Saudi Arabia to host G20 summit in 2020 Nepal launches its first satellite from the USA IT dept. proposes new norms for taxing MNCs Plea in SC on voting rights of undertrials and convicts Officials allow some persons to cast ‘tendered’ votes in T.N.

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

How's JP Sood for Western Political Thinking? (acc to SR Mam)

edited December 2014 in Political Science
Guyz acc to shubhra ranjan mam we should go with
JP Sood -for western political thinking
Plus
I have read somewhere for western political thinking one should refer western author only
But since jp sood has been mentioned by ma'am , it takes some stand
So now i am all confused
Plz help
Which book shall i prefer ?
Thankyou

Comments

• Guyz acc to shubhra ranjan mam we should go with
    Plus
    I have read somewhere for western political thinking one should refer western author only
    So now i am all confused
    Plz help
    Thankyou
    for the same reason i bought the book ...took a overview of it found it nice , lucid and well chiseled...since i have not gone thru any other book so cant tell you about others ....+ its nice for beginners who dont know A B C of any western thinker ...a heavy starter before the main course....
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
  • Its JP Suda. :)
    Secondly, I have read Subrata one and all of Sudas relevant volumes. I have found Suda to be rich in political vocabulary and easy to understand. Its basically a derivation from Sabine and other classical political thought history books so you will also get a lot of phrases which come directly in mains. e.g:- Mill as prophet of empty liberty(several mains)
    Subrata is a bit difficult but one advantage it has, that is, presence of recent debates and interpretations. e.g:- Lockes treatise against Filmer not Hobbes(mains 2013)
    In conclusion I would say that go with Suda bcoz you will find most of the other questions doable and also you will be able to quote most phrases.
    PS- i havent gone through Brian Nelson
  • @nitu1234
    Can u please pm me that Indian Thought sage book. I saw you sending it to someone on another thread.
    Thank You
  • @Panditji check your inbox
  • mail it to me too
    1st Attempt - 2014 - CSM-fail
    2nd Attempt - 2015 - CSP fail, Opt - Pol. sci. ,
    "A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
  • @Panditji can u plz tell how many volumes are there in Jp Suda?
  • It has 4 volumes.. But the last one I think has none of the major topics. Only if u want to do Fascism, Gandhi+Sarvodaya, Behaviouralism and other such (out of the blue?) topics you can refer to it.
    :-B
  • It has 4 volumes.. But the last one I think has none of the major topics. Only if u want to do Fascism, Gandhi+Sarvodaya, Behaviouralism and other such (out of the blue?) topics you can refer to it.
    :-B
    where can i get this book.most of the e retailers are either not selling this book or its out of stock.does anyone has a pdf.can you pm if you have.
  • Guyz acc to shubhra ranjan mam we should go with
    Plus
    So now i am all confused
    Plz help
    Thankyou
    for the same reason i bought the book ...took a overview of it found it nice , lucid and well chiseled...since i have not gone thru any other book so cant tell you about others ....+ its nice for beginners who dont know A B C of any western thinker ...a heavy starter before the main course....
    is it jp sood or jp suda please clarify.i need to buy this book
  • @ram23 its JP Suda ...
    I have confirmed from ma'am
  • @ram23 its JP Suda ...
    I have confirmed from ma'am
    thank you.did you buy this book.how is it.actually i asked mam to recommend a book from where i can read all the important quotes of thinkers.mam suggested this book.so if anyone had read this book please give a review.i am from chennai.this book is not available in any shops here and also flikart and snapdeal are not selling this book.where can i get this??

• Hey Guys, I am a veteran UPSC Aspirant with pol. science as optional looking to shift to Delhi for UPSC 2015 . Any matured and interested guy with clean habits may contact for preparing and living together in delhi.
  • Hey Guys, I am a veteran UPSC Aspirant with pol. science as optional looking to shift to Delhi for UPSC 2015 . Any matured and interested guy with clean habits may contact for preparing and living together in delhi.

:) :D
  • i also need j.p suda if anyone has ebook or pdf pls send me to
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google