India votes in favour of UNGA resolution demanding UK withdraw from Chagos Archipelago Pakistan successfully test-fires ballistic missile Shaheen-II capable of hitting India Affiliation of ICG ship Shaurya with 3rd(Naga Hills) battalion of Assam Rifles I&B advisory to TV channels; asked to comply with respective undertakings of carrying news or non-news content U20 leaders call on G20 to accelerate SDG goals progress
All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
Start Now
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Computer Proficiency Test -SCC CGL

edited January 2015 in SSC
Please provide previous years questions asked in CPT.
Also I heard that substantial number of candidates don't qualify it. Can someone throw some light here. Out of 100 how many fail.
Also any othsr info would be helpful.

Comments

• Anyone???
  • http://www.sscnaukari.in/p/cptdest-preparation.html?m=1

Go through this link. You will get your answer.
    Mathematics CSE 2015
  • Thanks..which version of office they are using...2007/10/13?
  • No knowledge.
    Mathematics CSE 2015
  • Anyone??
  • Since it's a govt job i think either 2003 or 2007 can confirm it on 28th eve.
    Open your mind before you open your mouth.
  • someone pls tell I have filled CSS as preference list but dont want the post...so can I skip CPT? if so, any problems on other posts?
    SDM :UP-2015
  • @gini it's office 2007 professional, somewhat different from the one we use in our pc.
    Merge&centre & wrap text buttons are small but on the same place. Practice as much as you can. A lot of people fail cpt or dest and 15 minutes passes very quickly.
  • @NapoleonBro_naparte1 could u please share ur powerpoint and excel Question...my CPT is on 30th . any help before that would be greatly appreciated..
  • edited January 2015
    someone pls tell I have filled CSS as preference list but dont want the post...so can I skip CPT? if so, any problems on other posts?
    I asked this question at the time of Doc verification during interview..i was told that if one is allotted CSS and fails to appear for CPT, he/she will lose claim to any other Interview post.

On the other hand, if one fails in CPT, he/she shall remain eligible for other interview posts...

But i myself was not very convinced. Loically, one shud clear both
    1. [Tier 1+Tier 2 + Interview cut offs] AND
    2. CPT
    to be eligible for CSS. In case 1 remains absent, he/she shud be deemed to have "failed" in CPT. But the guy i asked was of a different opinion..Please clarify further at ur end. Or just go and flunk in CPT..its not very tough to do so.. just sit idle for 15 minutes and lo ur job is done!!

• @Techie1150 in exel it was a simple addition & % calculation in ppt it was just one slide title& subtitle very simple instruction but a lot of typing and like i have said before 15 minutes pass very quickly or may be their clock runs faster, most people in my room including me failed either typing or cpt. The office 2007 there was a little different from the one we use. Prepare well.
  • edited January 2015
    @NapoleonBro_naparte1 ohhkkk.. i too don't have Office 2007 Professional version. Yes u are right about the time factor. In case the data to be entered is of 4-5 digits, making table in excel can become time consuming.. lets hope for the best. Thanks for ur inputs buddy!!!
  • someone pls tell I have filled CSS as preference list but dont want the post...so can I skip CPT? if so, any problems on other posts?
    I asked this question at the time of Doc verification during interview..i was told that if one is allotted CSS and fails to appear for CPT, he/she will lose claim to any other Interview post.
    On the other hand, if one fails in CPT, he/she shall remain eligible for other interview posts...

But i myself was not very convinced. Loically, one shud clear both
    1. [Tier 1+Tier 2 + Interview cut offs] AND
    2. CPT
    to be eligible for CSS. In case 1 remains absent, he/she shud be deemed to have "failed" in CPT. But the guy i asked was of a different opinion..Please clarify further at ur end. Or just go and flunk in CPT..its not very tough to do so.. just sit idle for 15 minutes and lo ur job is done!!

The teachers at my center said it was all right to be absent in fact i saw a guy leave without even signing the sheet. Also it makes zero sense to disqualify people for not being there, some people have not even filled css or tax assistant. But you should confirm with someone who is already working.
  • @NapoleonBro_naparte1 ohhkkk.. i too don't have Office 2007 Professional version. Yes u are right about the time factor. In case the data to be entered is of 4-5 digits, making table in excel can become time consuming.. lets hope for the best. Thanks for ur inputs buddy!!!
    The data in my case was 7 or 8 digits(population of states). You had to put commas after your calculations. Many made this mistake and got the wrong result. Now i know why cut off for css is so low.
  • @NapoleonBro_naparte1 buddy, i read somewhere that we can't use "control" and "Alt" keys during the CPT.. Now excel provides short cut to copy formulae using "Control" + Mouse drag .. so does it mean that we can't use this particular short cut to copy formulae in adjacent rows or columns??

Also, are "charts" being used in Powerpoint or excel??
  • @Techie1150 they tell you to avoid these keys because it can have undesirable outcome. You can use any key or mouse drag and they won't mind and if you are fast enough and willing to take a risk you can find a file saved by a previous candidate change name and roll no save it on desktop and show it to them. I tried but they had old version of window so i couldn't find the folder where they save those files.
  • @Techie1150 they tell you to avoid these keys because it can have undesirable outcome. You can use any key or mouse drag and they won't mind and if you are fast enough and willing to take a risk you can find a file saved by a previous candidate change name and roll no save it on desktop and show it to them. I tried but they had old version of window so i couldn't find the folder where they save those files.
    he he :-) good trick ...

Buddy are "charts" being asked in excel or powerpoint??

• @Techie1150 no charts but you should practice them anyways.If you have appeared in the interview then clearing the cpt can guarantee you css no matter your marks in any of the papers or interview.
  • I have found a great link to get study materials on this linkssc materials and notification
  • In cpt excel and PowerPoint work shud be perfect or some formating mistakes pardoned? I have done all the calculation part correct
    Honest reply please
  • @NapoleonBro_naparte1 thank u so much.. you have be greatly helpful. can u plese throw some light on the powerpoint.. did they give the printed version of some slide and asked to make the same?? how many slides? and is the typing test on word 2007 itself or they use some other platform. plz reply.
  • @Techie1150 @gini please share ur experiences ....
  • @Don_001 black & white print out. Just one slide with instructions which an average person may find difficult to execute. Typing test is on a different platform. You'll have to type a lot in slide too.
  • @Don_001 black & white print out. Just one slide with instructions which an average person may find difficult to execute. Typing test is on a different platform. You'll have to type a lot in slide too.
    bhai in typing do they give a printed text (hardcopy) and then we have to type it??
  • @Don_001 yes you'll be given a hard copy which if you ask me makes it even more difficult. So practice a lot.
  • how many students are absent in CPT ...
  • Only a few. Not a lot of people would want to miss a shot at css.
  • hello friends I have some of the sites which is very useful and informative hope you will like too
    for SSC
    for IBPS
  • Does one need to have a computer course certificate? In some jobs it is asked like in bank Po I think.
    If it is required, is having studied computers in 1st year of engineering enough?
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google