ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

IB ACIO Exam related discussion

Comments

• reached at 8:55 am....entry was going on then.....document were checked till 10:00 am at ground floor ....there were 4 boards...mine was on 3rd floor....I was alloted 2nd board....each board had to interview 40 candidates....interview began from 10:20 am...My no came at 10:47am....entered the room...4 gentlemen....2 were muslims say M1,M2(i could figure out from beard pattern)....1 from north east....the middle one was chairman.

(entered the room....asked for permission....took care to close it properly)
    Me - Good morning sirs...
    All - Good morning.
    CM - Sit...please sit.
    Me- thank you sir.
    CM - your name is ******. how do you pronounce it?
    Me - (Pronounced it)
    CM- spell it.
    Me - (spelt it)
    CM - what does it mean?
    Me - sir...it means unprecedented....something that has not happened in the past.
    CM - OOHHH ! so your birth in this world is unprecendented....something that didnot happen before!! (everyone laughed...i also joined them)
    CM - why do you want to join IB?
    ME - Sir...I have keen interest in history....whatever i have learnt n analysed from that is that our ancestors neglected borders along north west...most internal problems are due to external factors...so i think i can be a part of this organisation n contribute to the nation.
    CM- why do u think our ancestors neglected it?
    Me- sir...they were too pre occupied with themselves...they thought indian sub continent as their world....they were busy fighting among themselves....there was no sense of unity..i can only remember of cholas who had sound navy n occupied sri lanka, java , sumatra.
    CM - (raises eyebrow) u mean india should conquer other countries?
    Me - no sir...i mean we should have good trade relations n communication
    CM - but we had that since ancient times..
    Me - yes sir...but there is fa hien, huien tsang,ibn batuta coming to india...also vasco da gama..but no one from india going to other countries.
    CM - Vasco da gama...where have u gone? anyways do u think naxalism is because of external reasons?
    Me - yes sir...to an extent....it is inspired by maoism....cadres of communist part of india(maoist) are part of naxalism...
    Cm- so u don't think it's a home grown problem?
    Me - sir it is home grown. but it's inspiration is from maoism, it also has tacit support of maoists across the border.
    CM- you have given any other exam?
    Me- yes sir..on 9th of august i gave SSC...i will be giving CSE prelims on 23rd.
    CM- you have CSE earlier?
    ME- yes sir...this will be my 3rd attempt....i have exhausted 2 attempts.

M1- what is name of ur college?
    Me - (told him)
    M1- u didnot take up any private job?
    Me- no sir...i had no interest,'
    M1- then why did u do b.tech?
    Me- sir, i was advised by my family to do it.I was only 17 then.
    M1 - n after going to college u found that u had no interest in it.(nodded)
    Me- yes sir..
    M1-Why do u think riots take place?
    Me- Sir, there are places where religious structures of two communities are there side by side. some people do mischief in these places. rumours are spread.also, in politics votes are asked in name of religion.pakistan also insitigates sometimes from across the border.
    M1- OK OK....do u think history has any role to play in it?
    Me- yes sir ..it was british policy of divide n rule.separate electorates were given to muslims in 1909. from then they started feeling as different.

CM interrupts - why do u keep blaming others for our own problems?
    Me - sir ...yesterday only I heard in news that counterfiet currency from bangladesh was being pushed into india by pakistan.
    CM- so every home grown problem is due to external reasons?
    Me- sir we cann't take a maximalist position...it's a blend of many reasons n all are intertwined.
    (CM smiles)

NE member - how many states are there in north east?
    Me- sir earlier they were 7 but since 1975 sikkim is included,
    NE member - 7 or 8 ?
    Me - sir now it is 8..(i was a bit confused now but said firmly)

M2- tell me something about maulana abul kalam azad?
    ME- sir he was a staunch gandhite. he stood firmly against separatism n communalism...in 1947 when communal passions were at peak he asked muslims from loudspeakers of jama masjid that they should not leave india...india is a secular country.(forgot to tell that he was education minister in nehru cabinet)

CM - GOOD! THANK YOU.
    (that was quite encouraging)

• Is it necessary to wear tie???...
  • Is it necessary to wear tie???...
    not compulsory
  • Nice experience , you had ! 4.5 questions really answered well !!
    Best of luck !!!
    @bufferzone

Which are the original / xrox documents you took there ??
    I haven't yet seen the soq form .mine interview is on 24th aug . I got my obc certificate .what else do I need on interview day.
    Please list out !!!
    Upsc upsc upsc upsc .!! Aur upsc !!
  • SSQ page no 7

14.(i) Have you any other person over 18 years residing with you? If yes, please give details, regarding name in full, date and place of birth, relationship and occupation.

What to fill in this? Family details again as I am staying with them?
    Chuck the Chucking Chuckers!!!
    Prelim:2009,2013,2014,2015
    Mains:2013,2014
    Interview: ---------
  • SSQ page no 7

14.(i) Have you any other person over 18 years residing with you? If yes, please give details, regarding name in full, date and place of birth, relationship and occupation.

What to fill in this? Family details again as I am staying with them?
    yes brother.... but no need to give the details again which you have already given..
    js write the name of that person and in bracket write his/her relationship with you... for e.g
    xyz(father)
    abc(mother).....
  • Experienced guys plz respond is it compulsory to have photo size of 5cm x 7cm..?
  • @kaaliyo thanks bhai....aapko bhi all the best!! I took 10th,12th,graduation marksheet n degree in original n 1 photocopy of each which was attested. but they took only 10th n graduation certificate.
  • @Swan identity certificate is must. they will ask for an undertaking that u need to submit it within 7 days if u fail to bring it on interview date.
  • @Swan identity certificate is must. they will ask for an undertaking that u need to submit it within 7 days if u fail to bring it on interview date.
    what is identity certificate?
  • Document wo khud kar denge ki karwa ke le jana hoga.
    It's on last page of AF..need gazetted govt officer's attestation on that.. They have also mentioned list of authorities..
    It's on last page of AF..need gazetted govt officer's attestation on that.. They have also mentioned list of authorities..
    oh..yeah got it. I thought some other certificate is required. my bad
    Thanks..for documents other than identity certificate ie. Pan card marksheets etc is it fine if these are attested by some random officer who are not gazetted but have authority to verify such docs..?
  • My script:

4members:
    C=chairman

m1=Guy with beard

m2: probably an IPS

m3:The assamese,maybe an IPS

Me :may i come in sir?
    C: yes come in sit down.
    Me:thank u sir

C:whats ur name .....(feeling that i will complete it)
    Me:told him

C:What does ur father do?
    Me:Told him

C:Who r the other members?
    Me: one bro and one sis
    C:So u have done BE from maharashtra?
    Me :yes sir

C:What r the internal national security challenges?
    Me:mao,naxal,left wing,terror,cyber,energy,development,foreign funding,global capitalism,Politics of agitation....etc etc.

M1:Which is the foreign terror organisation which is active in india?
    Me:Jamaat-ud-dawa,SIMIetc...

M1:which is the indigenous indian terror orgn?
    Me:sir....mmmm....Indian mujahiddean.

M1:yes,What r the security challenges in *******,,the place where u completed uR grad?
    Me:sir the linkage between underdevelopment and organised crime is the prime security challenge in this district.

M2:what is the politics of agitation?any example?
    Me: Sir,when the leaders use mobilization of people for the grievance redressal ,it is called politics of agitation.prime example is naxalism but sir,grievances also increase the frequency of organised crime attacks.ayodhya and subsequent chain of actions.

M2:You r an electronics engineer,tell me how will it be useful for this job?
    Me:sir,i can make gps trackers,snoopers and communication devices with cheapest components.Every organisation requires innovation without which it becomes dead.We need to improve our innovation capabilities and cross-disciplinary gives an advantage.

M2:do u know what is the big challenge before IB?
    Me: I dont know sir,but if u permit ,i may guess!

M2:yes u may do it!
    Me: sir , i think restraint from political information provision is a challenge before IB .Because neutrality may give it indepence and political favouritism may destroy our organisation.

M1:which other exams u gave?
    Me:sir upsc cse ,mpsc prelims,cds,sbi,UIIC,NICL,AAI...etc...

M1:Oh upsc... U gave mains?(smiling)
    Me:yes sir,but was short of some marks to get to interview.

M1:And what about these other exams?
    Me:sir,mpsc pre,cds,AAI,UIIC,NICL.now will give the mpsc mains next month

M1: (nodded to m2,m3 and c)
    C: ok akshay, You may go now.
    Me:thank u sir

(dont know if it has gone well.But i am very much unsatisfied with this 15 min interview)
    In times of universal deceit,telling the truth is a revolutionary act!
  • @KiteRunner bhai tum machane wale ho
    hope after pre we can write answers together
  • I reached the venue[bapu-dham] at sharp 8:30 am .just outside the gate no.4 a lot of interviewees were waiting.suddenly, an official came out and started calling names board wise.we were distributed between 4 boards,mine was board no.3.after the scrutiny of required documents and submission of AF and SSQ forms we were taken to the real arena.

