CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh New batches of PHILOSOPHY from: 27th SEPT(Evening) - 5pm
& 9th OCT (Morning) – 11 am

For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

[CSE Mains 2017] Chemistry optional discussion

Comments

• @vinnyiitr what is your result ?
  • Negative this time
  • @vinnyiitr Did you not clear Mains this time? I dont believe it.. you had a great score in chemistry and there could only be improvement in chemistry and others.. what happened if i may ask? Take care
  • @vinnyiitr Did you not clear Mains this time? I dont believe it.. you had a great score in chemistry and there could only be improvement in chemistry and others.. what happened if i may ask? Take care
    I prepared as per previous year papers and got good score (225) last year .. But this year paper 1 specially was given very different (my perception ) .. I think that might have dropped my score to 170-80 and kicked me out .. Still it is too shocking for me.. Last year 1st attempt,1st interview.. This time with better ppn didn't clear even mains ..
  • Same here @vinnyiitr mera Bhi cut gya can we have discussion on phone mine no is 9910000007
  • @vinnyiitr @ankschem In math it seems like correct attempt of 440+ got people in the interview.. however last year it was only 330+ correct attempt.. 330+ correct got them marks of 210..
    i think same happened with chemistry.. a lot of people took engineering optionals and now its almost impossible to compete.. What was your correct attempt? How does it compare to last year?
  • @vdasundi Did you get through man?
  • @vinnyiitr @ankschem In math it seems like correct attempt of 440+ got people in the interview.. however last year it was only 330+ correct attempt.. 330+ correct got them marks of 210..
    i think same happened with chemistry.. a lot of people took engineering optionals and now its almost impossible to compete.. What was your correct attempt? How does it compare to last year?
    Last year I epxected corrct attempt of around370-400 and scored 225 and this year I found paper 1 diff. With total correct attempt of 330-350 ... And expected score of 210 around .. But it feels like .. Got much less ..

• Yeah got through.one of my frnd from Hindi medium also got through with chemistry
  • @vdasundi At last someone from chemistry... What was your attempt (total/correct) this time.. All the best for your interview.. may the odds be ever in your favour.
  • @vinnyiitr thanks man.. its hard luck.. i got stuck at prelim stage only due to some silly mistakes.. but this time we will make no mistakes.. paper 1 was very numericals oriented.. before it was not the case.. was that the factor that surprised you?
  • Around 200 in paper 1 and around 215 in paper 2 not sure abt the correct attempt .
    CSE Mains 2014 Geography
  • Check this file list of Topper till now, with optional paper

ECONOMIC is on HAT TRICK, if this year again topper came from ECONOMICS

Chemistry topper last came from 2003
    pdf
    pdf
    Check the organized list of IAS Toppers of every year with their Optional subjects.pdf
    Check the organized list of IAS Toppers of every year with their Optional subjects_001.png
    612 x 792 - 141K
  • anyone preparing for chem this year from delhi this time we can prepare together
  • @ankschem which area are you in? I am in dwarka.. maybe we can work on whatsapp.. one difficult question every day or so.. PM me your number..
  • @chemistry 9910000007 let's talk
  • @vdasundi : best of luck for ur interview
  • @chemistry @ankschem I am in, a dedicated whatapp group for chemistry would be really useful.
  • @all theres alreay a whatsapp group existing ...ping ur no to @Rakeshme05
  • Hi.. I got through too with Chemistry . Correct attempt of around 360 marks.. 1st attempt..
  • True..would really lyk to join the whatsapp grp.. @MASURATU @Rakeshme05 @ankschem .. guys plz add me to the whatsapp grp for chem.. m msging u my number.. btw i live in Delhi too..
  • Congrats @bruce_wayne50 ....ping ur no to @Rakeshme05
  • Hi Guys,

Anyone of you preparing from Blore with Chemistry optional ?
  • hello frnz!! I too have cleared with Chemistry this time. Last year I got 235 in chemistry.. Cleared both IFS and Civils last year. currently undergoing IFS training. If anyone having any doubt regarding optional, u may mail me at deva2u4u.iitkgp@gmail.com
    Indian Forest Service (Officer Trainee)
  • Congratulations @DebuDa
    All the best for the interview!

Just wanted to check what was your attempt in optional this year.
  • @Debuda
    pls, if possible tell ur correct attempt of last year and this year in both ifos and civils so that we get an idea on scaling.
  • @johnstewart @j2ankit 2013 Civils: paper I, correct attempt 220/250.. Paper II 235/250.. in total 455/500 ... marks obtained 115 (I) and 120(II).. total 235..
    2013 IFS: correct attempts.. 165/200 in paper I and 175/200 in paper II.. marks obtained 101 in I and 122 in II. total 223..

this year in civils.. papers were a bit tougher than last year.. moreover space given in few questions in paper I were grossly inadequate.. i had to compromise with quality of answer in many questions. this year also my correct attempt is around 450 (220 in I and 230 in II) but this time i m expecting 10-15 marks lower compared to last year.. around 220..
    Indian Forest Service (Officer Trainee)
  • @DebuDa thanks for ur prompt response. would you please shed some light on your preparation for paper 2. which books did u follow for p2? book list given by abhijeet sir is exhaustive but very voluminous (may not be possible to complete in remaining 4.5 months. how did u prepare p2 ? pls guide all of us.
    thnx again
  • Guys, there is a whatsapp group for Chemistry with 12 members. Serious candidates are invited to join for regular discussions, doubts and updates related to Chemistry as an optional.
    Message your phone number to @Rakeshme05.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog