thats seriously not the case about ssc as you say. Please see the cutoffs of CGL13..even a lot many of my known UPSC aspirants(who have cleared past UPSC Pre) have been unable to clear it. I agree there are huge no of posts which are very subordinate to civil servants but the top 4-5 posts are the cream ones..particularly the Inspectors ones who get into IRS after 10-14 years of service. These are the posts which are highly valued in our society and much more than any of the banks! I too have been selected for one of the top posts by ssc and I know that for an IAS aspirant it is the second best job from both points of view- as a superb backup as well as that of less workload giving ample time to continue with your preparation for UPSC!( State PCSs particularly SDMs and DSPs are the only better ones but are hardest nuts to crack, at times, even tougher than UPSC)

So, you may carry on with ur nabard or rbi preparation but certainly your point of view about SSC is not correct particularly when I know the top Inspector posts are not like as you say :-h
    SDM :UP-2015
  • nabard only has 74 vacancies for general, so with these low vacancies it will be the game of destiny...whereas ssc has more vacancies and its inspector post is pretty good...i mean inspector post is not as comparable to nabard post in terms of salary but you will surely get enough time to study for upsc...so, i guess the people who are above 26 yrs and need job to carry on their preparation must go for ssc because of the uncertainty in nabard exam...
  • edited March 2015
    @naveen1234 : bhai ssc (inspector in income tax and customs etc.) cannot be cleared by any tom dick and harry...you can see the general cutoff for last year exam...many of my friends were not able to get inspectors despite studying only for ssc exam...so, competition in ssc nowadays cannot be overlooked...
  • I have not applied for ssc but I will like to tell u that nabard and rbi exams involves substantial amount of luck.if u are in need of job go for ssc.but if u are willing to take risk then go for nabard.
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • In search of Rozgar I may opt for CGLE t2. Chickened out due to higher competition in Nabard wrt CGLE t2 & my own abilities. B-)
    .. Pre/.. Mains/ .. Interview/ 0 Selection || Law Optional || Way Down in the Hole
  • @naveen1234
    i know a CSE AIR 4 guy who expressed his disappointment to my elder cousin that he could never clear ssc in his attempts and it remained a unconquered thing for him out of all exams he gave
    You may be a king or a little street sweeper,but sooner or later you dance with the reaper!
  • @all
    When can we expect ssc cgl 2015 notification?
    as it was supposed to come on 14 march but is still not out
    any inputs regarding this?
  • ive given rbi gr b and there is nothing to justify its an exam of pure luck only 5-10 marks separates each other and plus questions are pretty straight fwd there was nothing there to actually test ur knwldge and as far as I know except the top tier upsc exams and gate and those exams for scientists and ugc net other exams dont test ones knwldge that much thats y we see guys who r ips or irs now who couldn't able to clear rbi gr b in their tym that doesn't mean it is very tough or smthng luck factor is very high there thats all :)
    Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax)
  • Really don't know what to choose. I am 26, no job, two upsc mains, two state psc interviews. Thinking of going for ssc as lot of luck factor is there in nabard.
    Friends is there any chance of NABARD AM paper 1 and 2 to be held on 11th april itself? That way we can be safe !!
  • Really don't know what to choose. I am 26, no job, two upsc mains, two state psc interviews. Thinking of going for ssc as lot of luck factor is there in nabard.
    Friends is there any chance of NABARD AM paper 1 and 2 to be held on 11th april itself? That way we can be safe !!
    11 eng since it is common for all 12 th they would have two papers.This is how I think they are going to conduct this exam
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
    Bhai seriously you should go for SSC... Yaar NABARD ki koi guarantee nahi... Guarantee ssc ki bhi nahi par ssc has greater chances and ample number of seats.. Yaar 27 ke hone k baad ssc nahi de sakte except for 1-2 posts.. So choice is yours.. Soch samajh kar jaana... Good luck...
    The Biggest room in this world is the room for IMPROVEMENT
  • @fender @ktg .....27 ka to main bhi ho chuka hun.... :(

But problem ye hai ki SSC me top post milna bahut mushkil hai (obviously, if u havnt started preparation, just like me!!) and i feel ki SSC ki low post se to accha hai ki Bank PO me try krna...atlst career prspects wise its better( we can try till 30)...isiliye abhi NABARD me hi try kiya jaye, may be some UPSC prep would help us....

abhi tak to main yahi soch rha hun...bhagwaan jane kab mood badal jaye...totally confused...or ye sala UPPCS pre bhi abhi hi hona tha...iske chakkar me sala ktch bhi nai prepare kr pa rhe hai, khali strategy aur planning hi ban rha hai bas.... :(( :((
  • @ktg @abhishek_lko_123
    Thank you friends. I am also very confused but most probably will go for ssc
  • @ktg @abhishek_lko_123
    Thank you friends. I am also very confused but most probably will go for ssc
  • @fender @ktg .....27 ka to main bhi ho chuka hun.... :(

But problem ye hai ki SSC me top post milna bahut mushkil hai (obviously, if u havnt started preparation, just like me!!) and i feel ki SSC ki low post se to accha hai ki Bank PO me try krna...atlst career prspects wise its better( we can try till 30)...isiliye abhi NABARD me hi try kiya jaye, may be some UPSC prep would help us....

abhi tak to main yahi soch rha hun...bhagwaan jane kab mood badal jaye...totally confused...or ye sala UPPCS pre bhi abhi hi hona tha...iske chakkar me sala ktch bhi nai prepare kr pa rhe hai, khali strategy aur planning hi ban rha hai bas.... :(( :((
    Haan yaar 27 k baad ssc main sirf 2 post k liye compete karna bada mushkil hai... hopefully aapka iss baar ho jaaye...
  • @ktg @abhishek_lko_123 @fender @hummingbird @mnrnjn @upsc_passionate
    When can we expect the notification of ssc-cgl 2015? It was supposed to come by 14th March, but so far no update regarding this. Kindly reply.
    When can we expect the notification of ssc-cgl 2015? It was supposed to come by 14th March, but so far no update regarding this. Kindly reply.
    :-??
    dude this is ssc dnt expect too m7ch from it
    the notification will come
    :D >:)
    Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax)
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly