MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Political Science Optional in Hyderabad

edited February 2015 in Political Science
Hello, any aspirant from Hyderabad who has opted Political Science as optional ?? There is dearth of faculty for PSIR and also quality material in Hyderabad. And buying quality notes from renowned faculty (you-know-who) from Delhi is expensive. Would like to know if there's anyone interested in sharing PSIR materialcost with me. If you are, please let me know. (I'll wait for a week).
Even though you aren't interested in seeking any material, reply in here Hyderabadis....

Comments

• @IASS I have PSIR notes from you-know-who from 3 years ago - both handwritten and printed material (but not ALL). This time was my last attempt anyways, so you can take them from me if you want.
    Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of ïrony
  • @asg thank you very much for the reply. And sorry, I'm planning on buying updated material along with anyone. But thanks again for the offer. Best wishes to you for this year's attempt. I hope you crack the exam with flying colors and guide aspirants like us.
  • @devilanuj17 Hey, its ok man. You don't have to be that mean. @asg responded with a help and that was what I asked for. But point well taken, she updates her material albeit not drastically.
  • @IASS

I have seen what she says in classes, the material of 2013 to 2010 and saw few changes - not groundbreaking either.

Also, 8500 for her notes :P are you kidding me :P I can buy

1. Himanshu Roy
    2. Gauba
    3. Baylis Smith
    4. Kumud Ranjan Singh
    5. Rajeev Sikri
    6. Sumit Ganguly
    7. Heywood - Global Politics
    8. IGNOU Material XEROX
    9. Brian Nielsen
    10. ND Arora

and still will be left with a lot of money to have a booze party.

In fact post the results we can meet sometime, @asg and others, we can talk our strategies and you can decide on your approach.
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
  • @IASS

I have seen what she says in classes, the material of 2013 to 2010 and saw few changes - not groundbreaking either.

Also, 8500 for her notes :P are you kidding me :P I can buy

1. Himanshu Roy
    2. Gauba
    3. Baylis Smith
    4. Kumud Ranjan Singh
    5. Rajeev Sikri
    6. Sumit Ganguly
    7. Heywood - Global Politics
    8. IGNOU Material XEROX
    9. Brian Nielsen
    10. ND Arora

and still will be left with a lot of money to have a booze party.

In fact post the results we can meet sometime, @asg and others, we can talk our strategies and you can decide on your approach.
    +1 there is nothing new in her material.also it is always better to read standard books as they cover various aspect of syllabus.depending on her notes amount to taking shortkut which prove to be a risky affair.
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • asgasg
    edited February 2015

Depends on my credibility after the result :P
    Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of ïrony
  • Guys,please understand that there is no dearth of faculty for political science in hyderabad. Infact, balalatha ma'm is anexprt faculty for political sci he. She teaches at three of the best institutes of hyderabad ( you know which ones) .........her notes and especially the political theory and IR part is excellent. Attending her classes itself will enable a great deal of preparation. CSB Ias , hyderabad is possibly the best in South india , for political science. Try it and check for yourself.....attend a class and you will know I am not wrong !!!!!!
  • Hello Everyone, me too from Hyderabad, suggest me a Good Institute for PSIR in Hyderabad?
  • hello
    can anyone tell me where I can go for psir classes in hyderabad
  • @modesty_b
    Have you joined anywhere?
    modesty_b said:

hello

"Peaceful warrior"
  • srkrish said:

@modesty_b
    Have you joined anywhere?

modesty_b said:

hello

@srkrish
    no I haven't ... As far as I know, there is pragnya ias in ashok nagar but they quoted some 35000...since I'm not willing to pay that, for now I'm preparing with my friend.
  • modesty_b said:

hello

Balalatha , CSB IAS - This year's topper
  • vijay_21 said:

Hello Everyone, me too from Hyderabad, suggest me a Good Institute for PSIR in Hyderabad?

I don't know exactly the institute but a person Naresh thot sir in Hyderabad recently started pol science classes , many of my friends joined in his classes. If you have no money you can ask him for personal guidance for free and he will guide you for both general studies and political science . Few of my friends got good score this year and prelims his students got 148+ . My friends told me last year but i ignored him, now I am going to meet him today , I will update the reality .
  • Hi guys , I am late in updating you the info at last I got naresh thot sir's appointment . I met him yesterday evening till date I have a doubt of clearing upsc with psir optional but now no doubt at all, I really got a great personality , his conversation is like a child and he cleared all the doubts. Now he is working in 21st century IAS and providing free guidance program along with that he is giving off the institute guidance at home. I attended one class it was awesome I am fortunate that I met few of his students who cleared mains this year and I got feed back from them too. It was nice, as per peers if you attend his classes there is no need of reading any book like op gauba, suhila ramswamy, Heywood etc.. every book read by him and will give us important points. He teaches all the subjects in GS too. Me and my friends are going to join on Monday.

If you like any book you can give it to him , he will read summarizes and teach the same to us separately.
    Final word about him is that if you clear civil services, he will delete our mobile number from his phone and he will not claim that you are his student, and asking me if you clear this exam don't say in the newspaper or any medium that this is only because of naresh thot sir. Forget my name once you are done. These are his words.

thank you if I have any updates I will post here
  • I forgot to say this if you don't have money , he will give us free guidance for all the subjects including optional, free writing practice for all first attempt and seniors from him
  • archu@hyd said:

I forgot to say this if you don't have money , he will give us free guidance for all the subjects including optional, free writing practice for all first attempt and seniors from him

archu@hyd. I am looking for political science test series in hyd.....Any idea....
  • archu@hyd said:

I forgot to say this if you don't have money , he will give us free guidance for all the subjects including optional, free writing practice for all first attempt and seniors from him

archu@hyd. I am looking for political science test series in hyd...how to approach naresh sir for personal guidance.....
  • archu@Hyd how to approach naresh sir ... do u have his contact number or any idea about in which institute he is teaching...
  • @archu@hyd @deepak verma Hi, I am also looking for personal guidance for PSIR. Can you guys please give me a lead.
  • Chaitu_ said:

@archu@hyd @deepak verma Hi, I am also looking for personal guidance for PSIR. Can you guys please give me a lead.

This guy seems promising, complete course completion by 30 th january starting today on 27th dec
    Please find the link of the PSIR 2018course- https://unacademy.com/course/optionals-political-science-international-relations/8IVHV1ZG
  • SOHUM said:
    Hi Sohum, thanks for reply. Link is not working. However, I will check the same from unacademy. If you can, kindly post a new link.
  • Chaitu_ said:

SOHUM said:
    Hi Sohum, thanks for reply. Link is not working. However, I will check the same from unacademy. If you can, kindly post a new link.
    Here you go bro https://unacademy.com/user/amritanshu111-8385
  • Chaitu_ said:

@archu@hyd @deepak verma Hi, I am also looking for personal guidance for PSIR. Can you guys please give me a lead.

Yes @archu@hyd is true . He returns fee, living ascetic life, he will not ask you to promote him, he is living in a booth bungalow and finally he is a marxist n no fee you pay how much you can but result guaranteed . After going through this comment i researched on him and found his blog and contact www.nareshthot.com, joined under his guidance . He not only deals with political science optional , he teaches all the subjects in general studies . He gave us separate material for upsc ca and all, he wont encourage to read text books, out of his material we got more than 80 questions in 2018 prelims ( I am getting score 124 .XX). I joined last year mains time , in mains 90% questions what ever he taught .

I like his way of dealing a student , he will not coach us he will make us to realize how upsc is asking questions and how to predict questions and all .

I will tell you one example for current affairs we used to read everything from magazines such as vision, vajiram, drishti etc.. after joining him i learned out of 100 topics in vision i realized only 5-6 are to be picked selectively reading them .

If you are preparing for mains in Hyderabad he is the best guide for mains ( he focuses on mains answer writing from day 1 onwards) . For mains in hyd no coaching center provides best but nareshthot sir's guidance helps alot ( from senior friends his students)

If you are a white ration card holder immediately meet him dont joint in any institute because he is providing free guidance for white ration card holders after conducting Test .

Final verdict: He is very strict, discipline and best ( but first meet him only after meeting him decide whether to join him or not do not rely on my words )

P.S: These are all just my opinions
  • Hi friends , those who are looking forward for answer writing guidance or any guidance for political science optional can ping me ... personalized guidance would be provided at a nominal cost, myself have given upsc interview twice with psir... got 280s in 2016 and 290 in 2017 .... I would try to provide individual attention and honest service to subscribers ... any one interested can post two answer for which I will give review and if you guys feel worth it then u can take things forward thank you:-)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog