Saudi Arabia to host G20 summit in 2020 Nepal launches its first satellite from the USA IT dept. proposes new norms for taxing MNCs Plea in SC on voting rights of undertrials and convicts Officials allow some persons to cast ‘tendered’ votes in T.N.

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

What all calculators are allowed in science optionals?

edited November 2014 in Tools & Technology
It is very important to familiarise ourselves with right calculator. Can any senior player inform whether Casio FX 991ES is allowed? We used it during our college exams but I am not sure if UPSC allows it or not. HPPSC allows only very basic calculators, the ones used should not even have check option. They would simply not allow even the calculators used in baniya shops.

Comments

• I have the same confusion whether Casio FX 991ES is allowed or not?? somebody plz help!
  • Yes. FX 991ES is allowed. I used it the last time.
  • Any non-programmable calculator is allowed.
    If I'm not mistaken, Casio programmable calculators have a 'P' at the end
  • HPPSC doesnot allow FX991ES saying that only very basic calculators are allowed.

• Has anybody tried Casio 991EX ?
    Apparently there are some additional functions related to matrix multiplication. Are they helpful particularly for Physics optional ?
  • same doubt her fx-991ES though i have checked it is non programmable but still any experienced person may clarify
  • Upsc page at the time of downloading admit card explicitly says non programmable calc is allowed.
    36 ka aankda with upsc
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google