I was waiting outside for 10 minutes they finished their tea and refreshments and then ringed the bell .it was 1:15 pm and i was 18th candidate in a group of 40. i entered the room and after proper salutations ,i was allowed to sit.and now it goes like this:

4 members, all male board

CM: sorry ,to keep you waiting for so long.
    me: it"s my pleasure sir.
    CM: so,mr. abc how old are you?
    me: sir , i am 27 years old.
    CM: have you got a girlfriend now?
    me: no ,sir .
    CM: have you ever had?
    me: sir i have been in contact of many girls but the nature of relationship with them can"t be ascribed as the conventional idea of a girlfriend.so i had, indeed i have, many friend girls but no girlfriend.
    CM: but why,so repulsive ?
    me: sir ,i believe in long term relationship between a girl and boy which needs a considerable time to breed.due to the frequent transfers of my mother who is in govt. job i never had enough time to cultivate such bonds. and once i left home i have been busy with this conundrum called “studies” and "job security ".
    CM: okay ,leave it.what do u think about live in relationships becoming popular in india.
    me: live in relationships are healthy relations but i believe that such realtions should not be hidden from our parents.our country's society is totally different from that of west from where this idea has been imported.the parent-children relationships in india are stronger and more integrated .we as a child are reared on parental grants for a long time and even after being financially independent we owe them for ,mental support.decision making.so, i think i have a greater responsibility towards my parents than my ephemeral likings. so i shall never go for live in relations without consensus of my parents.
    M1: ok,do you support gay marriages?
    me:yes sir,sexuality must be a matter of personal choices.
    M1: suppose u r a gay and ur parents strongly detest such relations ,will u go with ur parents?
    me:no sir i will try my best to convince them>
    M1:but you have said previously that u owe much to ur parents,that responsibilty stuff?
    me:sir, i would like to clarify that gay marriages are a very recent and uncommon question , society is discussing today.even most people don"t understand the nature of such relations . so definitely it will take time to convince society ,may be 50 years.
    M2:do u support dowry?
    me:sir if dowry is given voluntarily then nothing is wrong in it.in our society conventionally daughters have never been awarded any share in father"s property specially immovable one's,so a wilful dowry is a right of a daughter .even in our scriptures "stree dhan" has been mentioned to be kept by daughters.but for sure it should never be demanded.
    CM:but if your father insists on taking dowry ,will u agree.
    me:sir personally my father himself has not taken dowry,but if have to make a role play here then i will try my best to convince him not to demand it.
    CM:but, if he is adamant then?
    me:then i will go with my father"s wishes.
    M2:what is your idea of hinduism?
    Me:sir, i dont consider hinduism as a western idea of areligion .i believe in the supreme courts definition that hinduism is a way of life of indian subcontinent.sir like other great religions it does not have a single scripture,single belief,single leader or single path to almighty.gandhi ji has also said that even being an atheist one can be a hindu.
    M1:what do you think about the hindutva propaganda run by organisations like RSS?
    Me:sir , i believe that hinduism is more about a cultural and geographical identity rather than an parochial religious one .even the origin of word hindu by the arabs testifies this .it was a blanket word for all the pepole residing east of indus, irrespective of whether they were hunas,shakas,brahmanas ,etc.today if an organisation like RSS promotes this idea to bring a cultural unity and soocial cohesion,then i don't see any wrong in it.even RSS is having a muslim wing which follows such ethos.
    M2:what are the social evil in india?
    Me:sir.according to me treating women as second class citizens is the biggest social evil of india.even ,i came across such an incident today morning while coming here,when an autorickshaw driver opened sexist remarks on a girl who just asked him if he was free to hire.
    M2:do u suggest any remedy?
    Me:sir there can be many remedies but i believe in a sustainable solution not fire fighting.i believe that our education system today has got avery less space for value based education.i think by bringing back religion to school we can achieve it. if we draft a composite syllabi consisting of common values of all religions and introduce it in curicullum then it can be more effective than traditional moral education because religion is still a potent force in indian society.despite being developed in different socio economic conditions our religions have same core values.
    M2:any other social evils:
    me:sir india due to its diverse and complex society has innumerous social evils.one evil very evident in my hme state is casteism,upon which even today the major political cards are played.communalism,drug abuse,consumerism are also contemporary social evils.
    M1:Ok,you have dealt enough with social issues,u r an electronics engineer?
    Me:yes, sir.
    M1;can u explain me how mobile communication works?
    Me:gave him a long satisfying technical bla blah blah in a laymen language.

During the whole episode M3 was observing me from a corner ,now he slowly put off his heavy specs and gazed at me with a modest smile and said...

M3:mr abc i am a doctorate in medieval history, can i ask you something from history?

Me:for sure sir i have got a genuine interest in history,it will be a pleasure to answer.
    M3:can you name all the mughl emperors in chronology up to aurangzeb.
    Me:i answered it in a hassle free manner.
    M3:can you name them after aurangzeb?'
    me:yes sir i remember all the later mughals also.
    M3;OK ,OK , THERE IS NO NEED.

CM,M1,M2,M3 looked at each other for a moment then after a brief pause they told me to leave with smiling faces.

Dear friends,
    i have given upsc interview[alka sirohi], ssc interview and many private interviews but ,acio was the one i enjoyed most,there were no factual questions just a subjective opinion based questionnaire. just enter the dragon thinking that u r going to have a talk with 4 friends of your father who were so much impressed by you that they have come to meet you,.....fall with a bang........best of luck......pardon for syntax, grammar,spelling mistakes.....its the best i can afford in hasty times of cse prelims 2015.

• can i speak in hindi???? ...or english is must for interview??
    i can speak english but actually i m writing civils in hindi medium so am little more comfortable in hindi...so i m asking...plzz reply
  • edited August 2015
    @aditi you can choose language of your own comfort. It will be better if you wish them in hindi the moment you enter, it will be a hint for them to make a conversation in hindi, otherwise you can politely ask them to answer in hindi.They will try to engage you in english conversation sometimes, but only to check your basic competence with it otherwise whole interview will go in hindi.
  • @aditi you can choose language of your own comfort. It will be better if you wish them in hindi the moment you enter, it will be a hint for them to make a conversation in hindi, otherwise you can politely ask them to answer in hindi.They will try to engage you in english conversation sometimes, but only to check your basic competence with it otherwise whole interview will go in hindi.
  • What was the dress code for boys? Will eaadhar card accepted as photo id?
  • what to write in age at matriculation??
  • what to write in age at matriculation??
    your age.. when you passed 10th class...
  • edited August 2015
    Ant body filled details about relatives living abroad??what to write under date column where we have to fill their names and addresses on top of page 4 of SSQ
  • guys what is a identity certificate which we have to get attested /Signed...reply
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
  • Guys during my interview,I met other candidates and came to know that they were getting only 45-50 marks in gs and they were
    Selected for interview...anyways,here is wat happened there....
    Reached there at 8:40
    Entered office at 8:55,we were made to sit in a big hall.
    After some time they called us for document checking...and a humble lady started checking my documents...I was surprised to know that major in army is not a gazetted officer(according to them),and they gave me an undertaking to submit the attestation form within 7-8 days...but I managed to convince them that major comes in gazetted officer's list...
    Then they sent 5 students,including me on the first floor.
    We were not allowed to talk( as in engineering practicals-"bhai tujhse kya puchha")
    After 15 minutes,my no. Came(I was on 3rd number)
    I entered the room and wished gud morning to all...4 were sitting over there(3 men and 1 lady)
    Lady:you should wish "gud mrng" to us...(completely in hindi)
    Me: I wished ma'am
    Lady:it was too slow to hear.
    Then each and every member started asking questions that were not related to gs(not even with ib)
    Some analysis I did....
    You essay marks are important: as they had my sheet and were checking it thoroughly...
    Didn't saw gs sheet over there...
    You wll b made to write 5-6 lines of the same essay...
    HENCE,ESSAY IS IMPORTANT.....
    NO LANGUAGE BARRIER...SPEAK IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE...
    DO NOT PREPARE FOR THE INTERVIEW,AS YOU WILL NOT BE ASKED ABOUT IB AND ALL(unki marzi h kuch b puchh lenge)

• Ok
    Falak tak chal sath mere..... Beautiful song
  • Ant body filled details about relatives living abroad??what to write under date column where we have to fill their names and addresses on top of page 4 of SSQ

anyone?
  • Ant body filled details about relatives living abroad??what to write under date column where we have to fill their names and addresses on top of page 4 of SSQ

anyone?
    although this column is not applicable for me but since you are asking this question for second time so what i think is k 'waha wo date likni hai jb se wo person foreign me reh raha h'
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly