All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
on 22nd May, 2019 CLICK HERE to know more and apply
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

IBPS PO-4 Interview

edited December 2014 in Banking
Selected POs please guide how should one prepare for the IBPS PO interview. it is in January.
what's in a username?

Comments

• I think there are FB groups for that.

As for the interview, I know people who attended. The questions were from your educational background and normal HR questions (as far as I know). IBPS interviews shouldn't be that much difficult. They might ask you about your grad subjects. Keep track of Jan Dhan yojana and related stuff that has banking impact.
    A little knowledge of budget.

But be good with your HR questions like - Tell me about yourself and why you want to come to banking.

If you are not satisfied with basic prep, then you can try this. You can be aware of the latest government programs, banking related stuff such as payment banks and new bank licenses. It won't hurt to have knowledge of RBI committees (Urjit Patel and Nachiket Mor) and monetary policy stuff such inflation targeting. can also read about the sarada scam and related Sahara stuff.
    Target 2014|Public Administration
  • Just make them feel that you want this job and pretend that you will stay in Banking. Everything else is secondary.
    If you can take it, you can make it.
    I will fight till the end, be it bitter, be it glorious.
  • Interview will be easy. Mainly, they will ask you why you want to join Banking.

At that time, just focus on practical things -

1. Stable secure job
    2. Salary
    3. Good career growth

( Whether you agree with the above points or not are completely different issues. )

They will ask a couple of current affairs related questions.

Some panels ask Banking related questions too.

You can check Mrunal's Comments Section where People who attended last year's interview have given their experiences.

All the best.

P.S. - I cleared IBPS PO 3. :)
  • edited December 2014
    Plz help @all-I hv passed my graduation in 2012.n still hv NT gt my original degree,bt I hv d provisional one...so my provisional degree will work in d interview or it ll
    bcm an issue??
  • Hey, I just wanted to confirm that the interview call letters have not come out yet. ~O)
  • Plz help @all-I hv passed my graduation in 2012.n still hv NT gt my original degree,bt I hv d provisional one...so my provisional degree will work in d interview or it ll
    bcm an issue??
    Not a big deal.. Just tell them that the colg has not provided the degree yet. At max they can ask for an undertaking but if u talk it out, even that can be avoided.

You either get bitter or you get better.
    The choice does not belong to fate. It belongs to you!
  • Hey everyone, please confirm if u have received call letter for the interview or it has been uploaded somewhere...
  • edited December 2014
    Hey everyone, please confirm if u have received call letter for the interview or it has been uploaded somewhere...
    Interview call letters have not been uploaded yet.
  • where is interview scheduled?
    place of residence or place of taking the test?
  • Place of taking the test , I guess.
  • what does print out of application submitted to ibps mean?
    where to take the print out from of the form submitted to ibps?
    any links?
  • @Aakash90987 This time it has been specifically mentioned in the call letter to bring the degree certificate which was not the case earlier. Its good if u have the certificate else can still give an undertaking to present it later.
    @kimaya its the form filled when we applied for IBPS
    You either get bitter or you get better.
    The choice does not belong to fate. It belongs to you!
  • My interview is on 25th morning, bank of india noida.anyone else having the same?
  • thanks @Priyanka_9
    @Kalicharan how to reach sector 62?
  • Anyone on 22nd jan
  • thanks @MarvHartigan and how much time does it take to reach from botanical garden metro?
  • Thanks @MarvHartigan for your help. @kimaya it is abt 10 km / 22 min from botanical garden acc to google maps, you having the morning shift as well ?
  • no @Kalicharan its in the afternoon.
  • @kimaya okk, just hope ssc tier2 2014 date changes, its on 25th jan acc to their website.
  • Bhailog....by mistake I wrote IAS prep as the reason for leaving job in Ibps form. Now, how to negate this blunder? And what kind of questions/bouncers can I expect from interviewers? Kahin aisa na ho ki Ibps interview ke liye CSE level ki prep karni pad jayega! :-SS
  • @Kalicharan yeah its on the same day. what you planning to do??
  • @kimaya will go for ssc maybe, its kind of tough to focus on upsc prep in banking jobs,but again its kind of risky. Depends on tier1 score, if its 25 plus from the cutoff i will go for ssc

• Bhailog....by mistake I wrote IAS prep as the reason for leaving job in Ibps form. Now, how to negate this blunder? And what kind of questions/bouncers can I expect from interviewers? Kahi

• @SarathRamakrishnan Does one needs to carry a resume ?
  • @tylerD
    No need to worry Bhai. I specifically told them the same during my interview. One of the interviewer, a very old and knowledegable man, even wished me best of luck for IAS. I took it as a blunder and thought my chances were over. Surprisingly, I had a very good score in the interview.
  • Good to know that bro! Could you please share your experience about interview? What all things I need to prepare and how much score is required in interview to clear it? My attempt was around 109 in test.
    @tylerD
    No need to worry Bhai. I specifically told them the same during my interview. One of the interviewer, a very old and knowledegable man, even wished me best of luck for IAS. I took it as a blunder and thought my chances were over. Surprisingly, I had a very good score in the interview.
  • edited January 2015
    Anyone's on 19?

What kind of questions are usually asked from an engineer with a foreign degree?
  • @tylerD
    Convince them that you are genuinely interested in banking as a fruitful career and you have had offers and chances to join other fields too but did not compromise. This is the only part of the interview which will have some cross questioning. Most of the interviewers are aged or retired employees who have enjoyed the periods when banking as a profession had some reputation and comfort. They are bullish about the growth prospects and value the younger generation for their technical prowess and digital skills. If a situation arises when you can leverage the points mentioned, pounce upon it.
    Be thorough with the banking terms and terminology and the recent happenings in the sector for the last 6 months or so. Learn the names of the new appointments and the latest policy changes implemented in the sector. The first few preferences of banks should be studied in detail. The GDP forecasts by WB and IMF and RBI quarterly policy reviews can be given a look.
  • @samar_singh91
    Thanks for your valuable information.were you able to make it to the final list?
  • Thanks @samar_singh91. Will keep all those points in mind!
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google